“Pretty good lunch”

Bill's Restaurant - Islington
Ranked #1,852 of 24,833 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open all day, Bill's restaurants are renowned for their warm welcome, great service and delicious, freshly prepared dishes throughout the day. From hearty breakfasts, through to lovely lunches and the twinkling of candles for dinner in the evening, Bill's is the place to be.
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch on a Sunday. It was starting to get but but they seated us straightaway on one of the large tables.

They took a little while to take our order but the actual food was brought up quite promptly. We very much enjoyed our fish finger sandwich, halloumi sticks and flatbread, all of which were of the good quality we've come to expect in other branches.

Recommended if you're after a meal in busy Islington.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for afternoon lunch 30/09/2017.We had been here before sometime last year it was nice so thought we would go today?When we went in we were greeted by a polite young girl who sat us in our seats and said a waitress would serve us soon the waitress took our order and drinks fine.But from here on everything started going down hill firstly after our starters which were fine our mains came.As the waitress went to put my wife's plate down she spilt all cheese over her top and trousers she did apologise but not good service?Then my fish pie was bone dry there was a fish sauce accompanying it but it was cold I told the waitress this and she just sort of shrugged her shoulders?You would have thought management/Chef would have come out to explain why the dish was not perfect.So I did not pay the service charge and as we was leaving we could here the staff talking about us and then staff were saying bye sarcastically and laughing to which me and my wife wife were not amused at all .Not such good service from a so called friendly welcoming restaurant.

2  Thank stewill237
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I had never been to a Bills restaurant before and had only heard good things, so was really excited to visit.
The restaurant itself was clean and beautifully presented and the menu looked great with lots of different options.
Unfortunately the service was some of the worst I have experienced. I have never waited 45 minutes for my drink order to be delivered to the table before. Along with this, we ended up waiting 1hr 30mins for our food to be served. When asking the waitress where our food was her response was ' sorry we have a large table over there , we will deal with your order once they are gone'
I could have understood a little bit more if the restaurant was packed, but only about 4 or 5 tables were actually full!
Its a shame because when the food did arrive it was lovely, but by 10pm I have to say we weren't really very hungry anymore!
Despite receiving a discount for the long wait, I will not be returning to this restaurant again.

1  Thank Hannah T
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We had crab cakes and BBQ ribs. Both were good. The other selections on the menu looked good too but we could only know that next time. We got complimentary wines next time as well. Surprisingly I captured an MIME in front of it. What a bonus!

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Popped in here before going to a gig at the Islington pub. Customer service was great with drinks being ordered and delivered quickly. We both had one of the burgers and they were really good.We have a Bill's locally in Kent and will definitely be giving that a try.

2  Thank Lawrence64