“A trip to remember”
Review of ME London Hotel

ME London Hotel
Ranked #68 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel is modern, chic, and clean. The concierge staff could not do enough for us while we were there. They were well organized, knowledgeable, extremely patient, and though I am sure they had plenty of other things to do, they made us feel like we were the only guests there.

The rooms were modern and chic. They were well equipped with everything we needed, including an umbrella!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Aimee M
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hello Aimee M,

We’re happy to read that your trip was one to remember; and for all the right reasons as well.

We always put our guest at the centre of our attention so that they understand just how important they are to us as just why we value each and every one of them.

From the concierge team and the rest of us at ME London we hope to see you and your family stay with us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for ME London Hotel

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had read a review that afternoon tea takes place in the hotel reception so we checked this out before booking. We did indeed eat in the reception BUT it's gorgeous, little alcoves cleverly created by chrome bars, a fire pit, throws and all in all very laid back and cosy. At for the tea - it was probably one of the best I've had in London, really fresh, we were offered more sandwiches, the scones were light and fluffy and the little Christmas themed cakes were scrumptious. The waitress was really friendly and just the right amount of attentiveness without being in the way. We were there two hours, and not hurried at all, lovely atmosphere. Afterwards we visited the open air bar on the 10th floor which was just as lovely with more fire pits, overhead heaters and more throws - little bit expensive BUT everyone works to their own budget so don't let that put you off - worth a visit

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Lindylou048,

It really goes to show just how important your review is to us; after all it was someone else’s review that brought you here!

Our Afternoon Tea is one of our more recent services that we provide not only to our in-house guests but also to all members of the public. Because of its lounge setting; guest comfort is paramount and paired with the clever architecture of the space you feel a sense of cosiness without having being cramped into a tiny space.

Regular guests of our Afternoon Tea can vouch for us when we say that our delectable menu changes with the season to always off the freshest possible items so one can never tire of the same old menu.

We’ve passed on your feedback to our pastry chef; Sarah, about her scrummy Christmas themed treats and we hope that you were able to see the outstanding Christmas themed sugar art that was on display courtesy of the ever so nimble fingers of our talented Pastry Team.

Here’s to hoping that we can see you again in the New Year.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

chose to stay here cause the interiors are done by Sir Norman Foster. the service was casual and very friendly. the check in area was stunning ! was offered a free bottle of champagne (thank you ME). stayed in one of the suites but it was still a tad small. the room was clean and the toilet very well designed. good location, really convenient especialy if you are catching a musical. breakfast was kinda sad though, very limited choice.

Room Tip: definitely at least a suite. rooms are quite small but i spose thats typically london.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank damask_rose
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hello damask_rose,

It’s always great to hear it when our guests appreciate the architectural talents of Norman Foster and it was a deciding factor for your reason to visit us.

I can ensure you that our suites; with regards to size are on par with our competitors within our location and it’s the additional services and amenities that we can provide to guests staying in our suites that sets us apart from the rest and truly value adds to the experience at ME London.

We want you to come back in the future and keep an eye out for a few surprises that we have up our sleeves to further enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel through last minute.com. I needed a twin room as I was sharing with my son. I was assured that I would get one. The booking was made for a Vibe room.
We turned up at the hotel, we're given the key to the room and went in, the Vibe room is advertised as having a floor to ceiling window-the room we walked into had a small window up quite high and a double bed. I went back to reception and asked for the room I had booked. I was given the key for Nother room, which I was assured had 2 single beds. It was exactly the same as the room we had just walked out of! In this room, the internal lock on the inside of the door was missing and again it had a double bed.
Again another trip to reception, I told the receptionist that the Vibe room (I thought) had a large window and I was still waiting to be given a room with 2 single beds. The guy on reception told us that there were no Vibe rooms on the 7th floor and as we were moving our own bag (1 small pull along) he didn't want to put us out.
We finally got ther room we had booked (and prepaid) on the 6th floor, but to be honest, I wouldn't bother booking here again. I don't think that a receptionist should dictate which room I should be given, the first 2 were certainly not the room advised as the Vibe room on the hotel website.
I mentioned this on check out and was told I would be contacted by the hotel within the week, 3 weeks later I'm still waiting.....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sally-Anne K
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello Sally-Anne K,

