Comfort Inn London - Victoria
$279
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$157
$125
$459
$444
1,096 results
All reviewscoach stationpassport officegreat locationboiled eggsbuckingham palacecontinental breakfastluggage roomtriple roomcentral locationwould stay againtea coffeestayed here for one nightfew minutes walkbig beninns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This hotel has tiny rooms, but if you're in town for sightseeing, not pampering, it's fine! It's only a couple of blocks from Victoria Rail Station as well as the bus and coach stations. This rail station is old, so if you can't do steps with your luggage, don't come into Victoria! Be sure to exit the station onto Eccleston St.(Exit 5 - there is an escalator there) and go left to get the shortest walk. The hotel included breakfast that was beyond the basic continental one. The staff was quite helpful. If you're a Choice Privileges member, internet use is free.

Room Tip: Our room was streetside, but not too noisy by bedtime.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rseick
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed here in late Sep 2011. Room was clean and comfortable but very small, not unusual for European hotels. We could not fit our two bags into the room without some rearrangement of the furniture (desk and chair)and the open wardrobe was too small to fir an average luggage case into.
That said the location was great very close to Victoria Station and the breakfast was abve average. The staff were helpful. I would stay here again but a little more thought into the room layout would be a welcome improvement.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn R
Amber V, Sales & Marketing Manager at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Victoria. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. You will be glad to hear that refurbishment of rooms is one our priority list for our planned refurbishment work for 2012.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I booked this hotel more than two month in advance for a short trip to London. The only good thing about the hotel is the location, other than that, was the worst hotel experience ever had. First of all, the room was in the basement and that was not at all advertised or marked in any way with Expedia. The window was facing an outside wall and couldn’t be opened more than 12 inches, so no air could enter the room. The AC unit filter was probably clogged and unchanged because a horrible smell flooded the room when we turned on in our attempt to ventilate the chamber. My kid and my wife wanted to go somewhere else but it was very late in the night and we already have paid $380.00 for two nights. The toilet wasn’t flushing but somehow after 10-20 times trying fixed itself. The TV had only 5 channels with extremely bad reception! Unbelievable! We asked the receptionist to change our room immediately and he told us in the morning they will take care of that. Of course nothing was available in the morning, so we were stuck in the basement with the horrible smell for another night. We actually slept with the window opened so we could breathe some fresh air. I really do not understand how the chain Choice Hotels could accept such kind of hotel in their network. I had good experience with this chain throughout US but this time I was really disappointed. The only advice I can have for the reader is to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gabriel_Texas
Amber V, Sales & Marketing Manager at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to write your review. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to convey your constructive comments as it is very helpful in identifying our weaknesses and the areas our guest feel that we have fallen short.

The window locks on the floors are to prevent guests (especially children) from falling so these should conform to safety regulations and very much in line with what other hotels do.

However, I am very concerned about the other issues raised in your review. I am not aware of your complaint being reported to Management. Unfortunately, I am unable to trace any e-mail communication to the hotel. We also tried to contact you but failed to get in touch.

Please kindly give me an opportunity to look into your complaint as we take such allegations seriously. My contact details: amber.virani@4chotels.co.uk. Tel: 0207 233 6636.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Good base very near to Victoria coach station and train station. Although room was small, it had just been refurbished to a high standard and was very clean. Staff were very helpful particularly reception staff. Ideal if just using room as a base to explore. Close to Buckingham Palace and other sights.

As near to train station, noise of trains is slightly noticeable but after a day's sight seeing you are too tired to notice that much!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Inn Victoria while visiting London. Also for taking the time to write your review, it is great to hear our guests feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2011

The worst hotel expirience ever. I have stayed in Choice Hotels in US, but this one is just horrible.
We have this honor to land in a basement. The room was dirty and dusty. TV with only 5 channels. The worst thing was smell of mold. We need to open window for whole night to be able to sleep. Fortunatelly the bed sheets where clean and fresh (I think).
I will never go back to this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Stay away that is the best advice I can give
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paolo7212

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies again and I hope you are satisfied with our response and action taken on your feedback. As mentioned earlier it is never too late to report an issue with your room. It is our job to accommodate our guests if they are not satisfied with their rooms. I hope that on your next visit to London you will give our hotel another chance. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Kind Regards