“Close to everything...”

Ranked #837 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Mandurah
“Close to everything...”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. Waling distance from Paddington Station and Heathrow Express. The stand out feature was the staff in the breakfast room. Very friendly and helpful and provided excellent service. 4 sharing a room so not much room to move but was adequate. Terrible smell in the bathroom which we should have complained about but just didn;t get around to as we really only slept in the room being out all day. Great area with lots going on and with daylight saving there were always lots of people around of every nationality, and we felt very safe being out late in the evening. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a nice comment. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Stoke on trent
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was perfect for the location super easy to get to from the underground,
We struggled to find the hotel as we drove past it about 5xs untill we asked someone lol small mistake but the hotel is called a different name to what we booked it.

Very small dated bedrooms but it is expected in London, But not as small as i excpected i even bashed my head on the shelf.
Breakfast in minimum.

But overall good stay with no other hassle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment.
Our Hotel is located just two minutes walk from Paddington station. There is easy way to get to Westpoint Hotel. When you leave Paddington Station you need to go all the way down through the London Street and we are located on the right hand side. What is more there is great inscription on our building which shows clearly the name of our Hotel - Abbey Court and Westpoint Hotel. This is a Victorian building in Central London, our bedrooms have recently been refurbished to a very good standards. We offer different room types therefore when a guest is not happy with the room allocated can contact reception and ask to have another room or ask for an upgrade for which we will be happy to do so if possible at the time or the next day. If there is any issues during your stay in our Hotel please do not hesitate to contact with any member of staff. Our friendly receptionists are always ready to help you.
Vale of Glamorgan
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend break in one of the compact double rooms on the 4th floor. The room was indeed compact, with not a huge amount of space, as was the ensuite shower room. However it was clean and very comfortable and its close proximity to Paddington station (less than 5 mins walk) made it ideal for our purposes. There are a good many bars/cafes/restaurants all within a stone's throw, of many different types with varying degrees of 'priciness' so you're bound to find something to suit your taste and pocket.
The breakfast was your bog standard hotel buffet, nothing fantastic but perfectly adequate and staff were all pleasant and obliging so I would certainly consider coming back here. If youre looking for a 'special occasion, luxury hotel' this is not for you but would thoroughly recommend for a clean, comfortable base from which to explore London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are pleased you have enjoyed. We offer a variety of good quality food in our breakfast. Our staff is friendly, professional, and always ready to help our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my recent visit to London. It had nice facilities, was very close to Paddington Station thus easy access to the underground, buses, trains, and Heathrow express. The rooms were a bit small, but I guess that it to be expected. Overall, I had an enjoyable stay, but had an issue with a staff person and the toilet in my room. When I arrived, I experienced issues in flushing the toilet in my room. I told the front desk and they said they would have someone come and look at it. When I got back later in the afternoon, no one had been there. So I went back to the front desk and told the new person about my issue, they said to hold it down longer, so I did and it worked, however, the water kept running the in back of the toilet when it should stop once full. I mentioned this to the guy at the front and he didn't seemed bothered by it, he said it would just stop. I told him it likely wouldn't since it should have stopped once full. He said he would leave a note and someone would come look at it in the morning. It never stopped and was loud and running all night and made it hard to sleep. At 1am, I received a call from the front desk saying sorry to disturb, but they had to enter my room as water was leaking downstairs and they think it's coming from my room. I explained what had happened earlier in the day, he said no note was left, but there was a guy here to fix it now, and he did it in about 5 minutes. Now wouldn't it have been much easier to call a guy at 8pm to fix it, instead of 1am - especially when multiple guests were bothered by this event. If it wasn't for the night shift front desk guy, Sylvio, who was super nice and friendly, I was seriously considering finding a new place to stay. When I saw the guy the next day, he made no acknowledgement of his mistake even though I knew he knew what had happened the night before. What bothers me more is not the incident with the toilet, but the lack of service and poor attitude from this guy. The rest of my stay was fine and uneventful although sometimes I felt like when I asked questions to those at the front desk, it was like I was bothering them and they weren't very friendly at times. Also, they have two computers with free access to the internet, however, one was broken for my whole visit and you had to also ask at the front desk to activate them each time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Janice J
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.
We do appreciate your custom and happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
