All reviews paddington tube station close to hyde park oxford street tea and coffee pubs
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great hotel to stay in - I use the hotel as my base whenever I come down to London and I have always found the staff extremely helpful and the rooms comfortable. The location is brilliant as I can get to Paddington quickly. For the price it provides excellent value.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Sandy J
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing a comment and it’s a pleasure for us to having regular guests staying with us.
Hope to seeing you soon again

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Close by Paddington Station, was very handy to catch trains to Manchester, Bath and Windsor Castle. We often started our day with a stroll through Hyde Park ending up in Oxford Street. Room was good size with comfortable beds and nice bathroom. Only dislike was the heating was turned up too high and was not readily adjustable. Front desk service was warm and helpful. A special mention to Sala who made our stay more enjoyable with his warm conversations and assisting us with any questions re getting around London. Breaklfast staff were also warm and friendly.We stayed 16 nights and have nothing but fond and pleasant memories of our stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DandBAustralia

Dear guest,

We appreciate your positive comment and are delighted that you had a long enjoyable stay in WestPoint Hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you in the future

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Perfect location, just around the corner is Paddington train station and tube, neighborhood is full with restaurants, pubs, newsagent and coffee shops...even taxi is not much, just 8 pounds to get you to Oxford Circus. Rooms and the hotel very clean, for a 3 star hotel and the money we paid for double room with breakfast, 5 nights, we just couldnt ask for more. Perhaps for a smile from the reception staff:) Breakfast was ok...very simple.... not a sign of english breakfast if someone would like. All in all, we recommend this hotel for a city break in London, you wont regret:)

Room tip: we had room on second floor facing the main road, perhaps for someone else the busy noisy street would be a problem, but for us is ok...so if you mind that, ask for the another side room, but 2nd floor is good.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarisNino
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Nothing they did wrong and you get what you pay for. Very small rooms and we were unfortunate enough to have a room next to the lift. The coridoors carry noise and I am a very heavy sleeper, I believe if u are tired u will sleep no matter how loud the noise but from 7am here it gets very bangy and chatty which makes it hard to sleep but it is an old building. Bathrooms are also very small but the staff are friendly enough and the location is fine. It's very clean although somewhat dated. I wouldn't not stay here again but I also wouldn't rush to come back.

2  Thank chrisspeight
Westpoint1, Guest Relations Manager at Westpoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for leaving a comment. There are slightly different sizes of the rooms, some are bigger and some smaller. This is a Victorian building in Central London and the rooms vary in sizes. We have options with different room sizes and guests can choose to upgrade their accomodation subject to availability. Please enquire for your next visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed for two nights beginning of January with my boyfriend and on arrival we were greeted fairly well by who i can only assume is the manager. The reception was lovely and modern so we were excited to see the room, though once we got up there we noticed several things. Firstly we were placed directly next to the lift, in fact, the lift was partly built into our room (room 54) so ALL night we were kept awake by people going up and down and having loud chats right outside our room. Second the room was nothing like shown on booking.com. It was tiny, im a small person but couldnt move around in the bathroom without hitting myself on the walls or the sink. The hairdryer didn't work (which i didn't realise until i went to use it in the morning) and this for me was the push i needed to go and say something. After our first night i went to reception and complained (the manager was unavailable) so a young man dealt with me. I asked to be moved rooms which thankfully was done without any quibble. A young woman seemed to think i was lying about the fact my room was next to a lift though and clearly said 'room 54 is nowhere near a lift' right in front of me. Very rude! Our second room (28) was much more modern (although still small) but more what we expected. Im shocked that this hotel would even put people in the type of rooms we were in, and at £184 for 2 nights we expected much more. I also asked for a refund on the first nights stay, to which i was told only the manager could approve. I work at a hotel myself and i know that this is sometimes the case, so i figured id call back another time or send an email. when i got home i sent an email and after 4 days had no reply, so i phoned and asked to speak to the manager who once again was unavailable. I was told to send the email again and that the lady on the phone would be sure to tell the manager it was priority. I sent the email again and a week later i still havent received a reply! The manager of this hotel is arrogant and rude and obviously doesn't care about customer satisfaction so long as the guest has already paid. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone purely on the fact that if you are unfortunate enough to be given a horrible room, they wont do much to help you. I booked through booking.com and have contacted them and even they have said they havent been able to get a reply from the hotel. It's not often that i feel i need to express all this in a review, im usually very fair, but the lack of customer care from this hotel is dreadful.

Room tip: 28 is average. NOT 54!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple