Review Highlights
‘Push the Boat Out’- Introduction to Windsurfing, Paddleboarding, Kayaking and Sailing

Reviewed August 5, 2018
atownsend13209
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Brilliant venue for childrens party

Brilliant venue for children's birthday party. Plenty of space for the children to run about. We... read more

Reviewed March 17, 2018
Mark D
London, United Kingdom

All reviews rya skiing kayaking instructor boat
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

My 8 year old, along with her friends, attended the taster day in May. For £10 the children could try out the 4x Water sports. I wasn’t sure what to expect but the day was FANTASTIC.
The staff were patient with the children, very knowledgable and I felt completely at ease when they took the children off across the water.
The children were taught the basics and then the instructors played some fun games whilst still on the water.
I wasn’t sure how long the session might be as it was a drop-in but the kids ended up staying out all day. Elated but exhausted by the end of it!
They loved it so much, we’ve booked them all into the Summer Holiday activity week. Another accessible, inclusive programme of water sport which giving living in London, is an amazing provision.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Thursday the 21st of June, went down for the 'Open Session'. Travelled from South London, made an effort to get out of work early.
Only to get there after a 50 minute journey they've given the whole center to a group of 150 dragon boaters who apparently came down "last minute".
Seriously?
150 people with branded kit, with organisers, catering, music, marshall etc all just happened to descend "last minute"?
Totally inconsiderate of the center to advertise their open session on their calendar and then not offer it.

Simon C, Chief Instructor at Docklands Sailing & Watersports Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Hi KingsmanRob,

First of all I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that we caused you.

On Thursday 21st June we were holding an exclusive corporate dragon boating event. As a charity we rely on events such as these to sustain the Centre and try to keep our prices to a minimum. When an exclusive event is taking place, we make a note on our public calendar to say the the Centre will be closed. This usually only happens once or twice a year. On this occasion there was an admin error, and it was not marked on our calendar, it was fully our fault and again apologise that you traveled a long distance to get to us.

I'm not sure who informed you that it was a last minute thing, as they book with us annually, so it would not have been a member of our staff. Again, it was not a deliberate mistake on our side, but we apologise again.

If you would like to take us up on an offer of attending a free Open Session, then please let me know.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We also organized for a bouncy castle and soft play area. Plenty of chairs and tables available. Lots of opportunity to decorate. Bar was available for parents to take advantage of. Very friendly and helpful bar man -- thank you! Warm on a cold day. Parking readily available.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I just finished my RYA level 2 course here and had a great time. Loads of time on the water and instructors really knew their stuff. Facilities were great and location really convenient. Thanks to Dan, Iona and Jill for your patience!!

Reviewed August 4, 2017

An absolutely amazing experience!! The Events Co-ordinator was able to cater for our every need, from the decor to menu choices from the BBQ, everyting was designed to our taste and delivered with perfection. All staff were friendly, professional and attentive. We hired the Marquee which made the venue look absolutely stunning, all of our guests commented on how pretty the venue looked. I cannot recommend the Sailing Centre enough! If you want a London Wedding at an affordable price, you will not be let down choosing this as your venue. We loved every minute and will definitely use the venue again!

1  Thank TizR3
Reviewed May 26, 2017

I have been there many times, sailed with my children, had my sons 10th Birthday party there and brought clients for the evening events. The membership is worth while and the youth programme is amazing.

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

The Docklands Sailing Club is situated on the one of Canary Wharf's Best Docks Millwall outer Dock and has the moist picturesque views of all . It is substantially big and well kept place for Sailing & Watersport's . It is rated one of the most popular in Central London. It is run by trust charity and is for any age . It offers RYA Levels 1-4 Basic Skills and and better Sailing also windsurfing and kayaking.
They are seasonal competition held and also the famous Dragon Boat annual event . The club is free to join but the courses are payed according .
Must visit place spectacular views and great opportunities for adults and children to do some Sailing for fun too .
Get there and enjoy

Reviewed October 11, 2016

We had a party here for our daughter's christening/1st birthday. The venue were amazing, great staff, brilliant food and a real nice feel to the place. Can not recommend DSWC highly enough. Will def be using again for any family events.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

wandered by; saw a little advertising board for 'The Island'; checked it out. Has a pleasant, out-of-the-way bar upstairs that overlooks sailing facilities. great spot. Sunday roast really nice; massive portions; well stocked bar; friendly people; family-/kid-friendly.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

We had our Wedding ceremony, breakfast and evening reception all at the DSWC. The whole day was organised by the centre, The decoration, food (both seated 3 course meal & evening buffet) and attentiveness of staff were all excellent. All in all my husband and I couldn't have imagined just how well our day would turn out and we only had very positive comments from all our guest.