First of all, if you are reading this and already booked your room, I'm going to tell you EXACTLY how to get here from Victoria Station. They should put these directions on the hotel website, hint hint. Victoria Station is HUGE and this will save you a lot of time. When you exit the Underground, look for the arrows pointing to Buses, Taxis, & National Rail. When you get "upstairs" into the main station, look for the black line on the floor that says "Taxi rank" and "passport office" (also, the toilets). Go that way. When you get to the street, go right. You will see a Doubletree Inn across the street. Walk to the top of the street til you see St. George Tavern. Comfort Inn is on the same side of the street as the tavern, to the left of it. Directly next door is a cafe called Treats. And there you are!
The hotel itself is perfectly average to all of the budget hotels I've stayed in other places in Europe. No better, no worse. Please do not expect North American accommodations. This seemed to be a common problem among the guests and I'm not sure why as most of them were European, but I digress. The walls are terribly thin. I was awakened every morning by the sound of shrieking children that sounded like they were IN my room, but hey, you shouldn't be sleeping in anyway. The breakfast was entirely adequate and complimentary. The location is GREAT, once you figure out exactly how to get there from Victoria, and you can walk all over Westminster from the hotel as well.
I want to especially point out the staff, who seemed a bit stressed but who were very pleasant and helpful to me. The room could have been slightly cleaner (everything seemed like it needed a good wiping-down) and the beds need replacing soon, but that's the only complaint I have that the staff has control over. Old buildings, thin walls. Get up early and go exploring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Victoria. We are ideally situated in the heart of London just behind Victoria train station. Whether in London for business or pleasure we are sure we can accommodate all of your travelling needs. Our hotel is just a few minutes walk from Victoria underground, train, and coach stations. As well as being conveniently situated for your travelling needs, Comfort Inn Victoria is also very near many of London's main historical and cultural attractions. Our friendly staff is here 24 hours a day to help you with any queries you may have to make you stay with us as pleasant as possible. On behalf of the team at comfort Inn Victoria, we are looking forward to seeing you in the future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn London - Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel London
- Victoria Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn London - Victoria England
- London Comfort Inn