“Turkish restaurant in Green Lanes”
Review of Hala

Hala
Ranked #369 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Unassuming restaurant in Green Lanes. Food is good value, lamb dishes perfectly cooked and good selection of vegetarian dishes. Large portions, watch "green pepper", it's a synonym for chillies.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Living in the neighbourhood, I've sampled a broad range of the Turkish restaurants in the area, and Hala is the one I repeatedly go back to, for not only their consistently delicious food, from the fresh salads, flavoursome soups to their succulent shish, but the friendly waiters and cooks, who do a fantastic job accommodating diners, coming swiftly with bread at the start of the meal, to tea at the end. In my opinion the best food on the block. They also do excellent takeaway.

3  Thank Vidrageon
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very nice people and really nice food specially "Manti" and the their lamb soup. and above all good value. We drive to it from west london to north london because it's the best in the whole of London.Love it.

2  Thank HOsta3
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We ate here as a mixed group of meat eaters and vegtarians With a range of ages. The food was all fresh ,tasty and large portions in a clean and pleasant atmosphere.We bought our own birthday cake with us and the staff were more than happy to bring the "surprise" to our table . I would say this has now become my favorite turkish restaurent in London. Great atmosphere and staff.

1  Thank ginger748
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Met up with some friends, who I met on holiday in Turkey here, on Sunday 28th October. It was a cold, bitter afternoon, and first impressions were cleanliness, warmth and a relaxed family atmosphere. The food smelt heavenly, and when I told the waiter we'd all come a long way, he seemed pleased and was very helpgful in explaining the menu to us. We were invited to select our choice of turkish stews, and side dishes from the heated cabinets by the entrance. I chose baked aubergine, lamd and vegetables, 2 types of turkish rice, salad and flatbread. My friends had the chicken and vegetables, chicken shish, and one had the mixed kebab. We were served with our drinks, shortly followed by freshly baked flatbreads, and a chilli spread. Starters of felafel, hummus, halloumi cheese on salad, were served up to my friends, (I skipped the starter) and our main courses were promptly served after. The food was lush! fresh ingredients, freshly cooked. Looking around the restaurant, it was busy, and everyone seemed to be really enjoying the food. Afterward, we were offered tea, and when I asked for a dessert menu, they said they didnt have any, but offered, some pudding they had made for themselves. It was sutlu borek, and even though it wasent as good as our meals, was, I thought a nice touch. Would definately return.