“Matilda the musical London”

Matilda the Musical
Ranked #10 of 344 Concerts & Shows in London
Warwick, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Matilda the musical London”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Firstly I doubt anyone will take any notice of me as this show has absolute rave reviews. Maybe it was me but I have seen loads of shows and musicals in London, regional and on broadway and I can honestly say this is the most awful thing I have ever seen. I am a massive fan of Roald Dahl and so is my 7 year old daughter. I booked the tickets months in advance and we went at Easter, wednesday matinee.
I also love the Matilda film. I had bought the soundtrack to get used to the music but I could not getthis music to grow on me. Firstly I do not like the Cambridge Theatre. It is so souless and un attractive. the set was ok, and we actually saw 3 understudies. Found it boring and long and drawn out and seemed to fade away from the book. Mr Worwood was absolutely awful and thought it was very poor. The Bruce Bogtrotter scene with the cake was poor and our Miss Trunchbull was awful. not at all scary!!! The children were good and the only time it did liven up was the end when the cast performed the musical number ''When I Grow [the the show] only descent song inI cannot understand why it has so many great reviews, and also when we came out other people were saying the same were as me. Felt very deflated and tickets were not cheap. Very lack lustre and very boring.
Would not go to see this again even if I was given the tickets. Don't like to write bad reviews but this is the way I feel. Sorry.
Do not let me put you off. We all have our own opinion.

Visited March 2013

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Sensational musical”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was taken to see this musical on my birthday. It was fantastic , and all the actors,mainly children were incredible. The R.S.C really know how to produce an excellent performance!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kay T
Fencehouses, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent show”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Took my daughter to her first show to see Matilda and it was fantastic, definitely worth seeing not just for children for adults as well! Excellent choreography and a very very talented cast. Staff at theatre very friendly

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Craigy1985
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“It Was Fantastic”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Myself and my 6 year old daughter Isabella went and we thought it was amazing in fact I would love to go again. Great music, great story and some great laughter moments.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nicola P
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing evening with a friend”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Original, full of love and joy. Wonderful performance done by children. Places not very good. We paid a lot for very bad tickets bought at piccadilly circus. Be careful when you buy tickets

Visited February 2013