“What a little Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bowl Of Chalk

Bowl Of Chalk
Ranked #14 of 673 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, informal and factoid packed 'pay what you want' walking tours of London. Whether you're a hardened Londoner or just stepped off the plane, you will learn oodles of things about London that you didn't know you didn't know, in guaranteed small groups. Booking via website.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a little Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you're are a person who doesn't like the idea of a 'tour' yet wants to know more about London town, this is for you. I can't wait for my next bimble around town with Jonnie, we learnt so much and what an Adventure!

1 Thank Nancy G

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant guide and wonderful tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I did both the morning tour from Trafalgar Sq to St Paul's, then the afternoon tour from St Paul's to Monument on the one day, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Jonnie was a fountain of knowledge and the tours were very relaxed and informal and I can't believe how much I've learnt from one day! ... more than any textbooks or guidebooks could ever have taught me! The Sat morning tour has a great starting time of 10:30am and the afternoon tour starts at 2:30pm with a one hour break in-between. I'm glad I did both and didn't want them to end! It was a terrific day out and I'm looking forward to doing the east end tour he also runs, thanks Jonnie!

“Very Robin Hood!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a very warm recommendation with a bit of delay. I went on two walks with my two brothers who came to visit me in London in late July. For the first walk, it was only the three of us and Jonnie on a Saturday afternoon. The next day, the group was rather larger, but Jonnie made the tour just as interesting. As I knew a bit about the city already, I was especially intrigued by the details that I hadn't noticed before, and by the stories behind names or places. Jonnie's knowledge about street art especially impressed one of my brothers and made me realise how blindly I usually walk around London. All three of us enjoyed the walks immensely, and we would all agree that regardless of whether you are from London, have lived there for a while or are just on a short visit, you will most probably enjoy Jonnie's walks, too!

Thank you very much again, Jonnie!!

PS: Extra bonus: Stops for toilet, flowers and ice cream included.

Visited July 2012
Vanc
“Well done Jonnie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Wonderful Sunday afternoon walk about East London. We appreciated your presentation of the neighbourhood history along with today's changes. Enjoyed exploring London outside the normal tourist zone....still watching for mushroom and chewing gum art art all the way back to our hotel! Cheers Tom

Ohio
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great tour to kick off our vacation....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

After reading the reviews from Tripadvisor, I contacted Jonnie to set up a private walk for our first full day in London. On our travels, my husband and I like to use local guides so that we can get our bearings and learn some interesting tidbits from a local point of view. Jonnie was excellent.

London is a big city and after our walk with Jonnie, we had a good idea where we were at all times as we walked around the area. We walked to about 20 attractions scattered throughot London and never used the excellent public transportation. The one exception was the Tower of London-which was a good hike from our hotel-which was near Buckigham Palace. But due to an accident-our tour bus could not pick us up-so we walked back from there to our hotel. Because of our tour with Jonnie, we felt comfortable finding our way back from the Tower and just finding our way in general..

After our walk with Jonnie, we walked along the Thames river-a walk he suggested -and it was a great.

One thing I really liked about Jonnie was he answered all my emails promptly and communicated effectively with me prior to our arrival. This is not always the case with tour guides or tour companies-- and I have dealt with many. Jonnie met us right at our hotel -was on time-and delivered exactly what we wanted. I don't know how it could have gone better.
London can be daunting so I recommend everyone take a tour with him. You won't regret it.

Visited August 2012