“A jolly nice stay”
Review of Monopole Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Monopole Hotel
Ranked #140 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have just spent a week at The Monopole, and it was all in all a very nice experience. As said in other reviews here, the hotel isn't new or flashy, it's a bit worn all right, but in my opinion that's actually a plus in my book. Makes it cosier.
The rooms are clean and of a modest size. My bed was excellent, I think my bathroom was one of the bigger ones (no shower curtains, for some reason). Nice view out of tall french windows, with tiny balcony outside. Protein rich breakfast, but after a week you get a bit tired of bacon and eggs, and toast on the side c¨,)
My room was to the street, and there is some noise from the traffic, esp. busses, but come on, this is London!
But what really made the stay worthwhile was the staff, Dimitris and Paulo, two of the nicest guys I've ever met. They cared, and that's pretty rare these days!

Room Tip: I stayed in room no. 7, and I wouldn't hesitate to ask for that room again.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

2 underground stations and a Barclay bikerent station http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/14808.aspx around the corner(greet system by the way, good alternative for public transport). the rooms are basic and clean but look a bit run down. The staff is very friendly and helpfull

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

On the last weekend I and my family visited London, once again.
As usual we were installed in the Monopole Hotel.
This bed and breakfast has a good location in a quiet place with a good price for the London standarts.Yes, the rooms are small, especially bathrooms, the breakfast isn´t a real "full english breakfast", but for the price and location the Monopole is the best place you can find.
As a novelty compared to other my previous stays, there is now available a Wifi network that works well and completely free of charge.
If you are not very demanding, and if you use the hotel just for sleep, the Monopole is a good choice for accommodation in London.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

... but small rooms, especially bathrooms. No soaps, no shampoos etc. No glasses, no plates in the room. Wifi is well and free. Also tv - free of charge.

Hotel serve "typical English breakfast": toasts, 2 eggs and piece of bacon. But it's a good price for a room. Towels are change every day, also room was vacuum every day - but please don't check under the bed. I did - and found napkins and one sandal.

Hotel is c.a. 25 minutes walking distance to Exhibition Road (via Hyde Park) and great connection (via bus 27 or tube) to Camden and many other places. If you don't expect anything else from a hotel then small room with bathroom to sleep for a small price - it's a place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajotka07
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We loved here very much, the place was clean and the breakfast was always freshy done and we where always asked if we wanted more. Beds were always done everyday, showers were cleaned every day and noise was minimum. For the problem in the shower floor we just asked for more towels which where glady given and we just used them.
The location is great for the train station, we stayed 2 weeks and used the train statione veryday it was fast and we had the opertunity to go everywhere.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
We simply loved it :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Here are the plusses: close to Paddington Station, friendly staff, our belongings were safe,okay breakfasts, low price.
Negatives: bad beds. bad pillows, no shower door so the floor gets wet, no washcloths, no soap or toiletries, internet would only work in the stairway. A lot of restaurants in the area cater to the Hookah smoking crowd.Worn out and tired looking place.

Room Tip: I dont think there is a good room here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank karenapeterson
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Spent 2 nights here and was just what I wanted, Great location (5mins walk from tube) with good range of places to eat nearby. Hotel was clean and tidy, with comfortable beds and good showers. Breakfast was good (eggs, bacon, tea and toast) and was just enough to set you up for the day. Perhaps the best part were the friendly hosts - I would have no problem with staying there on my own for a future trip (of which I think there will be a few!)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family