“courtesy bus to tube, helpful and friendly staff + pancake maker at breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #427 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Matlock, United Kingdom
“courtesy bus to tube, helpful and friendly staff + pancake maker at breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had 2 days in London for a family holiday - 2 children 9 and 12. We booked over 21 days in advance and got their super-saver price ~£160 for 2 nights. It's easy to get to by car, just of the M1 and parking is cheap, £5/day and plenty of car-parking spaces. However we didn't use the car and made use of the tube and the great courtesy minibus service that will take you to the tube (Brent Cross on the Northern Line) and pick you up again. Runs until 23:45 so you can get back from a show in central London (just don't eat after the show). Allow 30+ minutes from hotel to central London by tube. If you want to do some shopping then you're just opposite Brent Cross Mall (about a 5 minute walk).
The room had double beds, HDTV with a reasonable range of channels, a fridge to keep your own drinks chilled, an iron and a bathroom (bath and shower).
We opted for the upfront breakfast (slightly cheaper at £12.95 per adult) but the kids ate for free. It was a full English, cereal, fruit and a pancake maker that the kids enjoyed.
it's just a shame that it is so far out from central London, but then you're not paying central London prices. That aside a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hi jverdicchio,

THANK YOU for a 5* Review!!!!! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you think the hotel is Great. I'm pleased you chose us as your base for Central London - as we are only 20 mins by tube from Leicester Square and just 12 mins from Camden it does make sense to enjoy our great value deals whilst enjoying the Worlds Greatest City.

You are our 200th Reviewer on TripAdvisor!!! Please drop me an Email so I can personally thank you for reaching this milestone.

martin.hurley@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Enstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

It wasn't easy to find the hotel eventhough it's a huge building, we walked all the way from the tube station. Actually it was our fault because we hadn't notice the flyer saying that we can call a free shuttle to take us to the hotel. Anyway the hotel was very nice and clean, and I loved the room we stayed in. We booked a twin bedroom and we got a room with two kingsize beds.
We had a great time staying in this hotel for it was very quiet and comfortable.
The food in the restaurant wasn't the best. I had the beef burger for £13 and expected a large burger with lots of fries and instead I got something that looked more like a £3-burger from a supermarket. The staff on the other hand was brilliant! Especially the bartender, he was very friendly and efficient. The receptionists were okay, weren't especially friendly nor rude... they were just cold. I didn't dare to ask anything after our check-in.
I was disapopinted about the internet. It was waaay too expensive, I'm not saying it should be free, but a lot cheaper.
The free shuttle service was excellent! All the drivers were very friendly and helpful, especially one elderly gentleman who we had a really pleasant conversation with.
All and all we had a very nice time and next time I go to London, this hotel will definately be my first choice :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hi SReaver,

A HUGE thank you for your 5* Review!!! I was pleased that you found the restaurant team to be friendly, the Reception team are friendly also - we did have two new receptionists in training so apologies if you thought they seemed cold. Our new Head Chef started this week so I am sure we will see improvements in the food quality.
Our internet pricing is under review, and some changes will be made from June.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have stayed here around a dozen times over the years and will happily return again and again. Of course it's location at the London end of the M1 is ideal and the hotel provides transport to and from the local tube station. I think the Holiday Inn at Brent X always provides excellent value and the breakfast is plentiful and tasty with a special reccommendation for the sausages. Drinks are usual hotel prices. Pleaseant staff and rooms are quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi tonyw1uk,

A huge THANK YOU for your fantastic 5* Review!!!! I'm pleased to read that as a regular guest you feel we keep the standards consistently high. I completely agree with you about the sausages, they are great.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here as part of a coach trip to legoland. Rooms were nice, well equipped but very warm! Struggled to master the heating controls so slept with the window open! Good facilities at this hotel, food very nice, great breakfast, but bar prices were high. Would stay again though if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi julie f,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and facilities here. I'm sorry that you struggled with the climate controls, we are here 24 hours - next time you stay let us know and we will talk you through it.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

-Arrived Wednesday, at the tube rang for the Shuttle arrived in about 10 mins which was great (that was the longest we waited normally more around 5!)
-Arrived at 1:50pm our room wasn't ready so I think whe up-graded up, we were up-graded to a double rather than the twin room which is what we had booked- wasn't a problem for us but make sure to check what you are getting if that would be a problem!
-Arrived in the room, very clean and tidy,
-went out and upon our return there where tones of french kids, jamming into the lift (the lovely shuttle driver - didn't catch his name but had family from Ireland tried to see if the other lift was available but it wasn't but he went above- his duty)

