“great show”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great show”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a great time at this show, two adults lol. All the cast were great, things moving on the stage etc. Like others have said in their review trunchball was great, hilarious and scary at the same time. The only reason I gave it four instead of five was nothing to do with show it was the theatre was exceptionally hot. It was so uncomfortable that I was glad to get out. I don't think it was just me who felt it. Yes it wasn't a replica of the film but I didn't expect that. Probably better if you know the story.

• Greek first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“One of the best!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This has got to be one of the best musicals I have watched. I went with my husband (no children) and we thought it was fantastic. The acting was excellent in particular by Miss Trunchbull and all the children and we thoroughly enjoyed most of the songs, many of which were very catchy. For me what drew this apart from other musicals I've watch was how many hilarious moments there was. I don't think I have ever laughed as hard at any other musical. A fabulous night!

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great production values”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Loved the staging of this, and the music, the only thing that let it down in my mind was the fact that it didn't really take advantage of the best bit of the book: where Matilda moves things with her eyes. That said, I feel bad downgrading a production because it doesn't follow the book! So in summary it's a good production, just don't expect it to follow the book in terms of plot.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Perfect even if you don't like musicals!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is one of the most professional shows I have ever seen and one of the best musicals ever. Our grandchildren (aged 9) loved it as did the parents and - the grandparents! Best to know the story before going and the music is available on CD.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very cute!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our visit to Matilda the Musical. Very cleverly told and some great musical numbers. The child cast were brilliant, very energetic and for the most part, outshone the adult actors, however the absolute star of the show was Alex Gaumond as Miss Trunchbull. Hilariously performed and with a fantastic musical number- stole every scene he was in! Not as many powerful musical numbers as some of the other West End favorites but thoroughly enjoyable experience. Would recommend for children!