“Back On Top Of The Pack”

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #527 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel each year for many years and it has had its ups and downs. I'm delighted to say that it is now pulled back and this 2 night visit was pretty much faultless.

I arrived at 14:00 and was swiftly greeted at reception. I presented my Platinum Priority Club card (there was no separate area for Priority Club members) and my status was immediately acknowledged. I was offered a choice off 500 bonus points or a complimentary drink however the receptionist did fail to offer me a complimentary upgrade until I asked about it. That was the single less than positive experience. I was provided with complimentary vouchers for 2 days internet access and I found the service fast and efficient.

I was upgraded and the room was adequately spacious and very clean. There was a separate settee and it was more than adequate. The bed was large and comfortable and there was a choice of pillow types. 2 bottles of water were provided with the hotels compliments and also a bar of chocolate. What was nice is that all of this was replaced each day and not just one per visit as offered my most hotels. As well as tea and coffee it was nice that hot chocolate was also provided.

The bathroom had a combination tub and shower and benefited from high quality toiletries, spotless towels and a bathrobe. The bathroom was immaculately clean, including the often missed areas of the air vent and the corners on the floor.

There was air conditioning and this was effective. Again, this is rate in a London hotel.

Breakfast was a delight and there was a good choice. The staff clearly worked as a team and were incredibly warm and friendly. Again, a very rare thing in London. Adam in particular was very friendly as was his supervisor. All food items were fresh and there was a good choice of juices. What delighted me was the fact that there was a container with ice at the side of the drinks. I love my juice ice cold and this was a very thoughtful touch.

Whilst the hotel is about 20 minutes from Central London, it really doesn't take longer to get door to door than a hotel in the city. As a complimentary shuttle between the hotel and Brent Cross underground station is provided this saves on walking time and balances out the rest of the travel time. One opportunity for improvement is for the driver to take the name of the guest when you call to be collected. This would ensure that the correct person is collected and the driver knows who he's expecting. Every driver was courteous and helpful.

This hotel gets it right and this is refreshing. Thank you for a most excellent stay.

Room Tip: When you call to be collected from Brent Cross station, place your call when your train is at Golder...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Shaun W, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

A huge THANK YOU for you 5 star review. We really do appreciate the feedback and I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the team.

I hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn London Brent Cross soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel years ago and was worried that it was going to be tied and run down but on the contrary, it was better than I remember. We had to be in central London for 9:00 AM and did not want to pay silly London prices. This hotel is right at the bottom of the M1, so no London congestion charge. Brent Cross Underground Station is just over half a mile away and it serves the Northern Line. We went to Hampstead for dinner in the evening (2 stops) and Charing Cross in the morning (piece of cake!). We parked at the hotel (£5).
The staff on reception were very helpful and welcoming. There is a nice bar and restaurant on site.
Rooms were clean & comfortable with good air con.
If you need to visit London and access the M1, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the top for great views of London & area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We put our guests at the heart of everything we do.

I hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 14, 2014

As an American traveling for business, I found the hotel to be pretty good overall.
Staff is friendly and helpful and the room was clean.
Shuttle to Tube station was handy as well.

Some points for improvement
The free Internet service is incredibly slow, limited at 50 KB/s which makes casual browsing quite painful. For business travelers requiring videoconferencing, connecting to VPN's, and transferring files, this is not acceptable.

I mentioned this to the front desk several times but there was no knowledge of a speed cap - just a general reply that the Wi-Fi is slower in the lobby than in the rooms.

Very few TV channels (Again compared to US standards :)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel was recommeded by a work colleague and after a two night stay, I would definitely go back and recommond it to anyone. I travelled with my husband and two children and when we arrived the room wasn't ready but reception offered to take our bags so we could travel into London. On our return later that evening, the booking didn't have the children on so reception advised they would get the sofa bed set up. As we had booked a room with 2 double beds, this was a little disappointing, but we were offered that our room could probably be changed for the second night and offered complimentary drinks in the bar while the sofa bed was made up. We made the decision that with it only being one more night, we didn't want the hassle of changing rooms and would just stay put. On checking out, the same very pleasant lady we had dealt with was on reception and had spoken to the manager and offered to refund one nights stay for the inconvenience. This was beyond our expectations and redeemed the one minus point from our stay. All the staff we dealt with were polite and friendly and although on the second morning we had a slight wait for a table for breakfast, I can't fault the service. Breakfast very good value and the courtesy bus to the tube station has made sure we will probably return next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Excellent service from the staff, they couldn't do enough for us. Good quality room. Only complaint was the quality of tea bags in the room and no biscuits. Will always recommend to our friends. Great that they have a shuttle service to the train station.

Room Tip: Top floor great, but I think all the rooms of same quality.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your HUGE 5 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do.

Please let me know (shaun.wilde@ihg.com) when you are next staying with us and I will certainly ensure that your request is fulfilled.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed two nights this week with my adult daughter and two young children. Everything about the stat was exceptional. Wonderful staff, excellent service, room clean, and the on-demand shuttle service is so efficient and friendly that there is no inconvenience staying a little further out. Will become our hotel of choice for London visits. Congratulations to management and staff for this very fine hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Cartiger

Dear Valued Guest

Welcome back!! Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted that you had a great stay. We always put our guest at the heart of everything we do. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The staff couldn't be more helpful from checkin to when we left. Great value and the staff couldn't do enough to help. The room was clean and pleasant and the shuttle to the tube is excellent and fast.

• Stayed: August 2014