“Magical Matilda”

55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Magical Matilda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Not just for children...the musical is fun for everyone. The staging and story are memorable. We were able to get more than 50% discount matinee tics the day of the performance at the box office.
I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it as much paying 82£ per tic.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great for all the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wasnt sure about this show as was taken as a surprise.....thought it could just be a kids show but how wrong I was......fine for the little ones though some were getting a bit fidgity....but magnificent show and perfect for the whole family..

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“A fine adaptation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had tickets for the Saturday evening show as my Christmas present as I was very keen on seeing this as the film and book are one of my favourites from childhood. I didn't however expect its transition to a musical to be quite so good. The music by Tim Minchin was fantastic and really suited the story well. Our seats were on the upper circle and I was very impressed with the view - I was expecting to have some parts of the stage not viewable, but this was not the case.
All of the acting and singing was fantastic, and the girl playing Matilda herself was superb. I especially enjoyed the extra part added where she is telling the librarian the story about Miss Honey. Also special praise goes to the librarian who was exceptionally funny and to Miss Trunchbull who made me howl with laughter - fantastic!
Overall I was extremely impressed by this show and if I could, I'd love to see it again. Funny, light hearted, well spirited and truly a great event for everyone of any age!

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A fun afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Full of action and fun and enjoyed by all. really worth a visit. You will leave feeling happy. It is a must for adults and children, great sets.

HK
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Excellent show!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We took our 7yr old twins to the matinee showing. Middle of the stalls on the left section so we had a good view. Great stage setting which had the kids talking and engaged straight away. The performance was fantastic - the kids loved every minute of it and the fact that the star is a 10yr old girl as are the other children in the show captivated the kids. Music and story was great and enough light-hearted bits to soften some of the more serious elements to the story.