“Wow night out”

Ranked #68 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Surrey, England
“Wow night out”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had to pleasure of a birthday night out here for my hubbie. From the moment we walked in the door we were looked after by really attentive, smiling staff who genuinely wanted to ensure we had a great stay. The downstairs lounge bar is perfect for meeting friends to pre-dinner drinks, which we did. We will definitely do this even is not staying overnight. Service was excellent. The room was very glam and the bathroom was huge, perfectly equipped and had the soft touches of welcoming messages from staff. We hit the bar in STK late, but the diners were all still there having a great time. Music was great. We went from there to the roof top terrace which has amazing view in both directions on the Thames. Not only that but the bar itself is a fab venue for late drinks and great views. Again, staff were really making every effort. Be careful: after a great night out the block out shutters in the rooms are exceptional so we slept until mid-day!!! Overall, a great treat; amazing very glam hotel with real atmosphere.

Room Tip: This hotel needs to be seen from the inside not the outside, it's a real experience
2 Thank Michele B
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Celebrating Birthdays is something we relish and try to do with style and personality! We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful celebration, enjoyed the outlets, and the personal touches we make to the rooms to ensure your experience is as amazing as we only ME London can make it! As you’re coming back to the Marconi Bar (on the ground floor) we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This brief stay didn't get off to a great start. Our confirmation email stated check-in after midday so we were disappointed that in fact it is 3pm. The (only) receptionist was apologetic and had no idea what their emails stated - I forwarded it to them.
We left our bags and headed out. They were safely in our room when we eventually got it - although the bell boys had thought they had lost them and after two hours of looking came up to the room to apologise only to be relieved- a School boy error but symptomatic of an establishment not running smoothly but still charging as if it was. The hotel itself is pretty cool, high quality fit out, staff largely friendly. The hotel was however a little overrun by London fashion week and they looked as if they were struggling to cope. Elevators were not running smoothly and it seemed party guests (on various floors) were being given priority over paying guests - this they really need to sort out and quickly.Hotel turn down service at 11.10pm probably a bit late for most! Overall a mixed stay - same receptionist friendly and apologetic at checkout (again on her own) - would probably wait until they bed down a bit more. Not as if London is short of well run high quality hotels.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Greg F
Hi there and thanks for reviewing. Check-in is most definitely at 3 PM and we are looking into the correspondence to make sure that the time is correctly stated. Fashion Week was a busy time for us and thank you for your patience with the events going on during your stay. The last thing we want is for our guests to feel as though the functions going on during their experience supersede the importance we place on guests staying in house. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed part of your stay, and would love to welcome you back to show you that, events regardless, all guests are our focus.
Opwijk, Belgium
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Here's summary of my pros and cons during our stay at the ME London Hotel

Pros :
• Location, location, location ! Great !
• Very hip hotel, nice design
• Comfy beds
• Nice and very friendly staff members
• Tasty breakfast
• Rooms are clean and silent

Cons :
• We got first a room for guests with disability (tools for handicap in bathroom, wardrobe at wheelchair height, shower curtain etc…)
After 1 night we asked for another room, which was no problem
• The second room… air conditioning didn't work, room temperature was always over 24°, I could not sleep that night, I asked to change our room again…
• The final and best room, I was sitting on the toilet and my partner was lying on the bed and there was someone who suddenly came in our room, without knocking first.
She said there was a problem with the toilet, my boyfriend told the lady that there was no problem and that I was on the toilet, but she stayed at the door and asking if we would check it out…I called out again that I was sitting on the toilet and that I want to have my privacy.
Later on she knocked again on our door, to apologize that it was the toilet in the room next to us.
• The breakfast is good, but you have to wait at least 20-30 minutes to get it. Also when you ask for a second coffee the waiting time is way too long.
• We had no complimentary water (in each of the 3 rooms)
• For my opinion the hotel and hotel service is not worth 5stars ‘yet’
• The price is not proportional to the quality of the hotel

1 Thank BarbaraMoreau1976
Thank you for reviewing. First and foremost, it is entirely unacceptable for Hotel staff to enter a room without knocking. We are looking into this and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Your patience must have been tried with the room changes. Thank you for being so tolerant. As a new Hotel, we are delighted to hear you are impressed by our location, style, comfort, food and staff. These are areas where we have put such a lot of effort in perfecting; to have them mentioned in your review is great! Please do come back so that we can prove to you that we are indeed worth each and every star!
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend (Fri to Mon) with my best friend in a "vibe" room. I was met at the door by a very friendly young man who took me up to the reception area which is just amazing - you have to see it to believe it. It's a pyramid with smooth marble walls and a skylight at the top. Don't miss the light show at reception at 7pm every day - complete with comfy sofas and a glass of bubbly.

The room was immaculate, very modern with white leather walls and a touch-screen panel to control the lights and air conditioning. Playing around with the colours of the mood lighting is fun. The bathroom was spacious and very well equipped - hairdryer with a flat nozzle and a diffuser, quality products and an amazing walk-in shower. The beds are very comfortable and even though we were looking right out over the Strand there is absolutely no noise from the street which was great.

