“Bad quality, not worth the money, just don't go there!”
Review of Pasha Hotel

Pasha Hotel
Ranked #885 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Bad quality, not worth the money, just don't go there!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

From the minute I saw the outside of this 'glamorous' hotel (which looks more like a kebab shop than anything else) I knew I'd made a terrible mistake. The whole place is grotty & dingy and just about everything in our room was broken (lights, heating, window). The room was freezing cold and although we were given a portable heater this was too loud to keep switched on all night so I had to sleep in three layers of clothes. The standard of cleanliness was also poor- hairs in the bed and bathroom and a musty smell throughout the building. We only wanted somewhere to sleep after spending the evening at Brixton Academy so we would have been quite happy with a clean, basic room with functional heating however that was not available at the Pasha hotel. The way this hotel is priced and advertised is just wrong- it is nothing like the pictures/descriptions and definitely not worth the prices they charge (even on last minute booking websites like the one I used). There are so many nicer hotels in London at the same cost- don't go to this one!

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2012

After staying in a budget hotel on the M1 the previous night we were looking forward to our stay in the 'Classy, Compact, Comfortable' Pasha Hotel. As we have stayed with you before we were expecting the same standard of room as last time. My son booked this room for the two of us as a 'thank you'. When I came to check in I explained my son had booked the room on the internet for us, only to be informed they needed to see his credit card which I thought was a bit harsh as my son was not with me. In the end I had to give a copy of my credit card to the receptionist so I could book in.

On arrival at the room the walls looked like they'd been rubbed down with a greasy cloth. In the bathroom, when I pressed the pedal bin the lid flew off. I went to make a cup of tea and the only socket had a fridge, tv, digi box and telephone, all in one socket so I had to disconnect one so I could boil the kettle. I laid on the bed. The only way I can explain this having visited The London Dungeons I probably would have had a better night's sleep on the Rack!!

On rising in the morning my partner decided to have a shower. Suddenly I heard a piercing scream, I jumped up to be told the shower only had boiling hot water which would not regulate. I tried the cold tap but to my surprise the cold tap was also the hot tap!!!

My overall opinion of your hotel was a severe disappointment having stayed with you before. On departure 'we' paid for 'our' gift from my son. We usually have breakfast in hotels but after seeing the dirty substandard rooms which you let your customers see, I did not think breakfast would be a good idea. Thank you once again for an unforgettable stay and this will be my last ever stay at the Pasha Hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 201
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sassy107

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night and what a mistake ! We chose pasha as the photos on the website look very luxurious and inviting, however, what a massive disappointment ! We took a taxi to the hotel and first impressions were not good.
The hotel is squeezed in amongst shops and looked very strange, even the taxi driver laughed ! The hotel lobby was full of women, screaming children and buggies, so when we were informed that our room wasn't ready for another half an hour, we had to leave the hotel as there was no where to sit and wait. Instead, we headed to the only pub that we had seen in the run down area, which was across the road, where we sat with an old chap watching a film of the tv at full volume!
After checking in we were led by the receptionist up 2 flights of very narrow, steep badly lit flights of stairs which had no rails to hold, talk about a health and safety hazard.when we reached the 2nd floor we were shown in to a dark dingy room which absolutely stank of cigarette smoke, and we were told by the receptionist feel free to smoke in here! As non smokers my husband and I didn't really like the idea that we would stink like an ashtray by the end of our stay. The room was hideous ! The carpet was filthy and stained, there was an area near the bathroom that had a loose piece of carpet covering bare floor which we constantly tripped over and had to replace, the wardrobe was falling apart, the window was broken and taped up, there were. Massive gaps around the only plug socket in the room, the door to the fridge did not shut and it stunk, the drain was clogged up so the shower tray filled with filthy water and overflowed, there was a broken drain in the middle of the bathroom floor which I cut my foot on and the mattress stunk and was so cheap and thin. This was honestly the worst hotel we have ever been in, and considering we opted for a more expensive hotel as we wanted a bit of luxury, it was also a massive dissappointment.
The staff wrere friendly enough but not speaking very much English made it a bit hard to communicate. I really begrudged handing over hard earned money to stay in the hovel! And at £80 a night, it is certainly not cheap.
The hotel describes itself as compact, comfortable and classy! Ha more like dark, dingy, dirty, cheap, nasty and sleazy !!!!! Absolute joke, the area it's in is run down, dirty and there is absolutely no entertainment in the area (apart from the run down pub opposite).
I would not pay £20 a night for this hotel, it's an insult.
Save your money and find a proper hotel!!!!!!! Photos to follow

