“Chocolate lovers Heaven”

Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Dublin
“Chocolate lovers Heaven”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you really like chocolate, these shops are a must, they have such a wonderful variety of chocolate, with the most helpful and informative staff offering advice or suggestions where needed. When we were in London last it rained a lot, so it was a really wonderful comfy place to stop and have a hot chocolate, they are strong, but outstanding. The seating area downstairs is tiny but so cosy and anything like the wonderful aromas. Well worth a visit

• Visited February 2013

Snowdonia National Park, United Kingdom
“Secret and secluded cafe”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was first taken here in mid-December by my sister. Covent Garden was buzzing with Christmas activity and we needed a destination for post-lunch coffee. (It was dark by this point and lunch had run-on longer than expected!). I followed suggestion of Hotel Chocolat and wasn't aware of the sit-down cafe downstairs. Working our way past the allure of beautfiful chocolates (I've had chocolates as a gift before and they are sumptious) we made our way down the metal swirl of stairs to the cafe. A lovely setting of bricks and industrial sized pipes it felt secluded and relaxed. Not over-crowded I enjoyed a quiet rest from London's busy streets late afternoon. I ordered the MOCHA (best of both coffee and chocolate) and we each had a truffle each. In my honest opinion the mocha was a bit strong for me and on re-visiting I ordered the milky hot chocolate which was much better. However I could taste that it was very luxurious and served in small white ceramic cups it was very appetizing and I did finish it. I recommend the milky hot chocolate for a lighter palate. Although the drinks were gorgeous, the service did not live up to the standard of chocolate...aloof baristas looked glum and forgot to bring our truffles over. This was unexpected because the upstairs shop is very energetic with good service. It would do them a favour if they brightened the mood downstairs in the cafe. The cakes and croissants were very average so I suggest not being too hungry for this place. I haven't tried the sandwiches but it feels almost wrong to want food with the chocolaty smell permeating the nostrils! A sound cafe with beautiful hot chocolate, know that milky will be lighter and enter with beaming smiles...perhaps being underground all day dulls the mood! Who knows?! Enjoy x

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic chocolate cafe”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hotel Chocolate is one of my favourite chocolate producers. The cafe is a lovely place to go for coffee/ hot chocolate or pancakes! You can even see them roasting or conching.

Visited November 2013
“Lovely variety of chocolate ”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Dark chocolate selection is wonderful. The chili hot chocolate is mild with a hint of spice at the end.
If you have a huge sweet tooth, go for the jasmine white hot chocolate. It is enjoyable for the first few drinks but can become sickly sweet if you prefer darker blends.
Pair with the dark chocolate tart to complete a relaxing date.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I love coffee but can't drink it so when you tell me there's a place that serves an Americano made out of pure cocoa beans I get excited! They as serve an espresso & another coffee favourite that I have forgotten.

I've tried a lot of hot chocolate but what they serve at Hotel Chocolat in Covent Garden is something else. It's hard to describe but is sugar-free and delicious.

If you love hot chocolate then this this place is a must!!

• Visited June 2013