“Hotpot terrible”

Little Sichuan
Ranked #4,190 of 28,484 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 20, 2019

Booked a table for 4 people via phone and they didn't even ask for our name for the booking and hung up.
When arrived we got the Hotpot (online it says it was £19.80 per person for dinner but turns out it was actually £21 something per person) and was a little confused as to why the lady serving us asked what we didn't want in our hotpot and it turns out that we got EVERY INGREDIENT that was on the menu and we were not allowed to order more or what we actually want unless we finished it all.

Our sliced beef and sliced lamb was served frozen like it was straight from the freezer as it was still pretty hard and had frosting over it. There was no any type of sauce selection at all and the only thing they bring out for dipping sauces is peanut sauce and you have to ask for chilli oil separately.

Overall, I recommend not coming here for the hotpot as their quality is very poor and you're limited to the selection that they offer unless you force yourself to eat what you don't want since they bring it all out for you anyways.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (124)

Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

It didn’t start particularly well. The manager whilst taking another diner’s order upon my arrival rather gracelessly pointed to the table I could sit at. I admit I didn’t choose well. Confronted by a long list of lunch specials either already including rice or noodles but which looked a bit bland plus tea for £7.99 and a huge a la carte complete with pictures I plumped for the a la carte starting with a hot and sour soup then choosing a pork and vegetable stew which I assumed needed some rice. The hot and sour soup came in a larger than expected bowl but apart from some small indistinct stringy bits of meat comprised, I think, tofu, mushroom and carrot. A smaller bowl with the odd shrimp would have been so much better. The pork stew turned out to comprise the occasional piece of pork embedded in noodles thus rendering my rice entirely redundant. The rest comprising mainly large potato wedges and courgettes resembled not so much a Sichuan but a Lancashire hot pot.

1  Thank futtock21
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Very basic set up but massive menu with a lot of stews,hot pots & chilli dishes on top of regular chineese dishes. Some dishes might seem expensive but probably enough for 3/.

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Got the mapo tofu and lettuce, was super good! The customer service is also really good, had a great time here :)

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Went with 3 other friends for our fill of Szechuan food; it was very tasty and perfect for people who crave spicy food. Would come again!