“A stunning setting and beautiful art”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mall Galleries

Mall Galleries
Ranked #356 of 1,599 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Central London's leading gallery celebrating contemporary visual arts through a lively and diverse programme of exhibitions and events
New York City, New York
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A stunning setting and beautiful art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I and my wife visited the Mall Galleries recently for a launch event. Located on famous The Mall - the road leading up to The Buckingham Palance, this gallery is an absolutely fabulous place to visit on your day out in London. With an open space surrounded by wonderful paintings by living artists, I would throughly recommend it!

Visited April 2014

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Built confidence ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited the exhibition of land and light as it had been recommended to us. I am not someone who normally goes to galleries and I thought it would be full up of pretentious people but I was certainly wrong. I thought the atmosphere was very relaxing and it wasn't too crowded. There was plenty of time to take in any of the pictures and I found it overall very interesting. The fact it was free was even better and for our day out in London I thought this was 45 minutes well spent! It is tucked away as you walk up the mall Only five minutes away from Trafalgar Square.

1 Thank Steve F
Amersham, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A welcome relief after the hustle and bustle of Trafalgar Square”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stumbled across this small gallery as a welcome relief after the hustle and bustle around Trafalgar Square. The current exhibitions were interesting and a strong contrast to the traditional paintings we had just seen in the National Gallery. The 'Little Gems' may not be accessible in price on my budget, but I selected some very affordable artcards to take home. We will certainly visit again when we are in London.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“best deal in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Become a member and every exhibition is free and they have a lot of very good exhibitions. Very good mix at each one of traditional painting through to modern approaches. The standard is very good and at many members of the public can submit. The little cafe has very good coffee, sandwiches and cakes at reasonable prices plus a discount if you are a member. A really nice way to spend an hour or two in London.

Visited November 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“A bright, user-friendly gallery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Although keen watercolourists we had never visited the annual RI exhibition in London until now. I suppose we had preconceptions of London galleries as being stuffy and old-fashioned but found the Mall Galleries bright, airy and spacious, with plenty of room to admire the paintings from close up or further away.
The bar/cafe was in the main viewing area which seemed a good idea, and the shop held many items pertinent to the exhibition and some not seen before.

Visited April 2013