“As always.....it is like coming back home”
Review of Beaufort House

Beaufort House
Ranked #92 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Lima, Peru
“As always.....it is like coming back home”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We'll never stop praising enough The Beaufort ! this is our 4th stay here in the last year and we love to come ! everytime we come things get better since the staff knows us and they are so nice and helpful. The apartments are great, modern, clean, spotless and the location can't be better. This is our home in London...hate to leave and can't wait to be back in some weeks...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank patriciaDubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Stratford upon Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I booked a stay of 1 night on the 20th November for my wife and daughter to spend a day Christmas shopping in London. During the booking process the screen went blank for around 30 seconds and I thought that their system had crashed, however the screen came back and I entered my credit card details and booked the room. This was at around 10.20 in the evening on the 10th October - the following morning I was surprised to receive a voicemail left just before midnight from Beaufort House querying whether I would be arriving that day! I immediately called them and apparently their system had booked the accommodation for the night of the 10th November -the day I made the booking!

I explained the problem but they informed me that they would be keeping my money (£309.61).

I sent an email explaining exactly what happened with their system and that there was no way I could have genuinely wanted a room for the same day - especially as the reservation was made at 10.20pm with a baby cot and arrival at 2.00pm!

They still refused to move the booking to the correct date and have kept my money whilst obviously incurring no cost.

I have now made an alternative booking with another hotel for our stay and I am trying to recover my money from the credit card company - who were surprised that their merchant had behaved in this way.

Beware....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
15 Thank TimandLindsey
JuanBaeza, Manager at Beaufort House, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Beaufort House has a trusted booking system embedded on our webpage used by 60,000 hotels worldwide. The booking process first ask you to choose the dates of your stay, secondly confirms your booking details and informs of our Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy. The third step on the booking procedure is for clients to enter their credit card details. Finally the booking is confirmed and sends an automatic e-mail with details of the reservation.

Your arrival date was not the 20th, as per your review, but the 10th November. You fail to arrive on the arrival date and therefore we charged a cancellation fee. The next day to your arrival, you contacted the hotel to suggest that the problem had not been on your side but on the booking system. Your communication with the staff was most haughty. Subsequently you threaten us on an e-mail with bad reviews on Tripadvisor if we did not erase the cancellation charge applied as a consequence for your non arrival. We decided to stand by our principles and not to be intimidated. We are confident the reader will see through the rest of reviews how Beaufort House prides itself for their good commercial practices and excellent service.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Me and my Boyfriend Stayed overnight at Beaufort House for a special occasion and must say it was a fantastic apartment and worth it! We stayed in the Excecutive One Bedroom which was in the basement, but the patio and spacious room made it all very comfortable and bright! The staff and Managment where very friendly and helpfull with an early check in and late checkout with out no charge! They accomodated every request i had with no problem. A friendly Housekeepers smile in the corridor to a bubbly receptionist to welcome is a luxury hard to find in London these days! So well done Beaufort house for good customer service. The rooms are beautifullu decotaed and the standards are high. The two bathroom came as a pleasant surprise to me and my boyfriend. I cannot say enough, apart from please try it out! It is a must do and is so much better than ahotel room.... The experience is worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meen77
UK
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Myself, my 16 year old daughter, my 30+ year old neice and my elderly mother stayed here for a long weekend. We chose Beaufort House as we wanted somewhere we could chill after our theatre and dinner trips in the evenings. It was absolutely perfect, a real home from home and a good price considering the location.

We had a great time from the moment we arrived to find we had been upgraded to a three bedroomed apartment. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. The weather was terrific enabling us to make use of the sun drenched balcony for champagne breakfasts, overlooking the gorgeous Regency houses lining the road.

The apartment was very well equipped making it ideal for longer stays, though we were out and about and didn't really utilise the facilities, including the the lovely dining room. The bedrooms had lots of wardrobe space, the views from these rooms weren't great but who cares when the beds were so comfortable and we all slept like logs, it was so quiet, I don't know if there were any other guests staying on our floor. It would have been nice to find time to make use of the spa. Maybe next time.

We wil definitely return for our next trip to London. I also intend to book into one of the smaller units on a trip down with my husband as the location is so great, nice quiet street but really close to lots of shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Gr8AJ
Calgary
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We are family of four - including two adult daughters.

We wanted something spacious enough to feel "homey" for an extended stay in London -- with separate bed rooms for our daughters. We also didn't want to have to eat out for every meal -- so we wanted a proper kitchen. Beaufort House was a great fit for our needs.

We had a three bedroom executive suite -- which had plenty of room including a nice family room, a dining room, a kitchen and two and a half first rate bathrooms.

The suite was very clean and comfortable -- and everything worked.

The kitchen was a little tight -- but had everything we needed to prepare full meals for the four of us. There is a M&S food store just around the corner which is very convenient for buying groceries.

There was also a combination clothes washer/dryer in the kitchen. It worked well -- and saved us a lot of packing. We just washed some clothes every few days.

The suite included a free internet -- both wired and wireless -- that worked very well.

The location was excellent. We had some great restaurants, shops, parks and museums within easy walking distance. We also had a tube station nearby. The girls quicky got used to coming and going on their own.

Included with the suite is access to a fitness facility about five minutes away. This is a first class facility with fitness machines and a swimming pool. We used it a lot to burn off all the "clotted cream" we were eating!

The staff were very friendly -- and helpful. We got plenty of help with our bags -- without having to ask for it.

The only complaint we have is that the heating/cooling units in the bedrooms are a little noisy for sleeping. So -- we just turned them off at night which didn't seem to effect the temperature very much. Otherwise, the location is very quiet.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank NJCCalgary
Manchester
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We had a great stop at Beaufort House and would happily have stayed longer. The accommodation was spacious and spotless with thoughtful additions such as milk and orange juice waiting in the fridge, not to mention the essential free WiFi! We loved being in the buzzy Knightsbridge area with plenty of shopping, restaurants, cafes and of course the V&A. The Beaufort staff were delightful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kerilewisbrown
Lima, Peru
Reviewed November 13, 2009

My husband and I have been for 2 times in the past month in The Beaufort House and we couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. We really felt we had a home in London!! we really prefer to stay in self catering than hotels, because we like more the home feeling.

The location is great...steps from Harrods and all the shops in Brompton Rd, the museums, restaurants and M&S.

The apartments are beautiful, modern and with all the amenities you need. We really couldn't ask for more. Our apartment had 3 bedrooms (each one with its own bathroom, TV, IPod player and even a own terrace), separate living and dining room and a modern kitchen.

Housekeeping was very efficient and comes everyday so the apartment is always clean, very nice ladies.

Our many thanks to Juan, the manager, and to the whole staff, they all made both our stays wonderful and we will be back soon without doubt. The are all very nice and helpful, got wonderful restaurant reservations and even got us 2 tickets in a very popular theather play :)

Really we couldn't be more happy.....we have to come to London on a frequent basis for family reasons, and this is our new home !!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple