Crestfield Hotel
$183
$363
$278
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$129
$122
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$158
$1,063
$843
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewskings crossst pancrashard boiled eggsbudget hotelwet roomheavy luggagetea and coffeetrain stationrooms are smallbed was comfortableshort staybreakfast was includedminute walkexcellent locationbritish museumbreakfast staffgatwick
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Three friends and I stayed here after arriving back on the Eurostar late one evening. The checkin process was quick and we were soon off to our rooms. However, the narrow steep stairs and large suitcases proved a challenge.
The room was clean and what we expected. However a room for four people (room 13 with four single beds) only had two plugs so we have to take it in turns to charge our phones!
The bathroom was the worst feature of the room (up a step and basically a wet room where you could shower from the toilet!) only one of us braved the shower.
Breakfast was ok. A range of fruit, cereal and juice and a facility to make your own toast - the queues were quite big at times. I personally think it would have been easier to have a rack of toast brought to your table.
Overall a good stay and is literally 5mins from the station if that! Well worth a stay for a night before or after a trip through the trains!

Room Tip: You can email to request a room - I did this for a room with 4 single beds. Very good response
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is basic and affordable and very clean. Yes there is no lift but staff were available to help with my bag. Lovely friendly people. 2 mins walk from the Eurostar station. I stayed for 4 nights and spent most of my time out sightseeing. Breakfast was more than adequate. I would stay again next time I am in London

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor - there is no lift
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for somewhere that is basic but affordable and very handy for the tube station then this is ok. We found it very clean and comfortable. We only stayed two nights and we spent most of our time sightseeing. The staff are very friendly and let us keep our bags in a room while we went out sightseeing (after we had checked out) thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed with you on Tuesday 26th February, and have to say that I was not at all impressed, for the reasons set out below:
• I arrived around 8pm, to find that my room was on the third floor and there was no lift. I was told I had to walk up three flights of narrow and dirty stairs with my heavy bags. Tired after a long train journey, this was not what I expected!! The young lady on reception told me that there was only her on duty, and no-one else available to help with the bags. She did however, eventually lock up reception and assist with my bags.
• Pre-payment had not been taken on the credit card I had booked with online, and I had not been asked to bring this card with me. Only through phone calls and email to and from my husband at home was it possible to sort the payment out.
• The room when I eventually got to it, was absolutely tiny, with a gap of about 10 inches around the bed. The TV did not work, and there was no remote to be found for it. The hairdryer did not work. The free WiFi would not connect. The bedside lights did not work.
• The shower room was just big enough for the shower and toilet. It was cold, felt and smelled damp. The shower did not run hot, even when left for a considerable time.
• I went to make a cup of tea, but was put off to find pubic hairs in amongst the milk cartons.
• As the room was very warm when I arrived I opened the window. Trying to close and lock the window was however, impossible, and I spent the remainder of the night cold, and listening to loud noises from outside, and the loud and noisy neighbours.
• The bed was reasonably comfortable, although also somewhat lumpy.
• The towels were thin and obviously old.
• Descending the stairs with my bags the following morning proved a considerable challenge, due to the narrowness and steepness of them.
• The corridor at the bottom of the stairs was full of building materials, hoovers, linen and assorted rubbish. The mats on the floor were covered with old white towels.
• When I got down to reception in the morning, there was not only the owner’s dog, but also dog food and water bowls in the bar area.
• The continental breakfast consisted of a few cereals to select from, some tinned fruit, assorted fruit juices and bread/toast. No fresh fruit or yoghurt were in evidence.
I have to say on the above evidence, I would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: dont go here!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lesley C
Crestfield_Hotel, General Manager at Crestfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Lesley Cleaver,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. We understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met. We trying our very best to ensure you had a good experience with us. On behalf of Crestfield hotel, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. After we received your feedback we have checked the room where you stayed. Room has been redecorated couple month ago. After investigation made, by our maintenance staff we didn’t found any faults that you have mentioned above. Please note, that we do advertise that our rooms are quite petite and there is information that there is no elevator in the hotel, if guests have mobility issues or heavy suitcases we always trying to find solution or give assistance with suitcases. We are currently refurbishing some of our rooms and do have building work going in one part of the hotel. On hotel’s payment policy section we do advertise that there is no deposit taken, but your card might be pre-authorised. During your stay you didn’t complaint or mentioned anything to a member of staff. We are treating all faults and customer complaints immediately in order to satisfy customer needs at higher standard as possible. Again, please accept our sincere apologies if we have not met your expectations.

Kind regards,
Crestfield hotel

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We returned to the Crestfield Hotel six months after our original stay and were put into a room on the 3rd floor which was too small and cramped for a four night stay.
But the following morning reception were - as ever - always pleasant, polite and keen to ensure we were happy and very obligingly moved us to another room which was similar to our original accommodation which was much more spacious and comfortable for a longer stay. They have a policy in which they try to accommodate returning guests in similar accommodation but due to a change of name we slipped through the net. The rooms regardless of size were very clean as we found when we were able to change our room and we sneaked a look at some of the rooms which have 3 or 4 beds and all were reasonably spacious for overnight stays in London.
The breakfasts were as before - plentiful - with a choice of several cereals, toast, fruit salad, cheese, ham and various jams plus juice, tea and coffee. Certainly good enough to send you on your way fed and watered for a days shopping or trek around the tourism spots.
Excellent value and we will happily recommend the Crestfield Hotel as well as return for a another stay in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms 10 and 15 are reasonably spacious double rooms. Room 39 although a double bedded room is extremely small for a couple but fine for a singleton.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple