“Credos ”

Ranked #445 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Isle of Thanet, United Kingdom
“Credos ”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

You learn to NOT expect civility and good service in London hotels - unless you're in one that costs a small fortune and then things can still go south. So this hotel was a surprise. I am actually killing time in my room waiting for a late check out (given to me willingly and courteously) and thinking this the best stay I have had in London.

The amount of smiles I got from the moment I got here last night was staggering. Staff couldn't be more helpful and I got the distinct impression they were being incredibly helpful and friendly because they wanted to, not because they had to or were expected to.

When you leave the restaurant and the staff thank you by name, now that is true customer care. Most hotel restaurants don't even notice you have left.

Spotless rooms; comfortable and equipped sufficiently. I just can't complement this crew enough. My wife and I will definitely be back here - no matter where in London we have to be, when you find a gem, stick with it because you know what you will get and here, its all quality.

In a few hours I will check out with a smile on my face knowing that I was treated like a valuable human being rather than a credit card.

Thank you staff of the H. I. Brent Cross.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hi Jonchan22,

An ENORMOUS THANK YOU for your amazing FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!! It is a little more special for me as this is my last day here, and it is always great to go out on a high. Your review encapsulates all that I wanted to achieve in my tenure here, and I am delighted to see that the team are living the vision. This really is a great hotel, with a fantastic team that I have been proud to lead. Thank you Jonchan22, your kind words are really appreciated - the team will look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Holiday Inn London Brent Cross

(until Monday when I will be General Manager of London K-West)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Bromsgrove
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel represented very good value for money. We only paid £67.00 for two people for one night. The room was a good size, well appointed and the beds were very comfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. We did find access to the hotel a bit traumatic as it seems to be on it's own little island. Hence the title I chose. In every other respect this is an eexcellent hotel nand is dirextly opposite the Brent Cross Shopping Centre.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi wegetaround548,

Thank you for posting your FOUR STAR REVIEW!!!! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and you really did get a great deal on the room rate. Thank you for your kind comments about the team it is always great to receive positive feedback. As for your difficulty getting to us, if you haven't negotiated the intricacies of the North Circular before I would always recommend Sat Nav - Nw21Lp will bring you straight into the car park. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kidderminster
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were so relieved to reach our hotel after a long and tiring day. (Not too easy to get to but worth it)
A lovely welcome, the entrance to the hotel was bright, cheerful and in good taste. Our room was exceedingly comfortable, clean, warm and there was a good welcome tray. Toiletries in the bathroom, plenty of towels etc.
This was all a comfort after not such a good experience at The Holiday Inn Kings Cross.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Kathleen_9,

Thank you for your great FOUR STAR REVIEW!!! Thank you also for your great comments about the welcome you received and your comfortable room - I do like your description of us as a "haven in the centre of busy" - very apt. This is a busy area, but I think the hustle and bustle of London does stop at the front door. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Used for quick London Weekend. Very close to Brent Cross Shopping Centre and with a courtesy bus that will take you to and collect you from the nearest tube station (Brent Cross) on request. Great service.

Hotel staff were all really pleasant and helpful. Magda on Front Desk especially so. This hotel is right next to a very busy road but room soundproofing was excellent and there was no appreciable noise. Public areas clean and stylish. Breakfast good quality and value if voucher purchase option taken. Our room was smart, well furnished and clean. Sofa bed for our young son very useful. £5.00 parking with plenty of spaces also very good for London.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jezzieboy
Hi jezzieboy,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!! I'm delighted you enjoyed your family break, and Magda will be delighted to see her name was mentioned!!! Thank you for mentioning our great soundproofing - it is really easy to get a great sleep here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, check in was easy, the gentleman recognized us as platinum members and upgraded out room to a family superior. We had free drinks whilst waiting for the room to be ready ( we arrived 30 mins before check in). The bar area
Seating was lovely. The room was lovely too, shower was fab with plenty of power in it, nice selection of toiletries and good fluffy towels and robe. Two double beds seemed pretty firm but i still ended up with back ache. Can not complain about anything. Breakfast was great plenty to choose from both hot and cold, service was brilliant!!! Only minor complaint no one kept an eye on hot good levels!!! My kids loved the hot chocolate. The lifts to the room were ok until we wanted to get ground level we waited what seemed like an age and then twice they were full when they reached us!!! We could not use the stairs and the door trigged the fire alarm!!! Only minor niggles hotel is within walking distance of Brent cross shopping centre. Fab stay.

Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi cornsyyorkie,

Thank you for your Four Star review!! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we were able to upgrade your room. Unsure why the lifts were so busy when you tried to use them, they are normally sufficient - maybe everyone decided to leave at once? Our main staircase next to the lift lobby does bring you back to Reception, I'm guessing you must have seen one of our Fire Exits. Apologies for that anyway, we hope you come back soon and we manage to move you to Five Stars.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel so many times since it was first built in the mid 90's and have never been dissapointed.

Traffic noise is never a problem, plenty of parking and good size rooms, helpful staff and always the hotel looks clean and well maintained.

The food at breakfast and evening meal was excelent and the service is good even when busy,

One thing to watch out for is the pricing. It's not that this is an expensive hotel, just that on top of the room rate there is breakfast (cheaper if you buy vouchers on check in) and the wifi is not free. It's just easier if you know how much everything you need is going to cost up front.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi JohnC_883186337 (wow that's a long name!!),

Thank you for your FIVE STAR REVIEW and thank you for being a long time visitor to the Hotel - I am pleased to see that over the Years we have never disappointed. I am pleased you enjoyed our restaurant also, that is a great tip you added in your review - buy breakfast vouchers on check in for the best price. In 2014 Wifi will be free to all IHG Rewards members, so there's another reason to return!!

Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

There is a bit of a story to my stay here , this could easily have been a negative review but it's not thanks to the efforts of the staff here , in particular Winnie who offerred us a night to be taken before end of the year after my wife booked the wrong date in error and we were charged for a no show (long story). However after contacting the hotel Martin Hurley and Winnie this was resolved. From the moment I arrived here I was very impressed with the hotel staff , very friendly , right down to the person cleaning the rooms. The free shuttle service is great, the driver gives you a card and you can ring him when you get back from central london on the tube.When we arrived he was there inside a minute. I will definitely try and book this hotel as a first choice when needing a place to stay for a break in London. Stayed here last weekend 9th November.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi IanLDiver,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your FIVE STAR REVIEW!!!!! I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that I was able to personally resolve your booking issue. It was good to read that you were impressed with the team - we work hard to recruit and train really Guest focused people, it is always a joy to read recognition such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.