Breakfast was good, although on the Saturday and Sunday the service for coffee and tea was a little chaotic. We also used the rooftop bar which has a terrace with amazing views of the city - a must if you are staying here.

Location is great - a stone's throw from Covent Garden and a short walk from Charing Cross tube station.

The staff were all super helpful and attentive to making our stay as good as possible. I was really impressed by this hotel which is definitely out of the ordinary and by the staff who go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Aura_Department, Guest Relations Manager at ME London Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing! It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Our Atrium/Reception is a sight to see first-hand. Marble walls spanning all 10 floors with different, daily projections blasted onto them. Our show is specially designed for the Hotel and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Madrid Spain
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had the chance to stay at ME London on February 13th. I have travelled to London several times to other hotels, but I must say that this hotel is a totally new and amazing experience.
The service is outstanding, either at reception, bar, restaurants... I was lucky and I could try the Radio Bar at the rooftop... Stunning views over the Thames, London Eye, OXO tower, etc. Great food and drinks. And I had dinner at STK. What to say... another incredible experience: waiters, food, cocktails, music,... Everything!
The room is lovely and the bathroom is gorgeous; I love their bath amenities and their shower. And also their bathrobes, towels (new, soft, big) and slippers.
TV and lighting needs some training! :) Nice wardrobe.
So I promise I will go back to ME London!
________
En resumen: Uno de los hoteles que más me ha impresionado en los últimos años. Las vistas únicas de Londres, los restaurantes (STK es un restaurante-club nocturno que hay que disfrutar al menos una vez), el bar con terraza en la planta 10, el show de luces de la recepción (todos los días a las 7 PM; yo casi me lo pierdo y es indispensable). El servicio es increible. Y la habitación y el baño son maravillosos de diseño, equipamiento y espacio (me alojé en una habitación Aura, la más básica; no puedo ni imaginar cómo serán las habitaciones de mayor categoría!).

Room Tip: Las habitaciones Aura más cerca de las suites del "vértice" del edificio son más pequeñas...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rodri
Thank you for reviewing us! We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Most definitely you should come back – there’s too much in the Capital and in ME London to fit into one trip!
liverpool
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at the new Me London Hotel. Firstly the location--could not be better, on the Strand right in the centre of Covent Garden opposite Drury Lane within walking distance of all the theatres. This Norman Foster designed hotel is truly unique with a hollow pyramid the full height of the centre of the building and the rooms on the outside , try and stay as high as you can as the views are amazing,or you can go to the cocktail bar on the top floor to avail yourself of the fantastic London skyline---dusk is the best time. The rooms are perfect with everything you could wish for with relaxing light tones and pillows and beds that guarantee you a great nights sleep. The staff are not only there to help you but welcome you as a long lost friend with nothing too much trouble. The hotel offers a relaxed and chilled atmosphere without the 'stuffiness' of some of the other 5* hotels in London. A must is a meal at the STK restaurant. This restaurant served the finest steak I have ever eaten, there is also an Italian restaurant -but we didn't have time to try it .....maybe next time.
All in all a perfect weekend, beautiful hotel with amazing views, fantastic, friendly and professional staff,great food and a perfect location, what more could you ask for!!!.

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer fanatstic views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Everything is possible at ME London! And we’re thrilled that you were impressed! Our rooms are designed for comfort and are surprisingly large for a London hotel. Staff are trained to high level to ensure expectations are exceeded and our restaurants, thank you for mentioning them; STK, our ultra-stylish steakhouse is an immense experience – good vibe, excellent music, and even better food! We look forward to seeing you again so that you can experience the classic Italian food of Cucina Asellina in it’s cool, cosmopolitan setting.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Amazing hotel. Made more amazing by the staff and the interior design. I stayed one night.

On arrival you are taken to the first floor where you'll find reception. You are standing inside a pyramid with projections on the walls, a skylight on the roof. The staff uniform is modern and fits with the look of the hotel. Everyone I came across in the hotel knew my name!

Initially put in a room on the first floor, I had some work to do. The room has a desk but I constantly was getting static shocks from the table. Wear long sleeves. Looks great though. In the end I had to be moved for other reasons, and got a larger room on the 7th floor. Both were adequate but if I were to stay again I would probably pay for the larger size.

The bar on the roof has a great view. The only slight negative was the security. I met some friends at the hotel and took them upstairs to the bar. The security man was very unwelcoming, verging on aggressive. You need a room key to get there, so I was obviously a guest, yet before opening the door to the terrasse he demanded to see my room key. Later, when one of my party tried to find the gents toilet, he shouted at them!

All in all, a great new addition to the London hotel scene.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
First and foremost, many apologies for the treatment you and your guests received from security when you enjoyed the rooftop bar, Radio, we are certainly looking into this matter. Otherwise, thank you so much for reviewing and we’re really pleased that, on the whole, you had a good experience with us!