“your little flat in London :)”
Review of 196 Bishopsgate

196 Bishopsgate
Ranked #437 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The location was great as most of the reviews I read. The Liverpool station (which is a large tube station) will get you everywhere. The unit was very quiet and felt like we had a little flat of our own in London! The kitchen had everything to cook with- the nearest TESCO is 1 min walk, and you can find their everything you need for a good home made meal :)

The maid service comes everyday which was nice. We would stay again. Good value. The clientele seemed to be couples and business people (financial district nearby). Was super quiet at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roni W

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at 196 Bishopsgate on my business trip. I chose this serviced apartments simply because the price was less expensive compared with the hotels in the area where my company's London office is located. (I am a model employee conscious of expense control.) So I expected less confortable experience. This place very much exceeded my expectation. As others wrote, location is good, the room is spacious and clean, and staff members are helpful. For the extended stay, a washing machine located in the bathroom must be very useful. If you don't require posh features like a grand lobby, elegant doormen, or room service, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Though the room is described as 52 square metres, it definitely has 80 square metres. It is more spacious than we expected. It is so comfortable to stay at the room for relaxation and for preparing meals. Kitchen facilities are adequate. The location is also great and it is just located next to Liverpool station. We can travel by train there to Cambridge for a day out. So convenient. There are also lots of bus to the city centre.

Room Tip: The bedrooms face the rear are quiet. However, the rear is a bit dirty and thus do not open the win...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I booked this for my husband's birthday, as it was central to all the things we wanted to see and cheaper than a hotel!

The service was excellent, both via email at the time of booking and re pre-stay queries, and during the visit.

The cost is more than I would normally spend for two nights, but as it is in central London and it was for a special occasion I didn't really mind.

My only real complaint is that the room was too warm, and although air-conditioning was available the unit was very loud, so we didn't like to have it on while trying to sleep. We also didn't want to open the windows, as they looked out onto the balconies of other apartments.

Despite this, we had a very pleasant stay, and I would definitely recommend 196 Bishopsgate to others.

Room Tip: We had a studio, which was perfect for the two of us for a short trip.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Well located for both business and tourism. Spitting distance from a myriad of decent pubs and restaurants, and walking distance to the Tate Modern, Borough Market and so on. Wifi free and reasonable speed and strength, and good kitchen facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I spent 4 nights with my wife and my kid (20 months old)
Location is great and the apartament super. My wife appreciate a lot the cleanness and my son seemed at ease immediately.
We were in room 402. No problem with noise although the street is very busy.
Room and living room are large and the cot for the baby quite good. Very good furniture and good kitchen.
The guy in the reception was really helpfull and kind.
I go in london once or twice per year in holiday. From now i'll go in 196bishopsgate for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have stayed at 196 Bishopsgate a couple of times now, and as sad as this may sound, I hate telling anyone about the place, as it's my little secret ;-)

Set up far more like a hotel than a serviced apartment, 196 Bishopsgate is so conveniently located it's silly, Having stayed at most of the local hotels at some point, I am at loss to see why anyone would want to pay £200-£400 per night for a box, when you can stay at 196 Bishopsgate and get your own apartment for less! Spotlessly clean, and serviced daily, it's better than some hotels. There are plenty of resturants locally, a supermarket five doors up the road, and a pret a manger next door, which does a fantastic croissant and coffee with change for £5, really do you need anything else? Business travellers will like the free wifi.

Don't tell anyone though, or they will be fully booked all the time, and I will never be able to get a reservation last minute again ;-)

Room Tip: At the back, on top floor.... No traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business