WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Number 63

Number 63
Ranked #27 of 556 London B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“great location at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Number 63 is located right on beautiful Hyde park and is only 50 metres from lancatster gate tube station so it was a great base for our holiday in London . We had a twin room which was at the back of the hotel with a rather unsightly view of a brick wall and stairwell . However the room was very clean and more importantly -very quiet as it was away from the road noise. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the hotel had a very peacful atmosphere. The newly refurbished breakfast room was charming and served a great breakfast and the staff were very attentive. All in all an excellent deal in busy, expensive London. Would stay there again .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank clancollins6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
shropshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This review is based solely on the service and communications aspect of Number 63.

Booked the hotel via Booking.com back in April, 2 twin rooms for 2 nights, for 4 people, 12th & 13th July for the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park. I made sure to book early to ensure getting rooms at a good rate and near to Hyde Park on this very busy weekend. Received immediate booking confirmation from Booking.com.

On the morning of check-in I phoned the hotel to reconfirm and advise arrival times only to be told that they had us booked in for 1 twin room only and of course were now fully booked.

The staff member who I spoke to had an attitude of “ not my problem” and was more concerned with deflecting any responsibility for the mistake then in helping me find a resolution. She blamed Booking.com, but they say their system is automated and the hotel would have received the same info as myself. This sounds logical to me, but who knows. When I asked what she was going to do to try and help us, she said she would try to find us accommodation elsewhere. However, I did not hear back from her until mid-afternoon by which time we were en-route to alternative accommodation that Booking.com had found for us..thank goodness…and even then she had only called to ask if I wanted to cancel the 1 room they had for us and added that I should have booked direct with the hotel as I would have got a better rate and wouldn’t have this problem.

Booking.com found us what were probably the last 2 twin rooms available anywhere near Hyde Park, in a hotel that I wouldn’t, under other circumstances , have chosen to stay in. It was more expensive and it has very poor reviews on TA, but at least we didn’t have to sleep on a park bench!

Whilst I realize that mistakes happen, this was a very stressful situation and I feel that the hotel’s representative could have handled the situation more sensitively and been more helpful.

I will not be booking this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ShropshireMand
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

When I booked this place I did not expect so much but I was positively surprised when I checked in. Very friendly and attentive staff. I was lucky to get free upgrade to suite room, which was a large room with two separated beds. room was very clean, bathroom a bit small. free coffee and tea sets. very decent breakfast.
the elevator was under construction, so you need carry your luggage to upstairs. hotel located about 50 meter from underground Lancaster gate which makes exploring London very convenient. for a very reasonable price, I recommend this place to anyone.
I will definitely come back if I need to be in London again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mohammad D
Jounieh, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hotel. It is next to Lancaster Gate tube station, and in front of the Hide Park. The room was a little bit small but very clean, hot water and TV available.
A great breakfast is offered by the hotel each morning.
Good service, and the staff (Leonardo and Tami) are very helpful...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank elighanem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a lovely boutique 3 star hotel directly across from Hyde Park and 1 minute from the Lancaster underground; 10 minute walk (or less) from Paddington Station. Breakfast is included in this very reasonably priced hotel. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the staff is warm and friendly, and there are lots of restaurants nearby. Princess Kate has even been seen walking her dogs in Hyde Park on a pleasant day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Alice W
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

we stayed at No 63 for 4 nights , very central - only a stone's throw from the tube. Room was very comfortable although not large but very clean. Bathroom -good hot showers- Very friendly staff who were most helpful. We liked the security of the front door being lock. My husband & I found it very safe and secure and quite suitable for women travelling on their own.The accommodation is opposite Hyde Park so you can stroll through the gardens. A little shop is just up from No 63 as we came home from the theatre one night and just wanted a snack for tea - found this most convenient . Elevator rather small but you can take stairs which will keep you fit. Breakfast was excellent . No 63 Very reasonably priced. Would stay again when in London such is the convenience & quality of the accommodation of No.63.

Room Tip: We did not notice street noise as we were on the 2nd Floor at the back of the building