“Quirky, elegant and yummy.”
Review of Pix

Pix
Ranked #2,099 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having had the pleasure of enjoying Pintxos in the basque country, I can say that this place ticks all the boxes with regards to presentation, layout and atmosphere. The only thing missing (and quite important for a pintxo bar) was the Txakoli, which makes it feel like you're still in London enjoying an incomplete, foreign version of the real thing - which isn't necessarily bad, but merely inauthentic. That aside, the few pintxos we did try were very tasty.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

At last, a tapas bar that gets (almost) everything right. In the heart of Soho it's a great place to stop for a pre-dinner glass (actually a bottle) of good (value and price) wine and some decent sized, well made tapas. The place was buzzing (a Thursday night, about 6pm). The service was great. They slotted us in to a pre-booked table - it was a clear and honest deal, we could have the table (bar & stools) for about an hour. Just right. The process (simple) was explained and it worked as designed. Our Rioja was inexpensive (under £20) and the tapas plates are something like £1.75 for small and £2.50 for large (but do not quote me on that - but our two plates and bottle of wine came to £25, so I cannot be far out). Taste-wise, the food was not a total knock-out - no "ooohs" or "aaahs" - but this is simple, good tapas and I may not have chosen well so it's a passing, grazing thing. When our time was up and the booked guests arrived, we were offered a different, smaller table to finish off on. Now, the big issue: I asked the waiter if the staff got 100% of the inclusive service charge. He hesitated and said they get half. What's that about? We removed the added charge and gave cash as a tip. If he was telling us the truth (I have no reason to suspect otherwise), then this is not a good management practice. If I tip, I tip the staff, not the owners.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went there with my adult kids who live in town, really fun place. Great smiley service and nice tapas. Really enjoyed it, somewhere with something different and made a nice change. We'll be back!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Pix Pintxos is an unassuming small tapas bar in the heart of Soho. It was my first time in this very atmospheric restaurant and bar (very Spanish in layout). The tapas were laid out on the bar very much in the style of the great bars of Barcelona and I immediately felt it had that authentic feel of Spain. They were all delicious and a lovely glass of sparkling Rose was a compliment to the good food. The staff were so helpful offering hot food straight from the kitchen. The prices were very good compared to some of the more pretentious restaurants in this part of London. I thought it was very good value for money. I also visited the toilets and they were modern and very clean always a good sign. This is a great little place definately worth a visit.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This made an excellent change for lunch, an interesting system being charged by the portion. The restaurant is bar like in design with wooden stools to sit on, so not big on comfort but that's not the idea - this works perfectly for a quick bit and drink. If you stayed too long your bill could grow, we had one beer each and a comfortable selection of tapas this came to £49.