“ok”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Frustrated with not being able to have great Peruvian food and drinks in London, we decided to do something about it. And after creating some fun pop up restaurants and supper clubs we opened our restaurant in Soho in March 2012." This place is brilliant", Giles Coren, The Times"One of the best new restaurants of 2012" Elle Magazine"This is cuisine with a kick" Vogue
London, United Kingdom
“ok”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Found ceviche to be ok, nothing great. The Don Ceviche was a good sized portion and tasty as well as the yuca (casava). Wasn't a fan of the cow heart. Some of the dishes are a little bit expensive for what they are.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Yummmmmo!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night with my brother, a chef, who is always wanting to checkout new restaurants in London. It was a Monday night however still very busy. Service was very attentive, our waiter was friendly, helpful and fast. He was fantastic explaining certain dishes to us when asked.

Cocktail menu is brilliant, loved the passion fruit one. Food... Just delicious. I've never eaten ceviche before, but definatley recommend the mixed one: with sea bass, prawn, octopus etc. Very tasty. The beet root salad was incredible and would come back just for that!

Oh and the music was brilliant,not too loud ... Just right! I'm not sure what the old sour bat a few reviews down is having a cry about!

london
“Expected more”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

After all the great reviews i have heard through the grape vine i was quite frankly dissapointed. Wanting some hot food, we werent told that most of the dishes would be sashimi style. With the strange spice and creamy drinks it all felt like a bit mixed up in my stomach.
I expected to feel a little ill, but didnt.
Great idea for sharing plates, but quite expensive our bill came to £120 with just 2 alcoholic cocktails and there were 3 of us... 2x still bottled water was £10...
I would reccomend only as a one off and to try but i think there are much better restaurants in London, this one just got its reputation by some good old PR

London
“Second time around”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I wrote a review about eight months ago and now I am just back from Lima and paid another visit to Ceviche here in London.
We went in a party of four, including one Peruvian. The overall reviewed impression remains that the restaurant is a really good addition to the London dining scene and is sufficiently authentic to properly call itself a Peruvian restaurant.
The space is small, they do pack them in, it is very busy and the noise levels are high. This is not elegant dining, it is fun dining and if you are in the right mood you will enjoy it.
I now consider myself an expert judge of Pisco Sours, Peru's killer cocktail. After my first visit here soon after Ceviche opened I reported that the Sour was the best in London and think it was. The first one served on this second visit was terrible. It was a Pisco slush, that is, with a glass full of slushy ice. We ordered a second, asking the waitress to ask the barman to make it the traditional way. The very pleasant Peruvian manager came to see what we meant and discussed Pisco techniques with our Peruvian. The second cocktail was much better, but maybe not the best I have had in the past month. I think the problem may lie in the great demand for Piscos here. They are churning them out. I did not see the barman at work but suspect he does not have the time to make a shaken individual cocktail and they are using a blender with way too inferior results. In Peru sometimes they do use a blender but it needs greater expertise. On the credit balance, they did not charge for the first attempt, which we did drink.
The food is served in small portions which are best shared. All the dishes we ordered were good though the ribs were a bit on the dry and tough side. We were eating at the of the restaurant's day so this course was not the best choice. All the rest came up to expectations. The Don Ceviche and the Lomo Saltado were excellent and I had no better ones in Lima. The service was amiable and attentive, not fast but we felt that they got on with it and we left feeling we had had a pleasant evening out. Some reports say that the prices were high. We dined well for about £35 a head including service and that is pretty good by London standards.

1 Thank GBSLondon
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Pleasently suprised”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Friends & i found ourselves here because we couldnt get into barrafina just up the road, the staff kindly accomodated a party of 4 with seats at the bar which was absolutley fine for us.
Having never been before & new to peruvian cuisine we asked the waiter to serve a selection of there tapas dishes. Well we were delighted with the food that was provided, very fresh & varied dishes that were served by friendly & helpful staff. Cost wise it didnt seem excessive for the quantity of food & alcohol we consumed.
The restaurant/bar is quite small so we were lucky to get in with no notice but it provides a nice atmosphere & seemed popular so big thumbs up from us.

• Visited December 2012