“the cool hotel in London”

Bulgari Hotel, London
Ranked #63 of 1,089 Hotels in London
New York City, New York, USA
“the cool hotel in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

the location is perfect. the decor is European cool. the spa and pool is fantastic. the food is classic Italien. the the staff is friendly. it is across the street from harvey nicks, harrods, zuma and hyde park. and the aroma is bulgari of course. we had a great stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind comments and I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. You have touched on many of the points that guests enjoy about the hotel, including the great location, design of the building and interiors by Antonio Citterio Patrica Viel and Partners and our award winning spa. My team and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Sylvain F. Ercoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here on a few occasions, on my own, with the family, and every time the staff never fail to impress. polite efficient and friendly.
The decor through out oozes Italy. with a contemporary twist.
The location for restaurants, shops, and museums couldn't be better .
The whole family love it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that you have not only chosen to stay with us but to also return on a number of occasions. We wanted to create a hotel that was ideal for those travelling by themselves or with families and to hear comments such as yours gives us great motivation. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed in the Bulgari the last three times I visited London. It is luxuriously dark, extremely clean and well attended to. The amenities in the room are just fabulous & smell so good. There is plenty of closet space which is great if you are a heavy traveler. The bed is extremely comfortable.

The downside to the hotel is the view isn't all that and the room service food was average.

The location is perfect, just a few steps away from Hyde Park, shopping heavens such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols. Their spa is one of the best, featuring Margaret Dabbs. The gym is also great with the Bodyism system.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and beautiful. The bathrooms, however, are too dark - but still beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Bulgari Hotel, London on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and your time with us, especially the comfort of our custom made beds and the award winning spa. I am pleased to report that we have now opened Rivea, a new restaurant under the guidance of the legendary Alain Ducasse and his expertise will now be extended to all F&B at the hotel including room service.

I do hope that you choose us for the fourth time on your next trip to London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have just spent the last 2 nights here, and my expectations were far exceeded. I knew I was staying in one of the top London hotels, but our visit was luxurious. I would recommend staying here without hesitation, the price is worth it and more. The hotel itself is pristine, gorgeous, and very stylish.
However, all the photo's you see of this hotel, and as good as they are, pale to almost insignificance when it comes to the professionalism and courteousness of the staff - can I just say a great thank you to them all for making our, me and my girlfriend, stay one of the best times ever and we WILL be coming back before the end of the year.
P.S. the little 'gifts' left in your room each day were an amazing surprise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure that I read about your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you both enjoyed the experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on tripadvisor. I shall pass on your kind comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London before the end of the year.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

London has no shortage of luxury hotels. It can be argued that the city is the most global on earth and thus attracts more a solid and consistent stream of business and leisure travelers. This always reliable business can make hotels complacent and lazy, especially (somewhat strangely) at the highest end of the market. Many of the Bulgari's peer hotels have succumbed to this temptation and are charging exorbitant rates for below par service and facilities. As always, most guests are willing to pay a high rate, if they are delivered correspondingly high service. The Bulgari certainly defines its self within the London market as a hotel that can deliver on that equation. The staff are excellent, the facilities beautiful and they are consistent - something not easy to achieve in a high end hotel. As an aside, it is also the best smelling hotel that I have ever been to. It is an extremely welcome addition to the London hotel scene and I hope will force some of its competitors to up their games. Bravo Bulgari!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nicholas2121
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience of the hotel and I was delighted to read your review. We strive to deliver a consistent and informal yet impeccable service to all of our guests and your comments make all at the hotel feel incredibly proud of our achievements. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon sp that we can continue to deliver on our promise.

Kent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our two daughters aged 8&12 for a pre Christmas treat. We were joined by our friends, whom were doing same. After a very over priced meal/ average food in the private dining area we retired to our respective rooms where we found it very dusty and dirty.. The dust was on the mirrors in both the bathroom and bedroom... A crusty remote control..to name but a few... To top it off they parked my shiny new range rover in what we were told was a secure area, which was infact behind the hotel and on the main busy street/ pedestrian area... Not impressed!! If the manager would care to contact me I am happy to provide photographic evidence of the dirty room.We will be sticking to the Mandarin or Langham next time.

• Stayed December 2013
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest

I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us at the end of last year did not truly reflect the service we provide. Your feedback is of great importance to us and I would welcome the opportunity to follow up with you directly so that I can discuss your experience in more detail. Please provide us with your contact details or call me at your earliest convenience on +44 (0)20 7151 1010.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Only stayed for one night for my wife's birthday but wish it was longer. We really enjoyed the spa pool which is fantastic. A very long pool for a city hotel and very relaxing - a great set up.
The rooms were very luxurious (if a little dark).
The location is great if you are staying in London, very close to Hyde Park and great shopping on Knightsbridge and Sloane Street. We also made it to the Natural History Museum so an action packed weekend.
We didn't try the restaurant.
The only hiccup was the concierge looking to give us someone else's shopping when we left with our luggage - no issue for us other than I would dread to think of our own items being taken away by mistake!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylvain_Ercoli, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel, London, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am extremely happy to read about your recent experience here at the hotel and thank you for choosing to celebrate your wife’s birthday with us. You have touched on some of the points that I believe makes the hotel truly unique. I will follow up with our concierge to ensure we avoid the luggage situation happening again and I do hope that you will have the chance to return soon to enjoy our newly opened restaurant, Rivea.