“Great little pub”
Review of The Grenadier

The Grenadier
Ranked #23 of 1,289 Nightlife in London
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I always stop here for a pint when in London. Hard to find makes it a great spot for those in the know.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's well hidden. The street is lovely. We just had a pint,sat outside. Beer good. Food prices looked expensive for a pub, but then it is in Knightsbridge ! It's very near Hyde Park Corner...5 min walk... IF you know how to find it..

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Met up with friends here on a Saturday lunch time, this was perfect for our meeting as out of the way and quiet so we could talk. We decided to have a lunch and ordered from the bar menu - then asked as we were 7 if we could move to the restauranty area of the pub - to be told we had ordered from the wrong menu for that area??? The food itself was lovely but the service was not great!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

First, here's how to find it - it's about a 10 minute walk from Hyde Park corner. From Knightbridge Road head south on Wilton Place, turn left on Wilton Crescent and then left on Wilton Row and walk all the way to the end. Or test a cabbie - the location of this historic pub has even tripped up a couple London cabbies! Been going to the Grenadier since 1986 when it was introduced to me by a business colleague. I've probably been there 50 times over the years. I just love the wonderful pub atmosphere, sense of history and great pub fare. I am a big fan of their Beef Wellington which is virtually extinct on all other London menus, but all the food is good, and I have never had a problem with rude service. You definitively need reservations for dinner as the place is small. And, if you're American, bring a dollar bill with you so you can write a message on it to paste on the ceiling.

2  Thank Carol B
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were looking forward to visiting but our experience wasn't good. We only went in for a pint and it was a good one from Woodfordes, Wherry. When I eventually got the barmaid to serve me a FULL pint we sat down and were swiftly ousted from our seat by another member of staff as it was reserved (with no sign) for people arriving later. When I said we were leaving after our drink and would leave if they turned up first we got a stern NO. We need to keep the table clean. Well I know my place and we went outside and sat in the gutter. I was told that planning permission has been granted to convert this pace into a dwelling. It will make a better house than a pub.