“Great service but room disappointing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ME London

ME London
Ranked #74 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Great service but room disappointing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a perfect location, ideal for visiting Covent Garden. From the moment you arrive the staff are attentive and welcoming even a lovely glass of chilled Prosecco at check- in. Once you find your room as the corridors are so dark (which I personally didn't like but that's very much a subjective view) the contrast of a bright white room is startling and great. The room we stayed in was the standard Aura and I will be honest was a bit underwhelming. The room is fairly small and the technology tv and lighting is over complicated which if you are only staying for one night is frustrating and I would recommend getting a demo off housekeeping that really helped! The rooftop bar is the best feature of the hotel with fantastic views over London. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it. Breakfast good too although they miss a trick not serving freshly cooked stuff to order, the only thing the 2 chefs prepare is eggs which as they are they could do eggs benedict and other stuff, as elsewhere though the staff are lovely. We did see a suite which looked fab and I would suggest upgrading to a vibe or a suite if you can.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a vibe room or one of the suites
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hellycopter
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear hellycopter,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the world. We really do appreciate your opinion.

I am glad you liked the Hotel in general. it is true that the location is very convenient and the design is very contemporary and spectacular.
The fact that you found the service very kind and professional makes me feel very happy and do not hesitate I am going to pass the message over to the Team.

Next time you would like to come back, do not hesitate to contact the ME London directly and we will be delighted to accommodate your requests as much as we possibly can.

Thank you very much again and I hope to see you soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Thai first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Lovely room, bed was perfect, excellent technology, shower was brilliant. However, the TV signal was awful and kept freezing, was charged £50 when we checked in for stuff we didn't use and wasn't informed beforehand. Got woken up at 6:00 by loud whining pipes.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Arran H
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Arran H,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the room so much. In regards of the television, we just had a software upgrade that will improve the quality of the sound and image. It is common hotel practice to authorise some money for the possible incidentals the guest may have, we are sorry if this caused you any inconvenience, it was not what we wanted. We are looking into the pipe whining issue you informed.

Please let the aura team know when you would like to come back again and we will take care of your wishes and desires.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Superb hotel, great location.Unable to offer a single criticism of this hotel. Service 5 star and staff are top class. We have stayed in more than 70 hotels in London including The Grosvenor and the Park Lane Hilton but the ME hotel sets the standard for how hotels should be in London.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Michael A
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
WOW Michael!! How exiciting have been to read your review...THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed so much your experience with us at ME London :)

I am very much looking forward to greeting you back very soon.

Take care and all best wishes from ME London Team.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Firstly the Roof Top Bar was not open as hired out to a private function but at no time on booking, on the website or by anyone in person was this communicated to us until we checked in and a solitary piece of paper was next to the till informing us.
Very cheap and very disappointing and prevented us from making an informed decision about where to stay.
Secondly despite the fact that the said piece of paper assured everyone that the other bar was open, it actually wasn't at 11.20 pm when we returned wanting a night cap.
Thirdly the TV in the room did not work all weekend. Despite the management being so advised three times.
Fourthly the attitude of the staff was shocking. On check out, us having been reassured that our concerns would be addressed, which sadly, they hadn't been, the female receptionist was dismissive, disinterested and downright rude. she also falsely accused us of having had free cocktails as compensation .
Fifthly there were broken tiles in the bathroom which were dangerous.
Sixthly the night before, when the roof top bar was open, a fight broke out involving broken glass and tables and the police were called.
Seventhly, the breakfast was dismal. the poached eggs were boiled beyond an inch of their lives and 2 pieces of toast between 2 was provided.
Awful. We will never stay here again

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank VictoriaKNassar
Dear VictoriakNassar,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing the ME London Hotel for your last stay with us.

I was absolutely blown away by reading your review and I would like to apologise for all the inconveniences caused during your stay at ME London.

I am very sorry for the maintenance issues in the room and I would like to know a bit more about it so that I can investigate further which was the reason why the problem was not sorted normally.

Regarding the RADIO rooftop bar, as you said, on the first day you wanted to go it was closed due to a private event. However, all our guests are informed in our pre arrival email if we have their email address. Also, the RADIO Facebook website is daily updated with special public and private events.

Finally, I am embarrassed by your last night experience in the RADIO bar and I would very much like to apologise for everything that happened there. For the whole Team was something completely new. However, we have adopted new security measures to avoid that event to happen again.

Finally, and as I said before, I would like to investigate further which was the reason for all the inconveniences caused during your last stay with us. that's why I would very much like to stay in touch with you. If you would like to, please send us an email to melondon@melia.com.

It will be a real pleasure for me to help you with anything related to your previous experience and possible future ones.

Warmest Regards,
Madison, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our travel agent booked us at this hotel (American Express travel agent). Upon arrival at 11 am they did not have the right check in date and despite showing our voucher and documents they proceeded to lock us out of our room a day early! We have to enlist the help of our travel agent to rectify that they were going to charge us to "stay another night"- in addition Silvia the "desk manager" was extremely rude and condescending. Of all the beautiful hotels London has to offer why stay here?

4 Thank Jocrisee
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Jocrisee,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am aware that the senior Management is investigating the case and we have been already in contact with you offline discussing all the points you raised in your review.

Kind regards,
Market Deeping, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

From arrival the door man greets me with a genuine and sincere smile passing me onto his colleagues at the concierge . I am then taken to reception on the first floor . This is assume pyramid I am given a glass of fizz whilst they check me in.
The concierge or runner as they call them takes me to my room he shows me how to operate the room council similar to my iPhone
The room was great was taken by the mini bar which has such a refreshing change from your standard in room mini bar. Great variety of food and spirits .
Dinner was in their Italian restaurant serviced faultless food delicious and fresh. Never normally eat in a hotel restaurant especially in London where the choice is so good. But their restaurants are well worth staying in the hotel for.
Breakfast out of this world cooked to order tho a buffet if you prefer also operates.
If your on the out look for a Central London hotel make ME London your only stop.

Room Tip: Book in advance. This is a very popular hotel. Now having stayed there, I know why.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Derek G
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Derek,

I am just blown away by your review, THAN YOU VERY MUCH!

What an amazing description of your experience :)

I am glad you had such a nice time at ME London and I am already looking forward to greeting you back :)

Warmest regards
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Of course it is 5 star so a wonderful hotel with exceptional service. This uber cool hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring London and the roof top bar has amazing views. The rooms are very clean and spacious for a city hotel. But for me this place was too chic, I could't find my way out of the toilets, the lighting in the room is just frustrating and it is full of young trendy people. I had a room on the first floor on a Friday night and it was very noisy from the bar. I was told that under normal circumstances this room would not have been filled but it was a very busy night. The noise was not horrendous, but you could not describe this as a quiet and peaceful room! The hotel was beautiful and if you are looking for somewhere ultra trendy, ultra modern, good food, great location and you like to stay up and party this could be the place for you.

Room Tip: Not on the first or top floor at weekends -the noise from the bar and the roof top bar is a bit disr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amanda,

I do really appreciate your comments, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I am glad you liked the Hotel and if you are thinking to come back, just contact us directly and we will be very happy to allocate you in a quiter room.

Meanwhile, just so you know it was a real pleasure to have you at ME London :)

Hopefully, see you soon!