See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I paid for a 3 night stay via booking.com. Was in a London for business and just wanted a quiet place to sleep, clean sheets and a hot shower. Not an overly demanding list. Check in was fine, got up to the room at 9pm and immediately got ready for bed

When I turned the lights out I discovered that the curtains had a gap of about 6-8 inches either side from the wall, and as my room window was below the hotel sign this gave a similar effect to, I imagine, a brothel window.

In the room next door and in the hall outside were screaming children

My window was single glazed and 1 storey above the busy junction outside. Honestly, the sound proofing was so non existent that I may as well have not had a window at all

I called to reception and asked to be moved rooms. Was told they would see what they could do. I called again after waiting for nearly and hour, again was told hold on. 49 mins later and this time no-one answers my calls.

Took a sleeping talent and grabbed a few hours sleep.

Next morning checked out and asked for a refund for the next 3 nights. Receptionist apologised for the man on reception the night before and said she was sorry but the owner ‘didn’t do refunds’

A month later and right enough, no refund ever appeared

Do yourself a favour- book somewhere else

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

I’ve just taken some photos to show you, words won’t do it justice. The pictures on booking.com look really nice and it said private bathroom. There was a toilet down the hall. I’m so glad I was there for one night I didn’t even want to go back to my room, was even considering sleeping in the van

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2019

We loved this area! Hyde park. Rows of beautiful old homes turned into Hotels! Row houses that are close to Paddington Station so you can get to and from Heathrow Airport as well as the Trains! Restaurants are within walking distance too.
Our room was small but efficient with TV, Coffee/Tea kettle, fan.
Breakfast room was nice with a TV and usual assortment of toast, cheese, cereal, yogurt and apples/oranges.
Restaurants are close by, within walking distance. We loved this peaceful area of Hyde park!

Room tip: No elevators/lifts so careful of stairs
Reviewed July 28, 2019

Arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a lady. She checked us in and gave us our room key. She agreed for us to park outside the hotel to drop our bag off, however stated if we would like to park outside the hotel it was £35 per 24hours, even though there was no parking - what I seen was a space next to a tree trunk!!
We were given our key to our room and this room was 14. When we opened the door, we were shocked that we were booked into a room just a little bigger than a bathroom!
The bed had no headboard, we had no dressing table, just a ledge with a fan on it! We walked around the bed to the large window to see our rooftop terrace! The curtains never hung correct and was off the rings. The bathroom was very small, but had a shower which was dirty, small sink that had a glass shelve over, the toilet, when you sat on the toilet your knees were against the wall and to get the toilet roll you had to to yoga to get this. The bedroom door should of been a fire door, however this was not one!
My Hubble states we only wanted to get our head down but I was not impressed if I’m honest.
We left the hotel to get out for the afternoon and park up the car for the weekend.
Once we returned later in the evening we asked for another pillow and the guy was happy to help us with this.
Sleeping at night with the rain coming down was difficult with the drain pipes on our rooftop terrace dripping all night!! After cleaning the shower myself before having a shower, I looked for the hairdryer and found this, no mirror near a plug to dry your hair, When we left our room to go for breakfast the stairs was leaking loads and the maintenance man was panicking as the rain was coming into the hotel like a tap was on !! Sheets everywhere mopping up the water or flood ?
So into breakfast - we were told the breakfast finish at 9.30am, we arrived to the basement at 9.15am for breakfast, my Hubble went to get us some juice to be greeted by a very rude lady pointing at a sign on the dresser door, this stated you have to sit down by 9.15am for breakfast, we looked at our watch and it was 9.17am at this point! We got up and went to walk out to have another lady run from the kitchen stating it was ok- we gave up at this point and left. Once back in reception the lady asked if all was ok and we told her what had happened, she looked at her watch or clock and was going to take us back down to the basement- No thank you !!
I would never ever stay at this disgusting hotel again when we could of got a Premier Inn for less money! We are not usually one’s to complain, but this was beyond basic!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Yes the room was very small, but I was looking for inexpensive accommodations near Paddington Station so I wasn't expecting luxury. The hotel was better than I expected. I stayed one day and the same clerk was at the desk whenever I entered or left my key. She knew my name and was pleasant and helpful.

The bed was comfortable. I was there during a heat wave and my ground floor room never got extremely warm. There was also a fan that I was able to plug in and use.

I felt I got my money's worth.

• Trip type: Traveled solo