“Everything is done half heartedly here - stained toilet, cold room & strange smell!”
Review of Pasha Hotel

Pasha Hotel
Ranked #894 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Totally agree with previous review which states someone started doing the place up then got bored... This is not a boutique hotel and there were many problems! Would not recommend for romantic night away. Full review below.
Hotel reception and bar etc are all lovely. But get up to the room (we were 131) and it's a different story. Up 3 flights of winding stairs (no offer to carry my luggage) and a lovely big room and massive bathroom is revealed. Great! But hang on, it's cold... Why is it cold? Oh the window is broken. Stuffed toilet paper into the gaps to stop the cold coming in. Turn the TV on and only have 3 channels, but that's ok because I'm here to go out to the roller disco.
Shower time then! Massive bathroom but for some reason tiny shower in the corner which I can barely fit in. Turn the water onto hot but it doesn't warm up, strange. In a moment of madness I put it on maximum cold. After five minutes the cold turns hot - guessing they installed it round the wrong way...! Try to move the shower head up a bit and the knob falls off. Try to rest my shampoo on the taps and it falls off because the taps are installed wonky. I look up whilst in the shower and I can see a massive crack across the ceiling. They have filled it in with filler but not sanded it down or painted over it. Only two large towels provided so no towel to step out the shower onto = dangerously slippy.
So onto the toilet. Stained brown. Need I say more? Awful smell coming from it so I spray my perfume everywhere to try disguise it. Was wishing I had a bottle of bleach.
On using the tap at the sink, the tap handle falls off... Again another job not finished. When tap comes on it splashes in about ten different directions and most of them at me. Strange stain next to sink which looks like mould.
Taxi is now required. We hunt high and low for a phone in the room but this must be the first hotel I've ever been in where there is no phone! So three flights down to book a taxi and back up again to finish getting ready.
Onto the beds and our nights sleep. Walls are thin, kids next door up at 6am. Every time a truck goes by, the room shakes, the large wardrobe clicks and the headboard vibrates. Bed was comfy enough but only one pillow provided and was very cold in the room I had to sleep with socks on. Heater in room did not work, and without a phone... I would have had to go down to reception in my pyjamas.
All in all, not a 3 star. A 2 star at best. They have a LOT to sort out here to get things up to scratch. And at £80 a night I expected a lot more than I got :(
Perhaps if they spent less on their brand new fish tank and skin care range they could truly make this into a boutique hotel. Boutique hotel it is not, bog standard more like and half way through a re decoration but they think they've finished it... I would dread using a blue light torch in this place...!! Pay extra and stay in the travelodge at Vauxhall station is my advice :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This place looks like someone's had a go at tarting the place up then got bored or run out of money. At a glance it's seems ok but then as you delve a little deeper you see the obvious bits that just haven't been cleaned in ages. For example the shower head. The toilet seat also need a wipe. I'm no clean freak but I keep my own place at a far higher standard and having worked in a hotel before understand the basic expectations. On a funnier side the tv is mounted to high on the wall you would need to be standing on the bed to see the picture properly and the last guest appears to have been an elephant as the matteress aint all that flat. Now all grumbles aside it isn't the worst place I've stayed in and the price is pretty cheap. The staff all seem really nice and helpful could maybe just do with a bit more attention on the clean front and some tlc. More something to giggle at then run out screaming.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hakaos
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I made my reservation on line at a reduced rate on my arrival the receptionist argued with my over the difference of 80 pence. My on line booking was £89.20 and the receptionist held a price of £90. He insisted I that the 80p difference had to be paid and told me to go to another hotel if I did not pay. I insisted on speaking to a manager only to be told that there was no manager on duty. I refused to leave and a manager eventually appeared. after an apology and a £10 reduction I took the long journey to the 3rd floor...no lift. The hotel reminded me of a shanty hut, poorly fitted in every aspect. The taps even came off when I showered likewise so did the basin. The room smelt of the previous tenant. breakfast was served in a makeshift shed on a roof....never again was not worth the money, to top it all I was charged for breakfast when this was included in the price. BEWARE

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank June M
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This is what I consider a 'hidden gem' - this is the second time I have stayed whilst my husband was in Kings Hospital. First off - don't judge a book by its cover !!! I have stayed in a single/twin/triple (depending on what family have been up) all rooms perfectly adequate - comfortable and clean - reception staff excellent - very very helpful - restaurant fantastic and breakfast is truly wonderful and served by an extremely handsome and accommodating young man - please give this hotel a try - fantastic as a base for sight seeing and visiting friends - definitely under rated x

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great for a fun and different evening. If you are looking for a top class spa and restaurant this would not be a good choice. For a fun evening at the spa followed by an informal dinner with friends/family I would recommend the Pasha. Friendly staff and a holiday/ party style atmosphere in the restaurant with entertainment that reminded me of evenings in hotels whilst on holidays in Egypt.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This is quite an amazing hotel. It is like a tardis and stretches back a long way. Friendly liberal staff Lovely restaurant and really nice terrace for breakfast and drinks. Only negative points are some steep stairs and bizarrely the rooms were quite dark even with the lights on. Some rooms had limited sockets and my room didnt have a phone and it was a long way to reception!! Would go back

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends