“Location Location Location”

Comfort Inn London - Victoria
Ranked #706 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

One block from Victoria Station, pretty good restaurants a couple of blocks away and a good price. I got a room in the basement that was small but clean, safe, and good for the price. Location couldn't be beat.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jblacklville
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Jblacklville,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad to know you liked the hotel and enjoyed the location perks. Victoria area has so many famous pubs and restaurants where you can have a perfect day out with family and friends. Whenever In future you need information or directions there is a dedicated team at the reception always available to guide you around with complimentary maps and sightseeing arrangement facilities.

Hope to see you soon!!
Abida.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found this hotel to be smaller than it appeared in the web photos, but if you only need a bed, a place to store your luggage, and a bite for breakfast, it's quite reasonabe. Clean? I think it is, though it certainly doesn't sparkle. My room near the breakfast room had a musty smell.
The hotel seemed to me to be more like a well-kept college/university dormitory. Very much a travelers hotel, nothing more, or less.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Victoria on your recent visit to London.
It seems you did not have a memorable experience staying with us. We apologise if the hotel hasn’t fulfilled your expectations. Please note that your feedback has been forwarded to the concerned department. It’s great to read positive reviews, but we also appreciate negative feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve any areas of concern.

Hopefully you will not leave it too long before you make a return visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Friendly staff, comfortable stay,decent breakfast, great location. What else do you want for that price. 2 minutes from Victoria Station, Gatwick express. With a decent pub across the road from it and the passport office just in case you have a last minute requirement.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We’re thrilled to know about your memorable experience at Comfort Inn Victoria. We very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in near future. Please feel free to contact us on your next visit to London.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hotel is very basic, but very good located- just few minutes by walk from Victoria station. When you discover correct exit, you will realize that hotel is just 100m away.
Have to notice that rooms are much smaller than on photos. For the price that we paid, size is ok, but would expect more realistic photos on web. Staff is friendly.
Breakfast is very poor- there is even no regular bread (Only toast).
Bed is very very comfortable, best that I tried (traveling at least 10 times a year)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sara_DZ17

Dear Sara,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We’re delighted to read that you overall had a great stay at Comfort Inn Victoria. We’re sorry for the not so memorable breakfast experience you had. We will certainly convey your message to the concern department. In regards to your comment on the website photos and reality, please note that we would never think of deceiving the viewers or anything of that sort as brand image and guest satisfaction is our utmost priority. However, we appreciate your valuable feedback and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconveniences faced during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just home from a trip to London and stayed at this hotel on Saturday 19th Jan for one night. Myself and two friends booked a triple room for a very good price, and don't have a bad word to say about this place! Perfect location, literally three minute walk from tube station. Room wasn't the biggest for three people, but had 2 singles and one double, but was very comfortable. Continental Breakfast was such a refreshing change from the usual fry in other hotels, ... boiled eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, juice and fruit was a great start to the day.. And another big bonus was being able to leave your bags in before check in and after check out.. Will definitely stay here next time visiting London!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank the_cat63

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments and your valued feedback following your recent stay. We’re thrilled to know you had a brilliant experience with us and found the location convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I do not judge a hotel for its attributes or its price independently: I always ask myself if I am getting value for money. Yes, over the years I have stayed in more luxurious hotels in London - at a price to match! I have also gone to hotels that are in the same price bracket, but dire. I was absolutely delighted with my stay at this hotel (despite some misgivings the day before arrival when I read some of the reviews). The room was clean and bright and [being a de-luxe double] had some welcome extras. I was just looking for a one-night stay on this occasion having met a friend arriving at Victoria bus station and we simply wanted a night and the following day to see some sights. We were able to leave our luggage at the hotel for our full day in London - no charge unlike those places always charging for services. The breakfast was served early so no delays in getting out for the day. I asked to see the manager - it was only to thank him - and he immediately presented himself without knowing it was for praise, not damnation. I am planning a longer trip to London soon and will book here even though I shall not need this hotel's highly convenient location for Victoria bus, rail and tube stations. I am always quick to grumble when service is poor; on this occasion I can only say, WELL DONE!

Room Tip: I can believe that noise may be a problem for some so why not mention a sleeping problem to receptio...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike l
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Mike,

Thank you for writing a great review and recommending us on TripAdvisor. We’re thrilled to know you had an excellent experience at Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel. Your compliments have been conveyed to the General Manager and the staff. Your generous review has made us quite a happy bunch! We're all determined to keep that up and not let those stars slip! Our staff members take their roles seriously and try to provide maximum guest satisfaction.

We’d be so happy to have you back soon. Please inform us in advance so we can make some arrangements!!

Looking forward to hear from you..
Best wishes,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Comfort Inn Victoria is in a great location! Easy access to Victoria Station and walking distance to many of the attractions the Belgravia area has to offer. If you don't mind walking, there is quite a lot within a mile or two.

The Breakfast offerings included: Canned mixed fruit, hard boiled eggs, an assortment of pastries and cereals. This was good for me, since I have gluten intolerance.

The down-side is that it didn't seem very clean and on several occasions I had to ask for a top-sheet for my bed. But, they were very accommodating when I made my requests and when I showed up several hours before check-in time, since my room was ready, they let me get settled in - this was great after the long over-night flight.

Travelers from the US need to remember that we have a different idea of size - land space is not an issue for us. The room I was in had a double bed and was quite spacious. If people are traveling for a week, I think there would be enough space for two people.

I can't comment on the value, since I received a discount through Orbitz - though I suspect I wouldn't have wanted to pay the regular price for this place.

Room Tip: The hotel is right on Belgrave Road. This is a very busy street at all hours, so if you get one of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear J B,

Thank you for a wonderful detailed review. It was nice to know you had a good time with us and found the location convenient like most of our guests do.

We regret to know that the cleanliness didn't meet your standard. The rooms are cleaned on daily basis by a dedicated housekeeping staff. However 'thank you' for indicating our shortcomings. We will do our best to improve in order to serve our guests better in the future.

One again, thank you for your feedback, hopefully we can welcome you again!