Lancaster Court Hotel
  • Free Internet
Rhodes Hotel(London)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Guy on reception very nice, very friendly cannot fault him. Location excellent for tube etc., room poor, breakfast ok at best, price way too much for this standard of hotel. Wouldn't go here again, there are much better and cheaper hotels on the same road, try them first.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ennarr
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good day!
Lived in two rooms. Everything was fine the first two days.
On the third day found the missing women's pajamas, reported this to the reception.
At the reception promised to quickly fix the problem and was told that the next day everything will be okay.
The next evening found the room after cleaning has remained open.
Anything else was stolen or not, I do not know, because have been with a child and had a lot of of things.
The next day at the reception all avoided us and if we could catch someone from administration - they promised to solve "us" problems a the next day.
The day before departure was asked about the status of the situation - again promised to solve all the next day! We called the police, after the police arrived, all at the reception said that we threatened them, promised to break the laptop, TV and telephone.
Pajamas have not returned.
Also very frustrated ebery morning breakfast, other than croissants and cheese - nothing.
Cleaned every day, but never changed the bed and towels, although every day asking about it.
Highly recommend you to avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Navyice
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is a great budget hotel. You are right that it is neither the best appointed, and not the most accessible. However this is priced along the same level as hostel accommodation and for the central location it is a terrific price.

The staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

As most reviewers have said about this hotel, it is a horrible experience. Of all the hotel options available in London, this has to be among the worst. The location is great - near a tube stop, shops, restaurants, and sights. BUT SO ARE HUNDREDS OF OTHER HOTELS!! DON'T STAY HERE! It's not safe (if you are traveling along or with children); it is not clean, and it has a foul smell throughout; there are no amenities. TV didn't work. Heat didn't work. Door lock didn't work, and the wall between the bedroom and the bath was see-thru (glass). The staff was friendly enough, but they are not hoteliers. The hospitality industry is NOT THEIR CALLING. IF YOU STAY THERE, THAT'S YOUR CALL, BUT EXPECT NOTHING. It was a shame and waste of good real estate in central London. On the upside - it encouraged us to spend as much time out of the hotel as possible enjoying all that London has to offer! It would have just been nice to go back to a room that had a shower with a soap dish and someplace to place the shampoo except on the floor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SteveAustin1978
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was somehow a bit At first, I was somehow a bit worried as I only saw all the bad reviews after I actually booked this hotel. Anyways, the location was the most important for me, so I thought I would give it a try. Believe me, it was a great hotel in the end…

I arrived on Friday 1st of February at 6.00 am. I thought I would be too early to do the check-in and that they would certainly send me away. They didn’t. The gentleman at the reception was very nice and welcoming. He obviously confirmed that it was too early to check-in, but suggested me to watch some TV in room 41 during this time (as the person in that room just left and the cleaning lady would not pass by before 11.00 am). He said: “It is dark and raining outside, I cannot send you away”. Room 41, had a double bed with shower, toilets and TV. Even though it hadn’t been cleaned yet, it was looking neat and new. There was no mould in the shower, it was warm and the mattress was comfortable. Later around 11.00, I went back to the reception and they told me I could get in my room as from 2.00p.m. I then was offered to leave my luggage in their luggage room and left to have lunch during this time. When I came back to the hotel, I was given room 25. Once again everything was fine with this room. It had 2 single beds, a brand new shower with a glass door and a fancy shower head. There was also a TV, a small sink and a balcony. I slept in this room for 2 nights. The mattresses were very comfortable and felt new too. It was definitely warm enough, as I could sleep with the window open on the first night and I wasn’t disturbed by any noise. My room did not have a toilet as I booked without it. I therefore had to use the common ones in the corridor which were absolutely fine too. Unfortunately, I cannot say anything about the breakfast. I missed it on both mornings. I guess the mattress was definitely too comfortable. I also cannot really agree with the negative review I read on the stairs. I do understand that it would be better with a lift, but honestly I did not find it necessary. I climbed all 4 floors within 2 minutes and I am not an Olympics contestant or something. Finally, as everybody else said, the location of this hotel was absolutely amazing. It is 5 minutes away from Lancaster Gate and about 7 minutes away from Paddington Station. It is very central, but still a quiet area to be able to sleep. Before I left, I actually mentioned to the staff that I was surprised to see some many bad reviews online and they confessed they are currently “working on it”. I suspect they changed the mattresses and showers recently…

Room Tip: I think you can save a few pounds by booking without the toilet inside the room. The common ones are absotuly fine...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo