“An exciting menu and a different sushi experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sticks'N'Sushi Wimbledon

Sticks'N'Sushi Wimbledon
Ranked #504 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oozing ultra-sleek Scandinavian chic, Sticks'n'Sushi is one of Wimbledon's most fashionable and popular eateries. With the original Sticks'n'Sushi site in Copenhagen, this cutting-edge concept combines the best in Japanese and Nordic dining, with a typically slick dining room featuring suspended art pieces, clean angles and a stony grey colour palette. As its name suggests, the Sticks'n'Sushi menu features a mix of freshly-crafted sushi and sizzling yakitori sticks - loaded with chicken, red meat and vegetables - served straight from the grill.
London
“An exciting menu and a different sushi experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Full review and photography here: http://www.thecutlerychronicles.com/2013/08/sticksnsushi-wimbledon-review.html

Extract: 'The second half of this set menu soon followed, with hot skewered sticks straight from the kitchen. Perfectly opaque and moist chicken breast pieces smothered in a chilli sauce, juicy and fat chicken meatballs (tsukune) sticky with sweet soy, and crunchy asparagus wrapped in crisp salted bacon - all the sticks carrying a smoky charred flavour from the grill and served with al dente edamames sprinkled with coarse salt to busy the fingers in between conversation..

..Green tea and latte - two words used to describe quite opposing and never-to-meet beverages. For we all know, milk is not to be added to green tea. With much gratitude, Sticks’n’Sushi have shown me an enlightened path. Take fine matcha green tea powder, combine with boiled water, hot milk and whip up into a creamy soft drink. The result is a warming bowl of bubbles with all the comforting qualities of a mug of hot chocolate, but vibrant in colour, less sweet and infinitely healthier. A mildly bitter aftertaste secures its grown up status.'

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect from a Danish sushi restaurant in London, but after several visits I think this is one of my favorite restaurants. There are plenty of options to suit everyone's taste and budget, and the food is delicious, freshly prepared, and beautifully presented. Service is good, decor is tasteful, and best of all, it's walking distance from my house. While everyone raves about the sushi, don't overlook the sticks! These little morsels of grilled meat are perfectly cooked and the sauces are fantastic. Even if you don't like sushi or seafood, you won't go hungry. Everything looks so good that I have to be careful not to order too much food. I'm so thankful that they chose to open their first restaurant outside of Copenhagen in Wimbledon! I hear they are planning to open another one in Covent Garden.

Travelling Brit
“Sensational sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was recommended this restaurant by a colleague and I am delighted that I followed their advice. I went with my partner on a Sunday night and the place was buzzing. Dark and atmospheric it was much more romantic than I had imagined. We had a table for two but there were bigger groups on shared table - wagamama style. We sat at the bar for a drink first (only critisim of the evening would be the barman ignored me until I actually asked if I could order a drink, as he was preparing drinks for the tables!) After much deliberation over the menu (nearly twenty minutes), we shared the Two for Two stick n sushi and added on the charcoaled grilled fillet of beef. The sushi part came out first - the white fish and tuna were beautifully soft and succulent, and the rest of the sushi equally delicious. The waiter described each peice of sushi which is great for first time sushi eaters!

The sticks that followed were fabulously presented and cooked to perfection. The beef...well as a recently converted red meat eater, this was quite possibly the nicest bit of beef I have ever had. I enjoyed the evening immensly (minus the barman) and can't wait to return - or visit the eagerly anticipated sister restaurant opening in Covent garden soon!

London, United Kingdom
“Glad I went”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I have been looking at this restaurant for quite some time and finally went on Friday 2nd August.
My wife kind of expected it to be a bit Wagamama which it definitely was not.
The place is darkish but in no way dingy. The decor is minimal but certainly not basic. It is funky and cool.
The staff were very polite and welcoming, neither looking nor coming across as aloof.
Generally the clientele were trendyish and smart. My wife felt a little under dressed in jeans and t shirt. I didn't care.
Most of the tables are long and seat many people (perhaps hence the association with Wagamama) but there are other funky break out areas, sofas, a few two's and four's.
We sat just inside the entrance at a counter on fashionable stools which was prime position for people watching.
We were given a pile of menus. Drinks, cocktails, a la carte, set menus. They were very descriptive and all had plenty of accurate pictures which is great when you are trying new things.
We started with a cocktail then moved to beer and wine. The prices were competitive with anywhere else in Wimbledon.
There were a great selection of set plates which combined many items including sushi and sticks (ya). We chose two different styles of platter one consisted of mostly sushi the other mostly various kinds of chicken, Each platter can also be upgraded a bit by adding some other item/s as illustrated in the menus. We did this and added some lamb and pork ribs.
We paid less than £100 grat included.
Some people sat next to us just had some miso soup and a few sushi with one glass of wine between them. Their bill was probably £24 which is cool if you are not a glutton like me.
I would go here again anytime and probably will.
It would be a great place for a larger group to go and sit around a big table and share some exceptional looking party plates.
The only reason that I have taken off a star was because the sushi, although delicious, was not as alive as it could have been. It lacked the sheen of very fresh, just made product.
All the staff were attentive and helpful.

Pfaeffikon, Switzerland
“Fresh and Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant after our visit to the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum. There was a direct bus 493 to get there from outside the museum. We ordered an "Upgrade" menu where we could share around 16 makis, 6 sashimis, 6 wraps, 6 sticks of various grilled food (chicken, lamb, cheese). We spent 56 GBP for that menu but was really satisfied after a long morning at the museum simply because they tasted really original and refreshing. We tried many different sushi restaurants in different places in Europe, and this is one of the best one we had so far! A must try when you are around Wimbledon or London in general.