“Delicious”

Il Piccolo Diavolo
Ranked #3,768 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'd seen this place for ages as it's near a bus stop I use, and thought: "Oh, there's ANOTHER Italian Restaurant." All the same, something about it made it seem worth exploring. As soon as we had set foot in there, for my mum's birthday meal, the very kind and welcoming staff made us feel like it was the right thing to do, and one bite of my appetiser - the traditional bruschetta - was enough to make me sure that whoever was in the kitchen was and is extremely talented. I've now been three times, and took my girlfriend there which was perfect. Best dish is the spaghetti al cartoccio, with their homemade pasta instead of spaghetti. It's pasta and seafood wrapped up in foil and cooked in a white wine sauce - a real Neapolitan dish that I recognise from holidays to the Amalfi Coast, but had never seen in London before. You have to try it, and their other dishes too. I also recommend their "girasole" - a homemade ravioli filled with smoked salmon, though this was a daily special, so won't necessarily be there for your first visit. The owner's wife also bakes delicious cakes for dessert.

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic little Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We live nearby so this restaurant is quickly becoming our favourite place to go when we want a nice relaxed meal. This area has a few very good Italian restaurants, so competition is fierce. In spite of this, I believe Il Piccolo Diavolo to be the best Italian restaurant in the area.

Staff are so helpful when describing the menu and the specials, and the mix of fresh pasta and traditional pizzas is great. We tend to dine of the specials menu whenever we go in, as they often change and seem more interesting than your usual Italian fare.

Price-wise, this is great value for money. 2 courses and a litre of (very drinkable) house wine will come to around £40.

Go here and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
London
“Great authentic Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've just been introduced to this place by a friend and it is lovely. We both had beautifully cooked and imaginative pasta dishes, and the staff convey real enthusiasm for the food. We shared a cake slice for dessert which was as good as it looked (very!). Only flaw was that the house wine was pretty rough - next time I'll upgrade. Can't wait to go back and introduce others to it.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very small, friendly Italian. Home made pasta extremely good, other things fine. Slightly more expensive than one thinks it might be, but a welcome change from run of the mill pub/gastro fare.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful homemade pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Delicious beetroot ravioli w blue cheese and walnuts and wonderful melanzane parmigiana. A yummy meal w great service. So pleased to have found this lovely little local. And a great late nineties/early noughties soundtrack to our evening.