“Definitely's got better options”

Lancaster Court Hotel
Ranked #932 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Ok you're in London and it's not that easy to find a cheap hotel to stay in however you can definitely find a better hotel at the same price that maybe isint in that prime location however a metro stop away.

There's no lift so you'll have to carry your bags up the stairs, the wifi's poor, the rooms are pretty small and really hot. The shower is outside the bathroom and the toilet's flushing is equipped with a shredder ... yes a shredder that sounds like you're being shot at with an ak-47.

Breakfast's poor and held in a very small room in the hotel's basement.

Anyways location's good with walking distance from Hyde Park, Marble Arch, Lancaster Gate, Oxford Street and Paddington Station

Will definitely look for alternatives next time I visit London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2013

location:

I cannot fault the location of the hotel; it was ideal for what we wanted.

It is situated just minutes from Paddington tube station, which is the one we used, but Lancaster Gate is also nearby. Me and hubby were down in London for the triathlon events in Hyde Park - the Park was only a few minutes walk away

The hotel has many cafe's and restaurants nearby.

Hotel:

breakfast: is advertised as a continental. What you get is a rack of toast [which you can get more of if you ask] and help yourself to tea/coffee/orange/cheese/ jams. It doesn't seem a great deal but I cannot complain as i don't generally eat a lot anyway so it did me.

rooms:

we were in room 54 which is on the 4th floor. There is no lift and my hubby had his bike so I was a bit worried about getting it up/down. But It worked ok; the bike thankfully was light. The receptionist, on the day we got there, did offer to move us the next day [they were fully booked on our arrival so couldn't do it then]. But we were ok being on the 4th floor so didn't press the matter.

There was tea/coffee making facilities/tv. The bed was comfortable; the sheets and towels were clean and changed daily.

we were advised that we were not en suite [some rooms were but some weren't. However when we first got to the room we found there was a shower cubicle in the corner of the room. My hubby used it once but said he wouldn't have again as the water was freezing. The nearest shower room to us was just opposite which we both used which was fine.

in general:

the staff were great, were really helpful/friendly

the hotel overall was ok, I would stay again but it could do with being renovated

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel is perfectly situated for exploring central London but that is the only positive I could find to say about this hotel - and I use the term hotel lightly, personally I would liken it to a hostel for the homeless! The room was shabby, small and had a shower in the room which wasn't partitioned off for privacy (just as well me and my pal who I shared the room with know each other very well!). There are fourty rooms in the hotel and I could only find two toilets to service everyone, and the toilets were dirty and shabby. The breakfast was mis sold as Continental when there was only toast on offer and a communal pot of stewed tea - yuk! I would advise if you are on a tight budget and are looking for value for money try a travel inn/lodge/premier inn as they offer much better value.

Room Tip: Just don't go here full stop!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Claire C
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed all over the country and this is the worst place I've ever stayed. Everything is really really basic ie ripped wallpaper, rotten windows - I could fit my finger right inside. Electric socket was dangerous, needs proper electrician and hse inspection.
To say you get breakfast is embarrassing - white bread toast only with jam, with rank tea/coffee - you'd get better in prison.
It was laughable, no wonder they wanted you to pay up front.
Good points - hot shower, cleanish and close to hyde park and paddington station.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank John A
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Quite simply, DONT STAY HERE?, im not a fussy person, but this place is absolutely awful, my girlfriend and i travelled from Aberdeen, to see the proms at the park, and being canny aberdonians, we took a chance at the reasonable price for a hotel in a nice and advantageous location, arrived and left within an hour, horrible tin shower cublicle in the room, dingy surroundings and a climb up to the fourth/fifth floor, was the final nail in the coffin for this "hotel"? its such a shame because this has a nice facade, and in wonderful location, but enter at your own risk and i urge you to rethink before booking, The reception lad was pleasant and simply said "you get what you pay for", well its up to us not to pay at all! Simply DONT GO and line someones pockets for no effort in customer satisfaction, try around the corner and stay at either the Lancaster - Best Western or the Corus, only a bit more expensive but increase your enjoyment of your stay 10 FOLD... really consider or just dont consider this place

Room Tip: Another Hotel - Another Room!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jim S
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was awful, myself and my brother traveled from N.Wales for the Radio 2 Hyde Park gig.
We arrived at the hotel and a guest was complaining about exposed wires on a hairdryer that didn't bode well. We were given a twin room which was 4 floors with no lift, ok we're are relatively fit but would have been an issue for a family or older people.
The room was shoddy with rotted windows, aged and damaged decor, cracked mirror and tiny bathroom with shower cubicle. The electrics were appalling with a loose double socket that we didn't want to use and wouldn't work when 2 appliances were plugged in.
The breakfast ( what breakfast?) was a round of toast and stewed tea or coffee on a stove with selection of jams. Luckily we had a great time at the event and didn't need to be in there very much. Word of warning if you do stay here they will want paying up front!!! - Avoid, avoid, avoid

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends