See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night with my family to sight see in London. The location is awsome 1 minute walk from Earl's Court underground loads of eating places and pubs on the main road plus co-op to buy stuff for snacks. We had a huge room which was located on ground floor with private bathroom. The man on reception was very present his desk was located outside our door but we wasn't disturbed by any noise. The room we found quiet the sheets was clean now the whole place does need a massive face lift and if you stay here just be very opened minded that it's not modern and is very basic and you get what you pay for being nearly in the center of London for a cheap price. We didn't have breakfast as we had mc Donald's so I can't comment on the food side of things. I think if the hotel stripped everything out and decorated and got new modern things in would be awsome for loads of people to stay for location coz that was perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Me, my husband and 3 children stayed in this horrible filthy place last week. We had booked to stay for 2 nights. We had the worse 2 nights ever and I'm not exaggerating. Where do I start looks are very deceiving!!! There was what looked like a pod with a basin, toilet and a shower in so tiny you could sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the same time. The door didn't shut properly and didn't even have a lock on it. There was a fan which was meant to get rid of condensation when using the shower that didn't even work and was full of dirt. The cold tap continually ran the hot tap didn't even work.
The mattresses were really old and you could feel every spring and lump through them and no mattress protectors either.
There was one plug socket in the whole room under an old heater. With mould and dust under the beds. The lights on the wall didn't even work. There was an open dirty fuse box hidden under a broken metal bedside table.
The door to the room had open gaps all around you could see the light through.. it has been battered alot.. Goodness knows what would of happened if there was a fire.
The breakfast was a joke a plate of dry cold toast was placed on the table in front of us on a chipped plate.. There was 2 thermos flasks with no lids on with warm water in that was to be used for tea or coffee no idea how long they had been there for. A bowl of boiled eggs that was cold along with what looked like a bowl of Musli and cornflakes. There was an Asian lad who was in the kitchen that didn't say a word he brought the toast to the table.
The next morning after having to survive another sleepless night we couldn't face another breakfast... We ended up going to the pub where We paid for a decent breakfast and a hot cup of tea.
When checking out and telling the man in reception that we haven't slept for 2 nights and the state of the place really didn't care.. not the reaction We should recieve.. We are so disappointed next time we will read and listen to the reviews ... please do not book this hotel it is horrible. AVOID!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Windsor House for one night. We were booked for five
nights but moved out after one as it was nowhere near what was promised on
the website

The rooms were filthy (not a little bit dirty but utterly filthy) The
bereakfast was very poor, the breakfast area was dirty an we couldn't even
get a napkin. And there was no service.

There was no hot water in the bathroom. As we mentioned this to the staff we
were told to let the water run for three minutes. We let it run for 30 with
no result. When we told the staff this we were told "there should be hot
water" which didn't help us at all.

The service was close to non existent. When asking for an extra blanket we
were told to turn up the radiator instead as the person in the reception
didn't want to look for a blanket.

On the website it said there would be free wifi but there was no access in
the room. Neither was there a working tv. There was a television set but not
plugged in.
None of the bedside lamps were working.

The beds were old and uncomfortable

The minuscule bathroom had a door with a non functioning lock and I was
locked in and had to struggle to get out.

All in all the place was torn down, noicy.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannabrander
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at this establishment as I was attending a music festival in Hyde Park. The positives - within reasonable walking distance of Hyde Park, so conveniently placed. The staff member who greeted us on arrival was extremely polite and helpful and remained that way as we checked out.
The negatives - a twin room at this establishment is circa 5ft wide but seemingly accommodates 2 narrow single beds with little or no real additional space. The decor is exhausted (tired is an understatement). There was a hand basin, which looked starved of attention when it comes to cleaning. The room was on a shared bathroom basis though the bathrooms are either in the basement or 2 floors up - not handy for a midnight visit.
Breakfast was also in the basement with a very limited choice 1 of 2 cereals or a boiled egg. Hot water for tea/coffee was supplied via a thermos flask with no lid so best wait until it's refreshed. No toast (despite the boiled egg with which one normally has this). Toast can be requested if the single staff member can be motivated to understand the needs of guests.
Overall a good place to stay if basic care and service are not high on your list despite being charged for the visit.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank John L
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Another business trip to London, another cheap hotel to crash at. I don’t need frills for such expeditions and I sure didn’t get any here. The advertised rate for a single room on the notice board in the reception area is £56. I paid £42 online a couple of weeks prior. Overall it’s acceptable and clean but also shabby and cramped. I could only find one plug socket just inside the door. The tiny TV set stood on a chest of drawers with the lead wrapped around the base and nowhere to plug it in. Apart from the bed and the door-less wardrobe the only other furniture in the room was a small ‘stool’ with tubular metal U-shaped ‘legs’ and a sheet-metal top. I’m pretty sure that had I been so dumb as to sit on it, it would have collapsed immediately and the sharp edges of the sheet metal would not have done me a lot of good. Amenities-wise there was a rickety small plastic shower cubicle in the room with low-ish water pressure but usable. It did at least run hot – eventually. No en suite toilet. Tiny basin. Very cramped. The bed was comfortable enough.

Having had narrow escapes from two hotel fires in my lifetime I always check my escape routes. The sash window had wooden block limiters screwed into the frame stopping it being raised more than about 8 inches. Not good in event of fire and it was a humid stuffy night when more ventilation was needed. Anyhow, I figured in a worst-case scenario I could rip the wash stand off the wall and use that to smash out the window frame. Luckily there was no fire so I didn’t have to find out the hard way.

Breakfast. I had to search for the breakfast room in the basement. Eventually, I found it right at the back, with the door semi-concealed by a hot water cylinder. I was 5 minutes early and it was locked. The unhappy and unfriendly looking Russian breakfast waitress who eventually opened up was a graduate of the Tankograd Polytechnic, an august educational establishment which lists amongst its alumni one I. V. Stalin. Being a specialist establishment it only offers 3 courses:
1. The building and maintenance of T34 tanks.
2. Gulag administration
3. Hotel customer service.

She’d taken the third, which is basically the same as course 2 but which leaves out the half-day module on how to neck-shoot ‘enemies of the people’ (customers) without wasting too much ammunition.

I greeted Rosa Klebb with a cheery “Good morning!” No reply. Two different kinds of cereal were on offer but the plates on the tables suggested a proper breakfast might be a possibility. A short while later two jugs of boiling water were placed with the cereal. I waited. Eventually, two slices of toast were placed before me on a chipped plate. “Thankyou!” I said, making an effort. No reply. That was it. At least the tea was good – PG Tips. I washed the toast down with three small cups of tea and got up to leave. “Thankyou!” I called again. “Welcome” came the muttered unenthusiastic reply. Memo to the Principal of Tankograd: When teaching customer service start by explaining to your students that a smile is a bodily movement whereby both corners of your mouth go up at the same time.

You get what you pay for in terms of the surroundings. As a cheap one-night stopover on a business trip, it is tolerable. What I don’t get though is this: When you’re running a downmarket joint, the one way you can make people like your place is to give pleasant, friendly smiling service. It costs sweet FA. Not making the effort suggests you can’t be bothered.

Room Tip: Plan to eat breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business