“Good location, ok for staying 2-3 days” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn London - Victoria

Comfort Inn London - Victoria
Ranked #659 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Kastela, Croatia
“Good location, ok for staying 2-3 days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hotel is very basic, but very good located- just few minutes by walk from Victoria station. When you discover correct exit, you will realize that hotel is just 100m away.
Have to notice that rooms are much smaller than on photos. For the price that we paid, size is ok, but would expect more realistic photos on web. Staff is friendly.
Breakfast is very poor- there is even no regular bread (Only toast).
Bed is very very comfortable, best that I tried (traveling at least 10 times a year)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sara_DZ17
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Sara,

Thank you for taking out the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We’re delighted to read that you overall had a great stay at Comfort Inn Victoria. We’re sorry for the not so memorable breakfast experience you had. We will certainly convey your message to the concern department. In regards to your comment on the website photos and reality, please note that we would never think of deceiving the viewers or anything of that sort as brand image and guest satisfaction is our utmost priority. However, we appreciate your valuable feedback and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconveniences faced during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in near future.
Abida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Just home from a trip to London and stayed at this hotel on Saturday 19th Jan for one night. Myself and two friends booked a triple room for a very good price, and don't have a bad word to say about this place! Perfect location, literally three minute walk from tube station. Room wasn't the biggest for three people, but had 2 singles and one double, but was very comfortable. Continental Breakfast was such a refreshing change from the usual fry in other hotels, ... boiled eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, juice and fruit was a great start to the day.. And another big bonus was being able to leave your bags in before check in and after check out.. Will definitely stay here next time visiting London!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank the_cat63
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliments and your valued feedback following your recent stay. We’re thrilled to know you had a brilliant experience with us and found the location convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back in future.
Warm regards,
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I do not judge a hotel for its attributes or its price independently: I always ask myself if I am getting value for money. Yes, over the years I have stayed in more luxurious hotels in London - at a price to match! I have also gone to hotels that are in the same price bracket, but dire. I was absolutely delighted with my stay at this hotel (despite some misgivings the day before arrival when I read some of the reviews). The room was clean and bright and [being a de-luxe double] had some welcome extras. I was just looking for a one-night stay on this occasion having met a friend arriving at Victoria bus station and we simply wanted a night and the following day to see some sights. We were able to leave our luggage at the hotel for our full day in London - no charge unlike those places always charging for services. The breakfast was served early so no delays in getting out for the day. I asked to see the manager - it was only to thank him - and he immediately presented himself without knowing it was for praise, not damnation. I am planning a longer trip to London soon and will book here even though I shall not need this hotel's highly convenient location for Victoria bus, rail and tube stations. I am always quick to grumble when service is poor; on this occasion I can only say, WELL DONE!

Room Tip: I can believe that noise may be a problem for some so why not mention a sleeping problem to receptio...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mike l
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you for writing a great review and recommending us on TripAdvisor. We’re thrilled to know you had an excellent experience at Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel. Your compliments have been conveyed to the General Manager and the staff. Your generous review has made us quite a happy bunch! We're all determined to keep that up and not let those stars slip! Our staff members take their roles seriously and try to provide maximum guest satisfaction.

We’d be so happy to have you back soon. Please inform us in advance so we can make some arrangements!!

Looking forward to hear from you..
Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Comfort Inn Victoria is in a great location! Easy access to Victoria Station and walking distance to many of the attractions the Belgravia area has to offer. If you don't mind walking, there is quite a lot within a mile or two.

The Breakfast offerings included: Canned mixed fruit, hard boiled eggs, an assortment of pastries and cereals. This was good for me, since I have gluten intolerance.

The down-side is that it didn't seem very clean and on several occasions I had to ask for a top-sheet for my bed. But, they were very accommodating when I made my requests and when I showed up several hours before check-in time, since my room was ready, they let me get settled in - this was great after the long over-night flight.

Travelers from the US need to remember that we have a different idea of size - land space is not an issue for us. The room I was in had a double bed and was quite spacious. If people are traveling for a week, I think there would be enough space for two people.

I can't comment on the value, since I received a discount through Orbitz - though I suspect I wouldn't have wanted to pay the regular price for this place.

Room Tip: The hotel is right on Belgrave Road. This is a very busy street at all hours, so if you get one of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear J B,

Thank you for a wonderful detailed review. It was nice to know you had a good time with us and found the location convenient like most of our guests do.

We regret to know that the cleanliness didn't meet your standard. The rooms are cleaned on daily basis by a dedicated housekeeping staff. However 'thank you' for indicating our shortcomings. We will do our best to improve in order to serve our guests better in the future.

One again, thank you for your feedback, hopefully we can welcome you again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We came across this hotel when we walked the length of Belgrave Road looking for somewhere to stay after finding that our original hotel was the pits (quite literally- see my other review). Luckily the Comfort Inn had an apprioate family room for us at a good rate. It was a great size, very clean and comfortable. The Manager was very helpful and professional. The breakfast was good value and we would stay here again as location and proximity to Victoria was fab. They looked after our luggage after check out so we didn't have to lug the cases around all day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stazwoz
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Stazwoz,

Thank you for appreciating what we offered during your stay and sharing your experience with all of us!!

I am delighted to learn we were able to secure a pleasant and comfortable stay for you in London. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the manager and the team at Comfort Inn Victoria.

I hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future.
Syria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is proximity to train and tube station. Good restaurant selection nearby. Some theatres. Generally quite rooms.

I arrived very late and the room was ready on arrival. The check-in and check-out processes were both very quick. Breakfast was very simple with only cold selections. The shower was good. TV didn’t work, but as my stay was very short I didn’t bother to ask for it to be fixed! All in all, it was an OK experience. I needed a bed and a shower and I got it at good quality.

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchenettes. I got one facing the back and was very quite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Damas,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Comfort Inn Victoria.

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our location and hospitality. We are indeed located at a very convenient spot in Central London. I’m sorry to hear the room amenities were not up to date; at times the TV has to be tuned. We'll make sure we don't miss the mark next time...

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Overall this hotel is very good. I got a very good deal on room rate and was very impressed by the standard of my room.

The rooms a bright and fairly modern. Everything you need for a few nights away. (I was on business) Good cleanliness. Very quiet during the night.

Only down sides were - wireless signal intermittent and cold shower on one morning.

Reception - was friendly and efficient. Arranged late check in - no problem.

Breakfast room seemed to be a bit small and cramped - it seemed like a much better idea to find somewhere else nearby for the same money.

The location of this hotel was very good - 5 minute walk from Victoria Station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure serving you and we’re glad to know your experience with Comfort Inn Victoria was overall good.

Thank you for appreciating the hotel amenities including the customer service we offer. Our aim is to provide high quality service as the hotel very name suggests. So far the feedback from our customers regarding the newly constructed breakfast room has been highly positive. However we take note of your comments about its limitations. We apologize for the cold water and poor internet signal issues. The reception service is always a phone call away to fix any type of problem.
Once again thank you for a detailed review and sorry for the inconveniences you faced. We hope to see you soon in near future.