“Sleepless in London”

Ranked #934 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Minneapolis
“Sleepless in London”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Yes, the room is small, so what, it's Europe, all rooms are small get over it. I am not at all complaining about the size of the room.
I would like to let people know, this is not the place to stay if you want to SLEEP AT NIGHT. Thursday through Saturday the have a "night club" and by that I mean, hole in the basement... anyway, they have live music which is very loud and can be heard from every room in the hotel. Hmmm.... seems to me people check into a hotel for a place to SLEEP while on vacation/business travel. Other than the noise from the "night club" this is a fine place to stay.
Staff is 24 hours and friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RebeccaMinneapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Stayed for three nights. Weren't able to check into room when we arrived, rooms weren't cleaned yet. Once we checked into our room, we found stained carpets, moldy shower curtain, window that did not close so we had to fall asleep to the street noise. The breakfast was not appetizing at all and we chose not to eat it. The one thing the hotel as going for it, it is close to the Tube. We will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank webbeverly

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Great location -- The hotel is very close to Earl's Court tube station;
Friendly staff -- provided wake up calls and held on to luggage on the last day of stay.
The hotel is very small. It's difficult to maneuver a suitcase to the room; the rooms are tiny; the sheets were clean, but the carpets, walls, and furniture need some TLC.
The breakfast was ok. There was toast, jam, muesli, cereal, juice, cheese, and some type of ham, but only instant coffee was served.
It got a little noisy at night and the room was quite hot.
I would probably try to book a different hotel for my next visit to London. However, I would also consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank omglol
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I'm not sure about your experience in London but mine is that either you pay have of your salary and go to a decent place or you end up at some of the most crappy placed you'd ever have the chance to experince. So it was a nice surprise to find My Place hotel with its central location, its acceptable breakfast and its acceptable cleanliness, for not such a high price. The room was also big enough and staff were friendly. I'll definitively keep it in my list of possibilities when I visit London.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BauldelaPiquer
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay at.

We changed rooms four times due to abject filth, disrepair and unsafe fittings and fixtures throughout the hotel. The decor beyond the lobby area is tired and dated, with heavily stained carpets and walls. A sizeable proportion of these stains appeared to be of the bodily fluid variety, with dark brown/red flaky patches on walls and bedding.

The hideous drapes which appear all over the hotel were absolutely disgusting. Thick with dust and grime, if you attempt to draw them to access the barely functioning windows you are showered with a grey cloud of Icelandic proportions. For most of the stay I felt itchy and sneezy as a result of the lack of basic cleanliness. My husband and I slept fully clothed so as to minimise direct contact with the sheets which appeared crispy.

On each floor we visited we were appalled by the laissez-faire attitude to electrical safety, with wires being exposed and in many cases, hanging down from the numerous missing polystyrene tiles.

Can't comment on the breakfast as upon inspection we decided not to risk it. It all looked stale.

The evening receptionist was most helpful during our many room changes, although she admitted to being embarrassed by the state of the hotel. It seems that the management of this establishment are utterly disinterested in the feedback from both customers and staff. Either that or they are frankly delusional.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ConfusedAlice
Oakland, California
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed Aug 2010, Staff were helpful and Polite. Rooms were basic & Bathroom were fine
. Good base to explore London. did not have the hotel breakfast went to *bucks or the bakery
at earls court station or across the street. numerous markets, pubs & restaurants very
close to the hotel. we had a fine stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Dingy bedroom , badly stained carpet and torn lampshade , lacked any pride of appearance . However slept v well,minimum noise. Staff friendly and helpful . I was glad to leave .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business