“Good service except for the sly staff at reception...”

Bulgari Hotel, London
Ranked #92 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Medan, Indonesia
“Good service except for the sly staff at reception...”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My parents and I stayed 3 nights in Bulgari when they visited London in December 2013. The stay was good, and I would highly recommend this hotel if not for some staff members. They counted the cash payment when we were checking out in a separate room behind the reception desk, and claimed that there was a shortfall of 200 pounds, which was reduced (surprisingly) to 150 pounds when my parents insisted on a recount. The recount was done by an assistant manager, but she identified herself as a manager to my parents despite her name card saying otherwise.

Travellers beware!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
cheshire
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Thank you so much Bulgari/Bvulgari hotel London we just got home from a wonderful stay. The room was beautiful and absolutely immaculate. We arrived early which wasn't an issue at all we were shown to our beautiful room and were thrilled to find some welcome champagne. The special touches here are really great there was a lovely card welcoming us back (we have stayed once previously) and the Italian biscuits in a jar are another lovely touch.

In the evening turn down I love it that you give the fragrance as it is a nice little takeaway item and I adore the Bvulgari fragrances.

The staff in every area were so welcoming and friendly! When I forgot my toothbrush another was provided and it wasn't the usual folded one thats difficult to use but a proper decent quality one. I remember thinking whilst there that the hotel has really thought of all of the little things that can make your stay true perfection.

I love the business cards printed with my name should I need them during the stay! What a wonderful idea!

We used the bar again this time and love the bar snacks it takes me back to my time working in Italy where they always serve wonderful snacks when you take an aperitif.

We very much hope to return to the hotel soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Along with a couple of friends we have enjoying high teas at 5 star London hotels for many years, and this was one of the best. There were a number of teas we had not come across before. Sandwiches were fairly traditional but well made and plentiful; we were offered extra sandwiches twice. The scones and cakes were wonderful. Service was first class; cups were changed, without having to ask, when we changed teas. Plastic boxes were provided for uneaten cakes. The environment is very modern and very slick. For 2 people the seating and tables are of a normal height. For our group of 4 the table was low and seating, on a sort of L shaped sofa, was also low, which might not be convenient for everyone. We were on a special deal with a free glass of proseco making it a very good value tea.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I came with a group of 5 adults and one toddler, we booked last minute and ended up arriving 45 minutes early. The staff were all very good about this and said that they would be able to fit us in, they showed us to a sofa area by the fire, which was perfect for my young daughter to have a little play on the massive sofa.
all the food came out very well presented and all tasted lovely, when we had finished what we were given each time they asked if we wanted anymore of what we had just had or move on to the next course, we had a few extra each time but just picking what we wanted.
In total we were sat having tea for nearly 3 hours, even after this time the staff were in no rush to get rid of us asking if there was anything else we wanted.
The only thing i would say that is a bit negative would be there was no changing unit or place for me to change my daughters nappy, having to do her on the floor of the toilets.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank amberds83
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Perfect on every level. And also has my favourite spa and pool in london. It is the perfect escape from the city stress while you are still in the city. It is my serenity spot! Being usually picky when it comes to hotels, as service (reception, waiters, spa employees etc) and hygiene standards across the hotel (I have extremely high expectations there) are difficult to be matched even in the best 5 star hotels. You don't need to worry about a thing, when you walk through its doors, the staff do their best to help you, especially a receptionist that went beyond her job to help my friend sort out her hotel reservation in Paris for her next trip. Can't remember the name of the receptionist (blonde young lady - apologies forgot her name). I love this hotel, it has the best scores for service, food and most importantly hygiene + the yummiest candy jars at the reception!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I consider myself to be a reasonably tough reviewer of travel services, I don't mind paying a fair price but I expect blemish free service and facilities.

The Bulgari Hotel in London is perfect. Rooms are very large, bathrooms are perfect. Excellent service, I would describe it as intuitive, small example is when I left my room for the spa and couldn't find any slippers (they are in bottom drawer below safe fyi), when I got back there were slippers laid out by my bed (oh and room had been serviced for a 3rd time that day). Have an afternoon nap, go to the spa - they pop in and perfectly service the room. You never see anybody and there are no annoying turn down knocks on the door. Just intuitive.

The lobby is modern and understated (this is not a cliché, it actually is). A perfect refuge from the bustle of London. Knightsbridge is in the thick of the action. Zuma one of my favorite London Restaurants and Bars is literally behind the hotel.

Stay here!

Only criticism (that you hardly notice) is there is no iconic view outlook. You don't miss it, just saying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James_Kellow
Berlin
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Beautiful design, very luxurious, beautiful bar, super service
One of the best hotels in Europe. The hotel has a great location close to best shopping and great restaurants. The interior of the hotel is top. Very luxurious with a great class and style.
The rooms are spacious and very cosy.
Definitely the best hotel in London.

• Stayed November 2013