Room Tip: Just don't stay here full stop !
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey C
HotelPasha, Manager at Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer an upgraded room immediately.
if we had your comments during your stay. The room you have stayed
had a carpet cleaning right ahead and we are also planning complete upgrading issues to our smoking permitted block including the access to our roof terrace.

I am pleased that your contact with our team was memorable and
I will be sure to thank my team personally for this.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip to London was most enjoyable.

Bora BICAKCI
london
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My partner and I visited the hotel for a turkish bath and a chocolate body mask, the treatments were great and the customer service from every member of staff was brilliant. I look forward to returning for future treatments.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carmen t
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We went to the hotel for a hamman and the staff were very friendly, welcoming, and professional. Nice interiors and clean space.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was some time ago when I stayed so some of the things have probably changed since then. The reception area and the restaurant are lovely. I stayed in a room on the top floor and with a dodgy back it was a bit tricky negotiating the narrow steep stairs, but the very helpful lady on reception didn't hesitate to help with my luggage.

The room was still being decorated so had masking tape around the paintwork but it was very clean - although you couldn't see through the window due to the fogged double glazing. Nice bathroom but the shower head was a bit dodgy. The terrace area was still under construction but I'm sure it's lovely if it's now finished. It was easy enough to get to where we needed to be in London although we went for the simple taxi option!

After checking out I was waiting for my (always late) friends and the lady on reception presented me with the most delicious tea - lovely customer service. Great breakfast too. I'd definitely stay again if I was in the area.. a great little quirky hotel.

Room Tip: avoid the higher floors if you're not 100% mobile!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank gilly6beans
HotelPasha, Manager at Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Our Dear Guest

Thank you for encouraging us in our drive to deliver you more and more as much as we can. There is little we can do about the surrounding area but as one of the oldest villages of London we believe that Camberwell will do better and better every year.

This is a family run small business and you have been our guest. Tea or helping your luggage was just a natural gesture as we have the luxury to give our guests more 1-1 time and attention
We are proud that you have enjoyed it.

Pasha Team
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Me any gf stayed in the "deluxe" doube suite, i can say there was definately nothing deluxe about it. We spent most of the night out enjoying the nightlife, so we didn't spend much time at the hotel, thank god. There was mould above the shower head, large gaps in where the sockets should be, holes in the duvet and dirty walls. The only slightly good thing about the hotel was the staff who were relatively friendly. Apart from that the hotel looks like a cornershop from outside and the parking behind it is horrendous, litter and filth everywhere. Pay abit more and get a proper hotel!

Room Tip: Aviod hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GB008
HotelPasha, Manager at Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Our Dear Guests,

Yes, these images are true like the other beautiful images on our webpage. Our maintenance department apparently could not catch up with the peace of the damage and some of our new guests have suffered from the aesthetic damages in our facilities. It is far below the standard we aim to deliver and to see this at trip advisor is of course a challenge we have to face and overcome.

As a solution however, we have started a painting operation in our rooms (only 2 are left) during this quiet season and getting ourselfes ready to deliver what we promise. The terminology of `deluxe` room however is not our choice as booking engines offer only a set menu to categorise our rooms. Internally our rooms are Economy - Standard and Plus where the room size increases alongside the name and our pricing is kept similar with another 3 star hotel in our area, lower than a 4 star hotel in our area and we are all together 20-25% lower than the London City average which is only in 15 min away with the 10 bus lines passing in front of our door to be fair in value for money.

We hope that you share your complains as soon as they occur and let us turn them into opportunities so that you have good memories from your stay.

Bora BICAKCI