“Okay for a one night stay”
Review of Kent Hall Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kent Hall Hotel
Ranked #840 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Birmingham
“Okay for a one night stay”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night when we went to a gig at Finsbury Park as it was the cheapest available place we could get at that time. A double room with private shower and w.c cost us £35 each including breakfast.

Because we were only looking for a place to sleep after the gig and then hop on the train home after breakfast, we didn't use the shower, tea making facilities or bother with the WiFi. Pillows were a bit thin, but the room was clean and there's a hot breakfast of eggs, baked beans and toast available.

If you're only planning on staying around Finsbury Park for one night, it's doable. If you prefer a longer and more comfortable stay, you might be better off checking availability at other hotels around the area, especially when there are some who charge roughly the same amount for the room and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were just looking for a place to sleep since we'd be out and about in London all day. And for that purpose, this hotel did the job fairly decently. Breakfast was simple but good, the ladies who make your eggs are so nice to see every morning. The shower is a bit tricky at first but don't give up, there IS hot water. There is also free wifi but just ask the front desk for the password. The only main problem was the thin walls (one night we had a couple next door and let's just say, can you feel the love tonight? because we can hear it) but if you just turn up your t.v. for a bit, they get the idea. It is very close to the Manor House tube station that will take you directly to Piccadilly, Hyde Park, etc. so that was very convenient. Overall, if I go back to London, I would stay here again because where else are you going to find a price like this at a pretty decent hotel? As an extra unexpected bonus, Arctic Monkeys were playing at Finsbury Park, right across the hotel, so if you opened your hotel bedroom window you got a free concert :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Don't be fooled by the pictures on the site. I am writing this review totally shattered after driving down at 5.30 this morning and doing a days physical graft till 8.30 p.m. Desperate for a room I searched the web for a local b&b and found this place 5minutes down the road hence the 5 for location.
The charge is £50 a room ( advert said £25 per person to make it sound better ) I have posted pics for the first time as this was the best of two rooms they offered me after I refused to sleep in the first room due to finding four pieces of dried chuddy gum stuck on the head board next to the pillow to name but one issue.
In all seriousness if I wasn't so tired I would go. I understand what a budget room is but this goes beyond that especially at £50.
I had to ask for a kettle which arrived with sachets of coffee (lovely kardomah Mmm!!) and four tea bags but surprise surprise only three milk pots so you can only have one cup of whatever. The kettle itself seems to have forgotten how to turn itself off after spitting out boiling water over the tray. The bed next to mine is now a coffee table as I have no where to put my cup next to my bed and the floor is that grubby even my slippers are trying to jump onto the bed.
I am son of an ex forces and was bought up to make the most of any situaution. The best of this situation is that I am out of here in the morning.
The free wifi is not made available, unless you ask, as there is no info in the rooms which would be easier. (I am tethering through my phone ) The t.v remote doesn't resemble the faded picture on the wall which gives instruction on how to operate the t.v.
Someone has kindly left me some shower gel from their visit (obviously felt sorry for the next guest) and yes once again a lovely piece of chuddy for the morning left on my headboard......
The hot water tap dribbles out its water until you actually lift the top section in order to force the valve to give up its treasure. I wouldn't bother with the shower.
The list could go on..all I can say is I am glad I bought my sleeping bag and tomorrow night my van and a wash in Macy's will be a better option.

Room Tip: Go Somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GeoffLevett, Manager at Kent Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
It's not often that I respond to reviews, positive or negative. Not because I don't care about the views of our customers but rather because I think that websites like this are for the public to talk to one another. However, there are a couple of things that I'm reluctant to let go in this review.

But firstly I want to say that with regard to cleanliness I am very sorry if this was found wanting by this customer on this occasion. For that I apologise.

The charge for a single room is 50 pounds per night. Categorically I can state that nowhere in our advertising do we say that we have a single room rate of 25 pounds. Nowhere.

Secondly, our wi-fi is free. And available all the time to all customers.

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Torfaen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hotels in a great location right by Manor House tube station, a bus stop right outside and opposite the lovely Finsbury park. Rooms where as shown on the pictures they could do with a good clean tho as there were some question marks/stuff on the walls. Also another thing i did not realise is that you have to hire hairdryers etc which was £15 refundable when you return it, which isn't a problem but could have been in you don't carry cash on you. Breakfast was included in the price which was nice. Overall it was ok, not a hotel of luxury but good place if you going to be out most they day and just want somewhere to sleep which is all we needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica_DSC
London
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had to stay somewhere for one night near my friend's house we looked for many places, which, were below standard- and overpriced until we came across this hotel. It is quite well located very close to various transport links: buses and underground Piccadilly line.
A member of staff at the reception was very welcoming- we arrived quite late at around 9pm. The experience was very good indeed! The room was very clean and very suitable for what I needed- there is even a fridge in the room. I asked for a cup of tea and the young man from the reception immediately brought me a tray with a kettle and tea bags.
The breakfast is basic and the service if you are in hurry I warn you - it is very slow, so it was not a memorable experience! Overall it is a good, simple and a safe place to stay with a reasonable price range. I recommend it to anyone who is visiting London.

Room Tip: If you are in a hurry the breakfast service is very slow, so bear in mind...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We needed somewhere in this area and everywhere was either booked up or extortionately overpriced ( a very busy weekend for London). So we stayed here for 1 night and 1 night was enough.
We have stayed in hotels around London for only 3 to 10 pounds more but the standard of those hotels leaves this one in the shade.
Reception area was dated, run down, with notices displayed written on pieces of paper, no professional looking stationary. The carpets we saw on the stairs were well worn and stained so giving a feeling of being in a neglected hotel. But to be fair it was tidy and had been hoovered.
The bedrooms are large, clean and functional. Beds have mattress protectors and have blankets instead of duvets. There was a large fridge, TV, wardrode and small table. All were clean but were dated.Bathroom is in the same state, clean,functional but don't look to hard.
In our sink we had one new tap and the other was missing its top and covered in limescale, but they worked lol
Breakfast was included which was ok...it seemed more like a canteen, you ordered your food at the counter then collected it when it was ready. Cold drinks were served in think plastic cups and coffee/tea was in clean pot cups/ small mugs.
The positive thing for this hotel was free parking, proximity to the tube station and the friendly and very professional staff. They were very polite and informative and couldn't praise them enough.
Overall we wouldn't recommend this hotel as we felt it was more a hostel than hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
lagos, nigeria
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed in Kenthall hotel frm 24th to 29th Oct, 2013 and d experience was simply beautiful. Though not a 5 or 7 star hotel, in my opinion, it offers jst what any traveller wld want in a busy place like London. Quiet, neat, nice location. The staff are so warm and friendly and d breakfast was not bad at all. I definitely will stay there again and again.

• Stayed October 2013