“A great way to spend a Sunday in London”
Review of Bowl Of Chalk

Bowl Of Chalk
Ranked #13 of 752 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, informal and factoid packed 'pay what you want' walking tours of London. Whether you're a hardened Londoner or just stepped off the plane, you will learn oodles of things about London that you didn't know you didn't know, in guaranteed small groups. Booking via website.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were looking for something to do on Sunday morning in London and saw this walking tour round the Brick Lane and Spitalfields area. We had a really good time. Jonnie is a great guide - he makes the tour interesting and entertaining. I expect every tour is a bit different as Jonnie responds to the group and the conversation which was very entertaining. He is very knowledgeable - but don't worry it is not at all boring. We'll definitely book up to do another tour with Jonnie when we are down next time.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great guide"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just went on a morning walking tour this past weekend and had a wonderful time! Jonnie is incredibly knowledgeable and funny which makes for a great way to learn about London!

Highly recommended for anyone who is visiting (or even from!) London! Am quite looking forward to doing his Sunday tours around East London soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family of five (including two teenagers and a six year old) went around the Trafalgar Square/Covent Garden area with Jonnie on a private walk. I enjoyed it despite having a bout of terrible stomach flu. Jonnie was very considerate and friendly and he obviously knows a great deal about the areas he covers - including where the toilets are! He was also flexible and kindly changed the schedule to a later hour because I felt so ill - and he tailored the walk to fit my teen daughter's interest in literary London. Would highly recommend the walk if you want to interact with a local and see something other than the usual tourist attractions from a bus.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Some friends in London arranged a tour for my wife and me with Jonnie around the Spitalfields area (east London). We spent a couple of delightful hours learning about the history--ancient and recent--of this part of London. Jonnie is friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. I have already recommended him to a nephew who is traveling to London this week, and I hope to spend time with Jonnie the next time I visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Jonnie's walking tours are fantastic - I have noe been on two of them and enjoyed them greatly.
My first "my neck of the woods" Tour was only a year or so ago, and I assumed that the second (a treat for some friends this weekend) would be identical.

What a fool! So much changes so quickly on the streets of London and Jonnie is quietly aware of it all. It's a testament to his skill as a tour guide that he manages to blend the present and the by-gone so seamlessly. Rather than offering a dry glimpse into a more eventful and exciting past - Jonnie brings out the life in the present as you walk the streets with him.

I'll be looking out for mushrooms and chewing gum for months to come.
Cheers