Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $118.40
from $81.60
from $119.70
4,378 results
All reviews tim minchin miss trunchbull roald dahl cambridge theatre miss honey child actors upper circle all ages west end set design stole the show great songs children and adults special effects small theatre whole family great cast
Reviewed 3 days ago

This show is just so awesome! we loved every minute. Olivia Wells as Matilda was quite simply amazing, I was awestruck, seriously! How does someone so young have so much talent? All of the children in the show, stole the show - such consummate professionals staying in character the whole time.

The entire cast were awesome, the children just stood out so much. Would go again in an instant. Go and see this show, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We loved this! Probably one of the best productions we have ever seen. We had seen Matilda in Melbourne, Australia previously (which we enjoyed) but the London production was even better. This is an absolute must see, and very suitable for school aged children as well.

2  Thank HydroStormer
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I really can’t believe the review a couple below mine regarding matinee performance Wednesday 07/11 - were we really at the same show!!!!!!!!!! Matilda was absolutely fantastic.

My daughter has been wanting to see Matilda for years so I took her for a 18th Birthday treat from start to finish the show was amazing.

We were in Stalls - Row A which is touching distance of the stage which was ok as the stage is quite low.

Everyone involved in the show gave 100% including all the young stars they were brilliant especially the young girl playing Malitda.

The amount of work and time that must have gone into producing Matilda must be endless.

Brilliant acting and singing from all with audience full of laughter and excitement including the rows and rows of school children behind us laughing and quietly singing all the way through.

A must see show.

2  Thank Boultzz
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was a lovely performance and the kids were great, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as other musicals I’ve seen. The singing is very loud and hence sometimes incomprehensible which was a shame. This was one time that seats close to the stage were not a bonus! The young actors are really good and Miss Trunchbowl was brilliant, but for me it was not one for couples.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Firstly I will start with saying the review underneath mine is mental!! I was at the same performance, and to say the audience seemed flat and there was no laughter is a genuine lie. Any way, After a hectic journey into London and feeling pretty stressed, this show put a smile right back onto my face. Ever since I heard Tim Minchin had written the songs for this show I knew I had to see it, the man is a musical genius, and boy did that shine through. Every song is written and composed fantastically, from the smaller subtle numbers to the big showstopper songs, each one is musically and lyrically brilliant. One song in which Miss honey is singing about her house was very reminiscent of one of my favorite Tim Minchin songs "Not perfect". The production value and the sets were all a treat for the eye, each scene transitioning seamlessly to the next. The band were great and the acoustics very god indeed. Finally to the performers themselves. Every individual and character brought something to the enjoyment of the show. All the dance routines and were done to perfection, the signing sounded great and most of all the energy and enthusiasm they all brought forward was great too see. Vocally the Actress playing Miss honey and the gentleman playing her father were particularly good and powerful. Trunchball was very funny and very well played as were Matilda's family and her school friends. Finally a big mention to the young actress playing Matilda, I believe her name is Francesca Mckeown. Genuinely she Is a little star. She played Matilda so well, her performance was so powerful she genuinely moved me and my wife on a couple of occasions, the show is actually quite moving which I didn't expect. her performance reminded me of when you watch a film and an actor or actress is so good in it that you look forward to them been back on screen, and every time they are you cant take your eyes off of them, every time she was on stage she commanded your attention and to be able to do that at such a young age is mightily impressive. So what else can I say, go see the show.

1  Thank LeeG905
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was bitterly disappointed by our Wednesday matinee show. I loved the book and movie, and am ordinarily a huge Tim Minchin fan. However, the stage production in no way lived up to the hype. You could tell I was not alone in the theater, there was very little laughter. This is significant considering half the audience consisted of primary school children on field trip, all of whom showed quite little excitement, letting me know it wasn't just that I was an adult.

The problems with the show were as follows: 1. No memorable music. The score was bland and the lyrics garbled by poor sound (I had good seats so that's saying a lot). 2. Overacting. With the exception of Trunchbull (incredible) and the plucky little Matilda, the leads over acted within an inch of their lives. The actor who played Mr wormwood practically writhed with every line he spoke. It felt amateur. 3. They made significant changes to the story. Matilda does not play many pranks, which is I think the best parts of the book, and thode pranks left in are brief, and her special powers all but absent. Instead, the narrative revolves around her telling stories in the library...it is dull and a sad departure. On the bright side, Trunchbull is an absolute hoot, and the set is quite beautiful. I still think not worth the ticket sadly.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took our 9 year old niece who was visiting London to the show and really enjoyed it - adults as well. The only down side was we were very far away from stage owing to the late booking we made. Having said that all was solved by hiring the binoculars.

Really enjoyable show. Would recommend.

1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my daughter to see this production as she loved the book and film. The play is based around the book but there was very little reference to Matilda's magic. I would have liked to have seen more reference to her powers and how they developed. The performers were all fantastic and the music was great. The children all excelled and if I had just one small criticism, they just need to tone down the over pronunciation of words as it was a bit forced at times. I am sure though that all the children will have incredible careers on the stage.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Amazing performance. Congratulations to the entire team! The plot was fabulous, the scenery and costumes were well made. The actors were very talented!!!! A pleasant surprise.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have wanted to see Matilda since it came out and finally got reasonably priced tickets for the Saturday matinee. We were sat on the back row of the first tier. The speakers weren't that loud as we could hear the children in the audience over the talking. But the show itself is really good, the songs are good, the actors are really talented. It is a little dark for younger children and at one point there was a really loud bang and flash which did scare some of the children which is worth baring in mind. But definitely worth a visit!