“Overnight business trip”

Ranked #465 of 1,067 Hotels in London
COALVILLE, UK
“Overnight business trip”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is situated on the North Circular A406 near the start of the M1. I was in Harlow, Essex during the day and left Harlow at 17:00 and managed to get to the hotel at just gone 18:00.

Efficient check in, I was given a room on the 8th floor, with twin double beds, fridge etc. I like high floor rooms, as I like the view you get. I had a lovely view of the North Circular.

Food in the restaurant was good and so was the service. Watch out for the 10% service charge, I was not bothered about this as I was on expenses.

Breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn affair with plenty of choice.

I would return to this hotel if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear CHRIS S,
A massive Thank you for your review! I am glad to read you enjoyed our clean spacious room with two double beds and the lovely view of the ever busy North Circular. I'm sure you would have realised even though we are near to the North Circular you would not have heard any noise from outside as our sound proofing in all our rooms are excellent.
Another fact of our hotel is our Chief Engineer is the one who built this fabulous hotel :)
Our new Head Chef is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, our dinner food and service. Feedback like yours are great motivator for us. You have mentioned regarding the 10% service charge, this is a discretionary service charge and if you let any of our restaurant/ bar team know they will be more than happy to take it off your bill.
Once again thank you for your kind words.

E-mail:johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Family of 4 stayed 2 nights at Holiday Inn Brent Cross in July 2013, and our stay was pleasant.
The room we had on the 8th floor was very nice. Good size room for 2 large double beds, bathroom efficient, with ac, overall very clean and comfy. Breakfast was standard continental, nice and tasty. They use starbucks for their coffees. Since we don't drive having a free shuttle to the tube was convenient, although the view from our room was showing the bus station at the mall with lots of double deckers, made kids wanna take the bus so we walked to the station and took the buses. Staff is nice and helpful.
The only cons was that wifi was for a charge; the shortest was one hour for 5 pounds. The staff was nice however to checkin our flight on their computer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Sumguy,

Thank you for your fabulous review! Great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is true we have good size rooms compared to many other hotels in London and all our rooms are air conditioned which our guests will find it useful when summer eventually decide to arrive :).
Did you try our new pancake machine which is a new addition to our award winning English breakfast, its really popular with kids as they can use it themselves.
I have shared your comments with my team regarding the clean comfy rooms, helpful & friendly staff and our shuttle service.
I also wanted to highlight that our IHG Rewards Elite members get standard complimentary internet and I strongly recommend this program, its free and the benefits are fantastic!
I am glad that Andre helped you check-in your flight on his computer. We always aim to do our best to ensure you have a great experience staying with us.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Fantstically located for North Circular, bottom of M1 or A1 and I always stay here when driving to London, on business especially as the car parking is plentiful and only £5 a night. Rooms are good Holiday Inn standard, well maintained and clean. Service is friendly. Not too much nearby but that is not why I stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear mark H,

Thank you for your fantastic review!! Your review covered all areas we focus on and it had the impact for a person reading the review. It was simple, to the point and that is what makes you a senior contributor and this is what I try to pass on to my team "Keep it Simple" :)

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future and next time we want to make sure we do everything so that you have left with no choice but to give us a 5 star review.

hartlepool
Reviewed July 5, 2013

had a lovely stay here , went with my daughter and 2 grandchildren ,room clean with a fridge, staff pleasant and friendly , and great help , would certainly stay again no complaint,s at all . Just over the road is Brent Cross shopping centre, a shuttle is on hand to get you too and from the underground.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear maudy58,

Thank you for you fabulous review. I shared your comments to my team and they are thrilled to hear that we have made another guest happy!!
I should say your review covers all areas which we really focus on and I am glad to see that you have noticed all of these. Your kind words are really appreciated by us.

Looking forward to welcome you in the near future and my team has promised that the next time you stay with us you will score nothing less than a 5 star review.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

An excellent location for Wembley Concerts. Hotel was just right, Staff were fabulous, just what we needed. The directions for the Buses to and from Wembley were excellent and help us out on the night! No complaints what so ever with the hotel.

Dear Souties,

Thank you for your 4 star review. This year has been fantastic for music lover like yourself as the line up of artist at Wembley has been one of the best in recent times. Many of our guests acknowledge the fact that our hotel is ideal for all events which happens at Wembley and if you book it on-line in advance you might get a bargain. We also make sure that we create the right atmosphere & ambiance at the hotel in line with the events at Wembley.

I can read from your comments you mentioned regarding our fabulous team and also the leaflet we prepared for all our guests regarding the travel information to and from Wembley was useful.

Bordeaux, France
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have stayed here quite often over the last few years. You can park your car for a small fee and there is a free shuttle service to and from the Tube station. The rooms are well decorated and clean. There is a fridge in the room for your own drinks, food etc
The hotel is just across the road from Brent Cross shopping centre (although the road is the North Circular and is very wide!) and next door to another small shopping centre with a Costa Coffee.
The reception and shuttle staff are so pleasant and helpful, dong their best to make your stay a good experience.
It isn't a pretty hotel in a lovely location but it is clean, efficient, easy to stay in and a reasonable price. I just wish it had a swimming pool! But they will make arrangements for you to visit local gyms and fitness centre....ever helpful

Room Tip: All are soundproofed although personally I like the ones with a view away from Brent Cross as we oft...
Dear Belette,

A MASSIVE Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm glad to hear that we have consistently managed to impress you with our service over the last few years guess you must be lucky LOL!! I'm only joking. Consistency is what we are aiming for to all our guest so they all have a fantastic stay like yours. I have read your comments to my team and they are thrilled to see our guests appreciate all the hard work put by them to ensure we get it right every time. I have seen you have mentioned about the coffee outlet next door but I can say confidently that our Starbucks is better than the coffee outlet next door :).

Once again Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked this hotel as a stop gap as we had been let down by friends. Hotel is about 30mins tube ride from Embankment. The hotel has a shuttle service to and from Brent Cross tube station. You just call the mobile number of the driver and they are there within 10 mins. Hotel is very clean, staff very polite. Ordered room service which was very good and filling.

While we were there someone asked for an early breakfast, the receptionist said if they came down around ten minutes early they could probably have breakfast although, hot food may not be available. The client was that concerned about hot food and the was offered a packed breakfast which they could have whilst travelling.
Even though this hotel is a bit of a trek, I would stay here again as it is very close to the motorway and even the taxis are quite reasonable. Due to getting a late train home, it was even better as we were able to leave our luggage there all day.

2 Thank 724JulieS
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear 724JulieS,

A HUGE THANK YOU for a 5 star review!! I was happy to hear that at least we did not let you down. Its great to read from your comments that we our delivering our promise in all areas and our team worked together to make your stay an enjoyable one. I have shared your comments to my team regarding our complimentary shuttle service, clean rooms, room service and my team going extra mile and offering packed breakfast to a guest so that he can have it during his travel.
Comments like yours makes every effort of ours worthwhile and we always work towards achieving similar experience to all our guest.

Looking forward to welcome you soon in the near future.