A grounp of French boys in the room next door resulted in boys from that group knocking on our door by accident, ringing out phone by accident and generally making A LOT of noise, shouting and letting the doors slam. At 11pm we rang down to ask from them to be told to quiet down. In return 2 members of staff (maybe the manager) knocked on their door and told them to be quiet which we appreciated! We where woken at 7am the next morning to repeated knocking only to open the door to see what we presume one of the teaches that where with the French group next door, which was irritating.
-Would be useful if there was stickers or a sign put on the door to indicate if they where part of that group as we didn't like having to open the doors as we didn't feel very secure!

-Breakfast was lovely, lots to choose from and hot!
-All the staff in the hotel where lovely, from the reception to the restaurant and the shuttle drivers, as well as the manager who we spoke to in the lift.
-One point to remember is that you will need to use the shuttle to get to and from the tube station as it is a distance away (but it is along duel carriage ways etc)

Room Tip: -Had a room on the 8th floor which was quiet enough (apart from the french boys next door)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi MariaD1994,

Thank you for posting a review!!! I was pleased to read your comments regarding the team members that you met, and that you really enjoyed breakfast.

I am really sorry that you were disturbed by other guests during your stay. We generally keep groups together to minimise noise, but due to the size of this group we couldn't on this occasion. We don't normally have such large groups - this was a one off. Please drop me an email next time you are booked in and I will ensure that you have a great stay.

Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good value, clean, good breakfast and very friendly, helpful staff. Would use again without hesitation.free shuttle to Brent Cross tube.Knowledgable staff very willing to help.Well organised and a decent mattress for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hi to the Rothwellians,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your "BRILLIANT" 5 STAR Review!!!!!!

I really appreciate your positive comments about the team, Guest Service is our Number 1 priority and it is great to read that we are getting it right.

Please come back and visit soon.

Leeds, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Holiday Inn Brent Cross is somewhere I have stayed many times in the past, but this is the first time I have reviewed it. And I am happy to say that it’s still as good as it previously was.

When I checked in, I was greeted as a Platinum Priority Club Member and was given some complimentary chocolates, a free drink and snack. I didn’t get an upgrade as being a smoker, they will always put me on the 10th floor, but that’s not a problem as the rooms are fine and to be honest, I don’t need an upgrade. The lady who checked me in (Julia) was very polite and efficient and intervened when another guest tried to butt in as he wanted something while she was checking me in. Some people are just so rude…

Location – this really depends on what you are in London for I guess. I work in Central London and even though Brent Cross is in Zone 3, the Northern Line takes me straight there in about 20 minutes, which is ideal. If you are there for shopping, then Brent Cross Shopping Centre is just across the dual carriageway and if you want to shop in London, then jump on the tube. If you want to do something at night, then you will be hard-pushed to find anything in the area (apart from a visit to the 24 hour Tesco!). Like I said, it depends on why you are choosing this hotel, but if you are driving, it is just off the motorway, so you can’t go wrong…

The shuttle to and from the tube station is a great service and I think that this is another reason which makes people want to stay here. The service is available from 0715 to 2345 on a call-up basis and I have met 4 of the drivers who work the shuttle. I am very pleased to say that 3 out of the 4 are courteous, polite and very professional.

The room prices are very reasonable for the hotel although I do think the room services menu prices are slightly on the expensive side with an additional £3.00 for the tray charge. However, you can ask for takeaway menus at reception and order in if you don’t fancy paying for the food at the hotel. Parking is £5.00 per day which is very reasonable and when you consider that most city centre parking anywhere in the UK exceeds this, then you can’t really argue.

I really like staying at this hotel. I stayed there this week, am staying again next week and have already booked for the last 2 weeks in April when I’m working in London again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_BX, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi Crouching_Hippo,

Thanks for taking the time to write a very detailed review - and for giving us FIVE STARS!!!! Thanks for the kind comments about Julia, and the 3 out of 4 shuttle drivers who were courteous and polite.

If your looking for more to do in the evenings, I can recommend nearby Hendon or Golders Green for Restaurants and bars, and the incredible nightlife of Camden is just over 10 mins away by Tube.

I would love to catch up with you when your in the Hotel next, if you have time just ask for me at Reception.