Thank you for your review. We’re truly devastated to read that you had such an appalling – and very rare – experience. We hope to see you back soon. We will make sure this time you enjoy the fabulous and exciting experience that Me London strives to provide.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Decided to stay at the Hotel after enjoying a wonderful afternoon tea a while back. We were greeted by friendly smiling faces every time we left and returned to the hotel. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, especially the Concierge, and we will definitely return. Rooms ultra modern, and with views from the tenth floor ultra modern.
Multicultural, multilingual staff providing a perfect representation of all that we admire about London.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AJG5

Hello AJG5,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We definitely want you to return as well and enjoy our Radio Rooftop Bar especially during the summer time when the atmosphere is truly jovial all day round.

If you’re travelling as a couple next time why not try out one of our romantic packages specially crafted for you!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very swanky and very modern almost to the point of being impractical. It so dark tht the first time we visited (just after it opened) we had no idea were the restaurants were. We went back assuming and hoping that the niggles we experienced first time round would of been ironed out (and because of its location to the BFI IMAX theatre) and some of them had. We were offered a glass of proseco this time on arrival and while we waited for our room availability, we were a little early. The lad on reception was difficult to understand and spoke down into the desk and i had trouble heating anything he said. He gave us our key pack mumbling something and pointing towards the lift, when we got in we pushed the button and nothing happened, in the darkness we rummaged around trying to seeing where to place the key card. A member of staff saw us and asked us had we not been shown how to work the lift and we said no, he then said well you should have been. We found our room which wad on the 8th floor, small but adequate. At reception I asked if a phone charger was available and yes it would be sent to room however we had to go back down and ask for it as it did not arrive.

There was a capsule coffee maker in the room but no kettle and no tea bags!! As I am not a coffee drinker there was no early cuppa for me!

Breakfast was pretty abysmal. A 5 star hotel which offers just a buffet service?!! The plates were cold, the food only lukewarm, bacon leathery and felt like it had sat that for ages. Triangular hash browns resembling Birds Eye frozen ones were frightful. Toast was the thin plastic stuff from a plastic bag (most 5* hotels service artisan breads these days). I asked for English breakfast tea and my partner ordered coffee. I received a cup of warm water with a teabag on the saucer and my partner received a cup of black coffee which we asked to be served with cream. The teabag had split another was forthcoming and when i asked for milk i was told there was cream! ME hotel we do not use cream in our tea here in this country. Needless to say it was cold and undrinkable and the water not hot enough to produce any colour from the tea bag. No refill on the coffee was offered.

On a positve note, the valet parking worked well, the STK restaurant was super in every way. Service impeccable, ambience superb and food simply stunning with the best sirloin steaks I have eaten. Side dishes were £4.00 each but so easily service two hungry appetites - we found we over ordered. I can highly recommend this restaurant even if you chose to stay in a real 5* hotel somewhere else.

I booked this hotel on line and was given a voucher for £20.00 to be used in the hotel. It said to present this at reception which I did but was told it was not necessary and would be dealt with at checkout. At checkout there was no reduction of £20.00 which I queried and i was told I had spent nothing! The lunch in STK was £120.00 I pointed out but was told as I had paid in the restaurant on my card and not charged it to the room it did not count!!!!

Room Tip: To get your £20.00 voucher charge everything to room. Avoid breakfast like the plague, take a torch...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandfoson

Hello Sandfoson,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband & I always travel to london in dec for his work. We always have stayed at the Sofitel-this time, a colleague of his told us about this new hotel on the Strand, so we tried it. Great location-close to the river, close to Trafalgar Square...It's ultra modern & quite dark-all black hallways, electro house music in the elevators, a touch screen panel in the rooms to control light & heat. Nice double rain shower-ozone scented water, which was weird. Lovely rooftop bar with great city views. I felt as if I were in a space station-the reception is on the first floor, concierge on ground level. A tad different-staff hip but friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dreijunge

Hello Dreijunge,

We pride ourselves on being different, hip and funky; your own words describe us so well!

Yes it’s true our hallways are dark but it helps to give that dramatic effect when you open your bedroom door for the first time to see the light shine through. We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you’re back in London and let us take care of you once again.