All our staff is trained to respond immediately to guest reports of any incidents and the maintenance team is available from 8am to 5.30pm, any faults or damages reported during these hours are promptly dealt with however sometimes we have to rely on third party suppliers to have some jobs completed.
It is a very rare event having to disturb guests at that time of the night however and unfortunately in an emergency we have no other option but to alert and possibly disturb the guests in order to deal with the situation, we do not have a resident maintenance person and although reception staff is trained to deal with minor incidents they have to call the specialist/engineer and when this happens there is normally a waiting time.
It is most surprising that you had encountered a bad experience with the reception staff as they all are very friendly as confirmed by guest feedback on staff however we do apologise if there was any misunderstanding with any of our staff. We do listen and value our guest feedback and are continuously working hard on improving our customer care service. We are here to help at anytime.
Your stay with us is of most importance and we look forward to have you accommodate with us again in the near future for a much better experience.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My best friend & I booked this hotel for our recent overnight stay in London because of its excellent price..& we were very pleased. Excellent location for paddington station & for shopping. The room was a bit small (we wondered if they put us in a smaller room because we had a discount voucher so got the room cheaper??) but plenty good enough for our 1 night stay. It had twin beds (which seem in short supply in London hotels unless paying a fortune) which we needed, a tv, a kettle & tea & coffee & a en-suite shower & toilet (which was a bit small) but all were very clean & tidy. The beds were lovely & comfortable..& I am very fussy when it comes to my bed! The breakfast was nice, though they did run out of cooked bacon after us but that didn't both me, but found enough for me to eat. The staff were very friendly & helpful. They have a luggage room for hotel guest which is a godsend, if like us, you don't want to tow a suitcase around with you all day, but it is a 'very small' room which was packed with other suitcases when we wanted to use it! Would I go back: yes but if I could have a bigger room especially if I was with my family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive comment. Our staff is indeed very cordial, friendly and always willing to help any guest. The discount voucher would not make a difference however, we have rooms of various sizes available at different prices, please enquire for your next visit. We will try to help you in the best way. We are glad that you have enjoyed our breakfast. We offer a variety of good quality food. The luggage room is a free service we offer to guests wanting to leave their luggage for a few hours. We hope to see you at our hotel again. Thank you
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at the Westpoint Hotel for three nights beginning June 14th thru to June 16th. Although the room was a bit small it was comfortable. The staff were very helpful & friendly. The price was reasonable. The hotel is close to Paddington Station, Marble Arch, Oxford Street & Hyde Park. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are pleased you liked our hotel and especially our staff. We always try to be friendly and helpful with all our customers. We take this opportunity to inform you that we have rooms of various sizes available at different prices, please enquire for your next visit. Our hotel is well located, right in the centre of London, close to Hyde Park, Oxford Circus, and well served in restaurants and other shops. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel. Thank you.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The biggest mishap was when we arrived to be told our apartment was not available and were would be given a triple room newly renovated to make up for the double booking with breakfast included. We were in shock as we were set on a kitchen to prepare my gluten free meals for four days without having to be worried about eating out. We tried to be nice but they could not seem to understand why I wanted a kitchen. However what do you do? We have learnt o try and turn a negative issue around to a positive one!!!! The room was smallish but we could use the single bed to place our suitcases on which was great. Bathroom excellent with plenty of hot water.
Bed a little hard but much better than too soft! No safe but the reception looked after our needs there. Luggage room worried me. They give the key to you to place your suitcases in there. I could have easily walked out with any bodies belongings. The hotel keeps saying they are not responsible but what happened to duty of care!!! The same in the rooms no responsibility if anything is lost. I would definitely stay again but CONFIRM my apartment the day before. Value for money in London.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aussierob43
Westpoint1, Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We do appreciate your review. Unfortunately and due to the nature of our business incidents of overbookings can eventually happen despite our efforts to avoid them, we are aware of the inconveniences this cause to our valued guests and to ourselves, our apologies. Our breakfast offers a variety of good quality food, regrettably we do not provide gluten free products but our restaurant team is always willing to help guest with special requests whenever possible. The luggage room is a free service we offer to guests wanting to leave their luggage for a few hours, although is our responsibility to look after the luggage room we inform guests that we do not record any items left at the luggage room however we do advise to leave valuables at reception in a recorded safe. Your custom is of high value to us and we look forward to accommodate you again in the near future assuring you a much better experience.