“Good”
Review of Dockside Hotel

Dockside Hotel
Ranked #95 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very neat rooms, modern interior, clean room and bathroom. Shower not so practical, but I managed. No air-conditioning. Tv, waterheater and little fridge is good! Bed comfy, staff helpful, very good internet acces even inside the room, comes handy for the planning of your next day.
At first glimpse neighborhood little bit unfriendly, but had no problems during my 3 day stay.
Good to know: to get there, you have to change from the subway to the DLR. Doesn't cost extra, but it does take up a little extra time and also a short walk beetween in a not so good iluminated area in the evening.
The price was good for me as I was alone and usually single rooms cost more, but still, not that cheap...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 4 nights and it was satisfactory. First thing first, this hotel is budget friendly! Comparing with other hotels in London, it was bargain for the quality.

The location was quite good. It was close to the DLR station (3-4 minutes on foot) which connects you to all touristic places. Other comments mentioning the weird surrounding is right but Shadwell is a territory where people from certain ethnic group lives. You see people with different clothing choices according to their religion but this does not mean that the area is not safe. We didn’t have any problem in terms of safety.

The room was modernly decorated and clean. We stayed at rooms 14&15. The one facing the road (I don’t remember if it was 14 or 15) is smaller than the other one but both were pleasant. The hotel serves a delicious breakfast with several options like fruits, cheese, waffles, yoghurt, pastries, jams, peanut butter, Nutella etc. We left the hotel with happy stomachs in every morning!

I highly recommend Dockside Hotel for a budget friendly stay in London.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Dockside Hotel for a long weekend, during which I attended the Doctor Who Celebration at ExCel and did some sightseeing in town. I chose the place because it was very conveniently located and because the price for a single room was ok for my pockets. I had a very nice stay overall, and I would recommend it to people with a similar schedule.
I had a small but lovely and cozy single room on the second (top) floor (no elevator), with a very comfy bed and the regular amenities. Cleaning was alright. A regular breakfast was served in a nice room in the basement, where there was plenty of space for everyone. Staff was very friendly and helpful (not only on site, but also when I contacted them per email beforehand).
The downsides were minor - the neighborhood looked a bit dodgy, the walls a bit thin and there was no luggage room, so I had to leave my suitcase in the inner corridor when I checked out. Everything turned out fine.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Quality of the location depends on the purpose of your vistit. I had to go to Tower Gateway for business the next day, so it was perfect. One DLR station away (Shadwell). Staff is very friendly, Room was clean, enough space. Had a roof room, roof window facing east, absolutely no noise from outside when closed. You can hear other guests in the stairway, but since it's a rather small hotel there were only a few guests. No one partying at night. Even in my room wlan speed was great (compared to other hotels). Mini fridge in the room, mini bar prices extremely OK for a hotel (£1 Coke, £1.50 Red Bull, etc.). Paid £70 for one night, which is the best value I have encountered so far in London. Will come back again the next time I need a place in that area of London.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

i have been in london in november for to meet my dauther;she lives in London in Limehouse,near this hotel.The Dockside Hotel is near Tube Limehouse and there are many bus stop.It is confortable,very clean and you can do a lot breakfast.The building and the room is new.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A nice little hotel well sited for a visit to London. Good clean comfortable accomadation with freindly staff. I will be using this one again for future visits to London. Well done to all the staff for making my stay a good experiance, Thank you

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

So, let's start with bad points:

70£ is expensive for an hotel, but this is London, so the offer was good if you compare with others in the same period.

Insulation needs to be done.

But there are many good points !! I came by car and I could park just in front of the hotel (free on weekends), the bed was perfect (clean and confortable, 4 pillows for 2 people) bathroom clean with free towels, location is very good (5 min by walk from Shadwell station), and the staff was absolutely helpfull from the begining to the end of our stay.

If I have to come back, I'll check rates in this hotel at first.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple