Location fantastic, shoppers paradise. Right at the back door of Harrods and very close to Harvey Nichols. Knightsbridge metro station only a one-minute walk away. Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace within walking distance. We also walked to Oxford Street and Picadilly Circus (half hour). Note that this is an apartment only (no F&B facilities on the premises). The friendly cleaning staff check you in and let you sign a (very old fashioned) blanc credit card statement for automatic check-out. We were given a basement apartment (no 2) which is a bit dark. It would have been nice if we would have been made aware of this at the time of booking (so be aware, no 1 & 2 are both basement apartments). The apartment was spacious and neutrally furnished. The WiFi signal in the basement was very bad (one bar only, sometims two), so they really need to install a repeater to improve the signal. The pull-out sleeping couch was of terrible quality. You could feel the iron springs through the mattrass. My daughter was not impressed... Absolutely unacceptable for an apartment in this price/quality range. The double bed we slept in was fine. There is no dishwasher but there is a washing machine. There is no safety deposit box in the room.
The Gran Cafe across the road does a nice breakfast. The Capital Hotel across the road has a good fish restaurant and we also enjoyed a lovely high-tea there.
Provided they upgrade the pull-out couch and increase the WiFi signal, we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basil Street Apartments are eight elegant fully furnished apartments, ranging from studio apartments to three bedrooms, for stays of three days and over. Each fully serviced apartment is spacious, comfortable and furnished to the highest standard. Basil Street Apartments are situated in Knightsbridge, the heart of Central London. Opposite the world famous Harrods department store, the apartments are 5 minutes from Harvey Nichols, the designer stores of Sloane Street and 10 minutes from Hyde Park. Knightsbridge offers a wealth of superb exclusive restaurants with fine establishments, boasting cuisines rich in culture and diversity from around the globe. The Apartments are perfect for business or leisure travelers seeking the ideal location in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Basil Street Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basils Knightsbridge Apartments Hotel London
- Basil Street Apartments London, England