“Fantastic apartment” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #443 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Fantastic apartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our family of four including a 19 And 16 year old just returned from our 5 day stay at the penthouse suite in this hotel. I was worried that the pics would not be a great representation of the hotel but they definitely were. So much space, the loft upstairs gave my teenagers a place of their own to unwind after a busy day sight seeing. We came home every eve to a wonderfully cleaned unit that smelt like cucumber cleaner. The service was great especially Anna at the front desk. If they weren't available to help immed, there was a notepad to write your query on and they got back to you ASAP. I wished the beds were not quite so hard and I had thought we booked two twins in the second bdrm but this was easily resolved with sheets, blankets, pillows for the very comfortable chose lounge in the loft.

Room Tip: Bring washcloths. Towels are supplied but no washcloths.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ali A, Guest Relations Manager at 196 Bishopsgate, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and also for taking time to share your experience on your last visit to 196 Bishopsgate on our TripAdvisor page.

I shall pass your positive feedback to the team especially Anna who looked after you and I shall look forward to welcoming you back to 196 Bishopsgate in the near future,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at 196 Bishopsgate with my wife and three children (twin 10 year olds and a 7 year old) and I have to say it was the perfect choice! We had two nice bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen, all for less than the price of two standard rooms at a "normal" hotel.

I was worried about the neighborhood at first, but it was great! Right in the heart of the financial district so always busy. We felt safe day and night. And the Liverpool Street station was central to everything.

After staying there, I can't imagine staying anywhere else in London with the family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ali A, Guest Relations Manager at 196 Bishopsgate, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for recommending us to the readers of this website. I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and everything that surrounds our property.

Thank you again for your kind comments and I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back at 196 Bishopsgate in the near future, should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for one night - often stay in the city and thought I would give this place a try - well the rooms were good sized - but aircon only in the lounge - and didnt feel like this was proper serviced apartment my definition of an apartment is do what you want - have a kitchen etc - I it felt a bit like a prison - I had some people come back for a drink in my room and was told visiting hours were over - never heard anything of the like - staff we friendly - place was clean - location good - price was high - wont be staying again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Extremely late night drinks or parties in the apartments is something we do not promote based on the consideration to other guest who maybe sleeping at the time.

I do hope you will give us another chance; I am sure from the majority of our guests’ comments that we can provide world class guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to 196 Bishiopsgate.

Kind Regards

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is great. The apartment we had was freshly decorated,had a full kitchen, a good comfy bed and everything you would need for a good time in London.
The price was very good too for what we got.
Across the road from Liverpool Street Station meant we arrived from a flight from NZ, took the train to Liverpool and walked a few yards into the hotel. We were able to check in early also which was greatly appreciated.

The staff were extremely efficient and friendly and looked after our bags after checkout
so we could spend some time before training to Stansted.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are of the same excellent quality
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words reviewing your stay at 196 Bishopsgate. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience; from the comfort of the apartment, the location of the property and the service you encountered.

I shall pass your positive feedback to the team who looked after you and I shall look forward to welcoming you back to 196 Bishopsgate in the near future,

canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose these serviced apartments based on previous reviews and knowledge of the surrounding area. Positives:The location is ideal for exploring London, the apartments are exceptionally clean with a very attentive housekeeping team. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment which was adequate for five of us (2 adults and 3 kids, one rollaway bed was necessary for one of the kids and was reportedly comfortable). Cost to stay here reasonable for its location and apartment style living compared to nearby hotels. What could work better: Kitchens could be stocked with more cooking utensils than currently provided, our apartment faced Liverpool St. windows on this side of the building should be triple glazed for noise reduction, transparency on full payment of apartments on arrival should be shared when booking, especially for guests from North America where generally this is not common practice. For an additional charge continental breakfast can be provided, unfortunately it was the same everyday, could be improved by changing or rotating breakfast items... maybe even provide a choice menu card for guest to select?,The reception staff on the whole were friendly however they could improve their customer service (and would have earned another star) if reception staff greeted guests as they walk past the front desk, simply looking up from the PC and eye contact would suffice... overall good value for money, spacious, clean and safe accommodation in an excellent location. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends and work colleagues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CanadaScot
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us, following on from your recent stay at 196 Bishopsgate Serviced Apartments.

We are constantly listening to our guest to improve or services here at 196 Bushopsgate. Rest asure that all your comments were past to the relevant department heads and will be looked into. I can promise you that your second stay with us would be twice as better that your first.

Wishing you all the best, and also looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind Regards

Cold Spring, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Apartment located in financial section of London. The apartment was clean and fully furnished with washer / dryer, frig, etc. Two problems. - The lift was broken the 5 days I was there. Our apartment was on the fifth floor so this was quite a burden on my wife. One would think the lift could have been fixed sooner. The apartment faced the street, but the windows would not fully close, so the noise was deaenfing. The street is quite active, with heavy pedestrian and vehicle traffic. A major train station is right across the street so traveling around the city was easy. Ther is also a food market close by, but no decent restaurants are to be found. Also the staff are not always around so you often have to wait to speak with someone. However, if the lift worked and the noise was easier to deal with, I would recommend Bishopsgate for families

Room Tip: Do not reserve a room facing the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by the lift being out of order, this was due to a part going faulty in the lift. It’s horrifying to me to hear that you had so many huddles throughout your stay. Were they reported to the reception?

Besides the lift everything could have been solved during your stay such as room changing you to a lower floor, or to a room that does not face the road etc.

I urge for a second opportunity to stay with us to rehabilitate your first views about us.

Regards

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I only stayed for 3 nights but was really pleased with the accommodation. The apartment was clean, spacious and comfortable (the sofa wasn't ideal but you don't generally spend a lot of time inside). As mentioned by other people, the location was fantastic for staying in the area or for seeing the sights in London. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ali A, Guest Relations Manager at 196 Bishopsgate, responded to this review, September 2, 2013