“Very Pleasent stay in Dylan Paddington”

Dylan Apartments Paddington
Ranked #994 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 5, 2012

we had a lovely stay in Dylan Paddington appartments. Tiny, but clean and comfortably rooms and very kind and helpful people at the reception.
I really recommend this place and will come back for sure :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Isis M

Reviewed November 10, 2012

good location, anything around to see. appartment is very small, you can´t travel with a big suitcase because there is no cupboard available...bathroom also very small, only for one slim person ;) beside the bed is the kitchenette...you can use the fridge and the microwave from your bed...but you can´t sit and eat in this appartment, there is no table or a chair. it is also very clairaudient...you need earplugs for a quiet sleep. commendable for young people or backpacker.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane R
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife, my daughter and and I stayed here for 2 weeks and it was very nice. The location is great. Our room was near the entrance so it was very noisy so that is a thing to consider when booking a room. The room was big and nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Walked past the building as it didn't seem to advertise itself as a hotel. No welcoming reception area. A struggle up narrow, shabbily carpeted stairs to an 'Office' which smelt of stale sweat. I had booked online and given credit card details but was still asked for photo-id which was then photocopied. Room stank of damp. En-suite shower-room stank of damp. Stained patches all over the ceiling. Room not as clean as it could have been. No fastening or lock on the window - well at least I had a window and it opened - but it didn't stay open, I had to prop it. TV didn't work. Duty Manager kindly gave me free wi-fi for the night. Lots of comings and goings of other residents could be heard all night through thin walls. No complimentary tea or coffee - just a kettle.

Convenient for Paddington Station. But would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank whatatodo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location near Paddington Heathrow Express, but the room were tiny, we were unable to turn off the radiator, hardly any hot water in the shower, leakage through the ceiling in the bathroom (strange liquid was landing on toilet - in the actual bedroom there was marks in the ceiling telling that there has been a leakage, lousy windows not able to stay up nor keep the wind out! We also had a double room (thought I think I booked a twin rooms), but a doulbe is fine and I can share the bed with my friend but PREFER A SEPARATE BLANKET/QUILT - but when asking they said it was only one per room!!!!!! They did not have a spare!!! And you also have to 5% extra in order to pay with credit card.

Room Tip: "Stay away"
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kjersti0105
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Firstly I was drawn in by the lavish website and the pictures of a suave and contemporary decor apartment, I booked with out hesitation! Then afterwards I wanted to see a few more pictures so I ran a search on Google and SLAP! I was met by some awful Tripadvisor reviews!! I was very nervous to say the least. However my booking was made and I did not have time to look elsewhere so I sent a email off to the Dylan voicing my concerns which were met with a prompt and timely reply fuelling my confidence!

I continued with my booking.

On arrival I was shown into the office and was in a awful hurry to meet work colleagues and was checked in swiftly and with zero problems. I was issued a key and given directions to my room. No problem there!!

I opened the door expecting to see a dive as per the reviews however I was cock-a-hoop to discover that the room was delightfully adequate and tastefully designed, clean and well equipped for the single or duo traveller(s).

I left the room after trying out the bed to which I found extremely comfy and walked 100yrds to the next street where I found a stylish street full of trendy cafes and a really nice pub called The Mitre. I could not believe that I had grabbed such a great deal. £70 for a quaint, stylish and primly located bed for the night. A stones throw from the pub and I was at Marble Arch chowing down on some very fine food and wine at the Island Grill restaurant.

Not only will I give this hidden jewel 10/10 I will also recommend it to anyone going to the city on a short stay! Well done Dylan Paddington!

I have tried to book 4 rooms for my brothers 40th next month but they are full! And I am not surprised......

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business