“live music, HUGE pub good security, arsey bar-maid”
Review of The Porterhouse

The Porterhouse
Ranked #80 of 1,290 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Award winning stouts, ales and lagers, all from our brewery in Dublin. Home of the Dingle Whiskey Bar with over 180 world whiskies.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went to celebrate a friends birthday, live band did some covers downstairs bar. Door staff very friendly and professional. What let it down is the female member of staff downstairs who was nearly rude. I don't know what the problem was. even sober she was mean to us. had a fringe. woman serving food was moody too,

overall, cool pub, £5 a drink pretty much, mini guiness shot £4, no lucky lucky man in toilets so that's a plus. will go again. biggest pub I have ever been in, so many floors!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Generally I've had a great experience in the Porter House in Covent Garden, but this weekend the bar staff we're doing something really strange! They kept taking peoples orders and then started to serve someone else at the same time before finishing! Which meant every time I was at the bar I had to wait 3-5 minutes for my drinks. Which has kind of put me off going there again for a while. =[

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had a superb day at the Porterhouse last Saturday. Started at 8.30am to see New Zealand v England rugby game. We had Lunch which included Burgers and Pizzas which were very tasty and extreamly large. Service was great from the bar staff and having left for the afternoon to explore more of London we headed back in the evening. The door staff remembered our earlier visit when we returned in the evening as did the Bar staff, which I found to be amazing as the place was very busy at this time. The live music was terrific and we had a great night.
I will be back for the rugby and world cup matches.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Expecting a casual relaxed pub lunch with friends, we didn't expect to be faced with the appalling service we received. My order came out as something different to what I thought I had ordered, the stroppy waitress huffed and puffed as we informed her the dish she had place in front of us wasn't our order. Moments later the bartender I had place my order with came back out with the waitress and the plate of food, holding a menu telling me it IS what I ordered, it turns out there are 2 items on the menu with the same name (no apology for the mix up.) Shortly after the rude waitress reappeared holding her palm out in front of my face saying you owe us £2 for the other dish. I was horrified by her vile manners & disgusting attitude, I told her to cancel my order as I didn't wish to eat here any longer. The group of us couldn't believe what had unveiled before our eyes. I spoke with the manager who was also hopeless he refunded my order however we still received no apology. We will not be recommending or returning!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Group of old friends out for the night, food was not great, pretty ordinary fair for rather high prices, also drank off a tab that became a little hard to reconcile at the end, we paid and left and did have a good time, but that was the friends and the beer, not the food.

1  Thank Tanked2